Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SteelSeries Rival 600: We Have Lift Off - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageSteelSeries Rival 600: We Have Lift Off - MMORPG.com

It’s been a while since I’ve seen real innovation in a mouse but SteelSeries really pushes the envelope with its dual sensor Rival 600. The first of it’s kind, the Rival 600 has a sensor dedicated to lift-off detection - but does it really make a difference? Read on to find out.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Nice mouse, though a top down picture would have been nice. I feel like they kind of copied some of the design features of the Corsair Glaive for this one. Nice that they added mechanical switches, though I'm not sure if the second sensor for lift-off is totally needed unless you are super super twitchy. I never have any issues with this lift off problem in FPS games on my Glaive and I can adjust that aspect just fine in the Corsair software on my mouse.
    [Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SaltyDog79SaltyDog79 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    The one thing that is a big turn off for me is the "soft-touch rubber coating". Sure that rubber seems real nice at first... then the oils and sweat from your hand do their magic and soft-touch rubber coating becomes sticky-slowly peeling away rubber coating. yay!
    CryolitycalEricTheO
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645

Not enough to pull me away from my Logitech Proteus Spectrum

I've looked at the Rival 500, 600, and 700, but the Proteus is still my weapon of choice. I'm half trying to replace it and still can't find a successor.
  • waffleflopperwaffleflopper Member UncommonPosts: 31

saltyd said:

The one thing that is a big turn off for me is the "soft-touch rubber coating". Sure that rubber seems real nice at first... then the oils and sweat from your hand do their magic and soft-touch rubber coating becomes sticky-slowly peeling away rubber coating. yay!

Think that is why logitech went away from that. I rubbed a hole right on the thumb button, think it was a mx mouse, great mouse but material just didn't hold up, it started getting gnarling around year 4 .

I know what you mean, I've had a mouse with that material. The SteelSeries material just feels slightly different to me. It's not quite the same but I had no other way to describe it. I'm hoping it doesn't have the same pitfalls as others.
    [Deleted User]