Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Addon which make questing more immersion

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
Found this out today!

So my plans are get exalted with argus, make a voidelf and start question with this addon.

bcbullySovrath

Comments

• NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    This kind of questing is a bit dated and unneeded imho. What's wrong with WQs or system like in GW2?
    josko9
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    WoW and Immersion don't go hand in hand ;)

Besides this addon definitively doesn't revolutionize questing, what with only a small UI fix? Questing is much more than that. Sadly WoW doesn't actually have "quests", only small mindless tasks with extremely low quality story writing.

However it does improve the atrocious WoW UI a little bit, and that's certainly worth praising. 
    [Deleted User]
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    Turn off instant quest text in your interface and it scrolls as it writes.  Been there since day 1 of the game.  People just turned it off because they didn't want to wait for the text to write before they started reading it.

Doesn't add any overhead to the game at all either.  

The quest log was meant to be you reading the page of a book you had in your hand, not watching two characters on the screen with subtitles.  You're actually moving away from immersion as a book requires you to paint the picture from the words that you read.  Your interpretation is different than someone else's interpretation.  This add-on removes that element of the story.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Not a bad addon I like the scrolling text better than it appearing all at once.
    Chamber of Chains
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited February 2018
    Now I'm using immersion addon and gw2 ui addon!

So far I'm loving it:

Immersion:

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    I don't think that has anything to do with immersion. For me immersion is about having to read the quest text and then having to reason and find out what you need to do. Having the text appear slowly instead of all at once has nothing to do with that and it's just tedious.

But for each his own.