Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift - Prime Server Q&A Wrap Report - MMORPG.com

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    Torval said:
    Torval said:
    If you go to their site they have it setup like a permanent fixture. I think they'd like this to be a permanent thing and a success. They are putting in the effort to present it that way. We'll see how everyone feels in a year.
    As soon as they confirm they plan to drop the sunset date, I'll likely try it.
    I'm not sure they'll ever do exactly that, but if they're happy with numbers a few months down the road with no end date in sight then it might be worth checking out.
    Just to go further with that point I would say give it a go straight away. It is just a game. We know it will run for at least a year which is a long time to play one game so why not just jump in and have a good time with like minded people. Memories will be made and fun may be had.  
    Because at the end , you will  most likley end up in the same shit cash shop servers we have now ...

Why would i want to play a game , pay a sub for a year to end up on the same shithole, greedy ass.cashshop ,p2w,cesspool , that i already have characters on because(that i started at launch with ) , they , already lied an deceived turning those servers into what we see today , And many dont like it and have left , Hence this desperation to suck more money from those easily separated from it..

NO TRION JUST NO
    Or they get a good response and form a solid player base and keep the integrity of Prime intact and allow it to run on beyond the year or so mark they have mentioned. 
    Your idea is to just not cross the road because there is a chance to get hit by a car. Well I don't live like that. I go in to something with tempered expectations and accepted realization. 
    It is just a game. I will play it, have fun with it and eventually move on to something else as we all do. Nothing is forever. 
      ummmmm   no,,,,,,,,, There is a difference between taking a chance and being foolish ...

Lets see , me buying thousands of shares in EA in o8 when it plummeted to 15$ was taking a chance ..( that payed off well ill add)

Me taking part in another thinly veiled attempt by Trion to bleed more money from the community is not ,...

A fear of taking chances ...

I took a chance with Trion when i spent 150$ on an AA founders .. How did that turn out .. ohh I got fucked ..

I took a chance with Trion when i jumped into Rift at launch and played for 2 years and 3 months before they fucked that up....

I really liked the Defiance TV series and jumped into that game and watched Trion  fuck that up with P2W ...and terrible servers ..

I jumped into Devilian .................. shutting down    ...        does this one need an expanation ...

Trion has proven over and over .... that crossing there street is not a chance you take , but one you surely end up with tire tracks across your back

Well you already made your mind up before Rift Prime was even announced so why bother even coming onto a thread and spitting the same tired vitriol about Trion if you never have any intention of playing another one of their games? If you do not plan to cross that road move on and find another road. Negative energy is poison mate ;)
                       Its not negative , i am positively trying to help others from falling into the the Trap , This is me helping the community , this is a Discussion forum last i checked , so you need to go into something with tempered expectations and accepeted realization , that everyone does not like or respect Trion as a dev/pub

Seriously? You really believe you are helping the community? Every developer has fans and detractors. Trion detractors are some of the loudest and if mmorpg players are on this site we can all be assured they have heard the same tired Trion bashing for years now. You are not helping anyone other than yourself. 
       Of course this is your opinion , you are entitled to it ....your wrong .. But go ahead kid have fun with it ..

And ill continue to spread the word to any community i can........
    "I would guess that a large portion of "This" community has played "X" game over a year straight, I realize the data  does not back that up off of the genre as a whole , but This comunity is a bit Niche and  mostly comprised of Vet players .."

Read more at https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/471816/prime-progression-server-to-launch-on-march-7th-rift-mmorpg-com/p7#Q6B2RqhGR9K7bFY4.99

;)
    what your point ...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

And it just dawned on me why .. They will shutter this server ... They have to ..

As they forced the F2P cash shop model on the community from the initial servers , it would further piss off that community that they fucked the with the first split , i could hear it now , and rightfullly so as players from the original servers demand to be transfered to the new sub server ,9which they could not do) because that is what they signed up for from the beginning when Trion woke one day and decided to switch them all to F2P hvy cash shop servers ..

Quite the conundrum they have themelves in .. If this prime server takes off and they decide to keep it up then why did you take all the servers from before and switch them to F2P Cash Shop .. When the communtiy even asked you AT THAT TIME , to leave 1 cluster as sub only and transfer us to that , and open your new F2P cluster ..

well Trion .............
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    Torval said:
    Torval said:
    If you go to their site they have it setup like a permanent fixture. I think they'd like this to be a permanent thing and a success. They are putting in the effort to present it that way. We'll see how everyone feels in a year.
    As soon as they confirm they plan to drop the sunset date, I'll likely try it.
    I'm not sure they'll ever do exactly that, but if they're happy with numbers a few months down the road with no end date in sight then it might be worth checking out.
    Just to go further with that point I would say give it a go straight away. It is just a game. We know it will run for at least a year which is a long time to play one game so why not just jump in and have a good time with like minded people. Memories will be made and fun may be had.  
    Because at the end , you will  most likley end up in the same shit cash shop servers we have now ...

Why would i want to play a game , pay a sub for a year to end up on the same shithole, greedy ass.cashshop ,p2w,cesspool , that i already have characters on because(that i started at launch with ) , they , already lied an deceived turning those servers into what we see today , And many dont like it and have left , Hence this desperation to suck more money from those easily separated from it..

NO TRION JUST NO
    Or they get a good response and form a solid player base and keep the integrity of Prime intact and allow it to run on beyond the year or so mark they have mentioned. 
    Your idea is to just not cross the road because there is a chance to get hit by a car. Well I don't live like that. I go in to something with tempered expectations and accepted realization. 
    It is just a game. I will play it, have fun with it and eventually move on to something else as we all do. Nothing is forever. 
      ummmmm   no,,,,,,,,, There is a difference between taking a chance and being foolish ...

Lets see , me buying thousands of shares in EA in o8 when it plummeted to 15$ was taking a chance ..( that payed off well ill add)

Me taking part in another thinly veiled attempt by Trion to bleed more money from the community is not ,...

A fear of taking chances ...

I took a chance with Trion when i spent 150$ on an AA founders .. How did that turn out .. ohh I got fucked ..

I took a chance with Trion when i jumped into Rift at launch and played for 2 years and 3 months before they fucked that up....

I really liked the Defiance TV series and jumped into that game and watched Trion  fuck that up with P2W ...and terrible servers ..

I jumped into Devilian .................. shutting down    ...        does this one need an expanation ...

Trion has proven over and over .... that crossing there street is not a chance you take , but one you surely end up with tire tracks across your back

Well you already made your mind up before Rift Prime was even announced so why bother even coming onto a thread and spitting the same tired vitriol about Trion if you never have any intention of playing another one of their games? If you do not plan to cross that road move on and find another road. Negative energy is poison mate ;)
                       Its not negative , i am positively trying to help others from falling into the the Trap , This is me helping the community , this is a Discussion forum last i checked , so you need to go into something with tempered expectations and accepeted realization , that everyone does not like or respect Trion as a dev/pub

Seriously? You really believe you are helping the community? Every developer has fans and detractors. Trion detractors are some of the loudest and if mmorpg players are on this site we can all be assured they have heard the same tired Trion bashing for years now. You are not helping anyone other than yourself. 
       Of course this is your opinion , you are entitled to it ....your wrong .. But go ahead kid have fun with it ..

And ill continue to spread the word to any community i can........
    "I would guess that a large portion of "This" community has played "X" game over a year straight, I realize the data  does not back that up off of the genre as a whole , but This comunity is a bit Niche and  mostly comprised of Vet players .."

Read more at https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/471816/prime-progression-server-to-launch-on-march-7th-rift-mmorpg-com/p7#Q6B2RqhGR9K7bFY4.99

;)
    what your point ...

ahh you dont have one ......................... got it

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited February 2018
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:

;)
    what your point ...

I thought the point was clear. I don't play connect the dots. 
    We are not kids here after all ;)

you obviously dont have a point here or you would make it clear , i think your dots are all fucked up

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:

;)
    what your point ...

I thought the point was clear. I don't play connect the dots. 
    We are not kids here after all ;)

you obviously dont have a point here or you would make it clear , i think your dots area all fucked up

Well good point Blue ... empty and void of any substance like the rest of your input to this discussion ...
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Hey blue, did you like the questing and exploring?

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Torval said:
    The cool thing I like about exploring is that you can climb most every mountain. There are shiny artifacts all over and there are tricks to spotting them and getting to them. They're just collection items and those sometimes reward gold, titles, or non-combat pets. The artifacts can also be sold on the AH and some are valuable.

Hunting bosses and rare monsters for cosmetic drops is the kind of thing that interests me too. I like the idea of unlocking wardrobe items through dungeon runs and in game activities. Hunting that stuff once you're a bit geared out makes repeating runs more interesting. Transmog is very popular in WoW.
    I very much enjoy Transmog in WoW.  The "lore" explanation would likely be a poor fit for other MMORPGs, but the mechanic is excellent.  It is rather extraordinary how Blizzard, more often than not, can take a general feature and implement it in a way that resonates with a lot of folks.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    I liked it and would have signed up til I saw the 1 year thing. Seems like in a year they will be selling us a bunch of other stuff if we want to continue playing
    RemyVorender
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited February 2018
    Revert it back to launch or pitch any angle of why you should play this but the base game couldn't survive without a cash shop and even with cash shop only has hundreds not thousands of players. Log in today to see that the only improvements made to the game are directly tied into the cash shop. This is an obvious cash grab by a company known for cash grabs. How are those $150 AA and Devilian founder packs working out for everyone?
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Thupli said:
    Hey blue, did you like the questing and exploring?

I found the quests in Rift about average compared to other games in the genre. No better or worse. They did have some overarching quests chains I really enjoyed.
    I am a quest runner by nature and this game scratched that itch for sure. Exploring in Rift is really well done in my opinion. Not amazing but really better than many. 
    Cairns are scattered through the game and exploring the map will allow you to discover them. Inside are sometimes not so amazing things or decent things depending. (I have gotten blue equipment before)
    I even posted a screenshot of one I found on this site a long while ago. 

https://www.mmorpg.com/photo/efe67830-3018-4e60-8ce1-97a195bc0b37

Torval said:
    The cool thing I like about exploring is that you can climb most every mountain. There are shiny artifacts all over and there are tricks to spotting them and getting to them. They're just collection items and those sometimes reward gold, titles, or non-combat pets. The artifacts can also be sold on the AH and some are valuable.

Hunting bosses and rare monsters for cosmetic drops is the kind of thing that interests me too. I like the idea of unlocking wardrobe items through dungeon runs and in game activities. Hunting that stuff once you're a bit geared out makes repeating runs more interesting. Transmog is very popular in WoW.
    I do enjoy questing as a whole and I really loved picking shinies. I may just hop in and check it out in spite of being miffed about the threatened life span of the server.
    [Deleted User]

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited February 2018
    Scorchien said:

Its not negative , i am positively trying to help others from falling into the the Trap , This is me helping the community , this is a Discussion forum last i checked , so you need to go into something with tempered expectations and accepeted realization , that everyone does not like or respect Trion as a dev/pub ..

And to be honest , and you can check my posts if you like , At the very first annoncement of Prime , ( before they told anyone they were going to possibly shuuter and move toons to live)

I said this could be a good move by them and if they did the same with AA they would regain some of the lost trust of the community ........ I was wrong .. shoulds known better ...

Same ole ..
    Every MMO game i been in full of traps and lies. MMO companies go with the investors tell them even if does not make the player base happy. I do support Trion things I find fair not underhanded as I still play the live. With Rift Prime I think is a lazy way to bring in money then cleaning up the cash shop with better not questionable item. If Rift team can prove me wrong but not to sure about that how much great idea failed on them. If they can get it right this time then they won't move anyone to live. Good part they are telling the truth this time around. Then making people move due to people not willing to put in the time and money for a sub server to stay alive.
    People weren't willing to put in the time or money when this game was still on the radar but now there are 5x+ as many MMO's and many do not require $15 a month for a game that has aged worse than the EQ's IMO. The EQ's have the retro thing going for them but this one hovers in between WoW clone and low budget eastern cash shop game IMO. Unlike WoW though this game did not drastically change much over the years so if you played around launch, log in and guess what 90% of the base game is still the same if you don't mind playing non-p2w OP classes. I just logged in and saw my two headed turtle that someone else mentioned, the over the top hazy gfx and only 2 people logged in which is probably the real reason they are doing this to get more players on the FTP server when this one "doesn't do as well as they expected". I did ask one of the two logged in a question though and he was really nice offering help if I needed it.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited February 2018
    BruceYee said:
    Scorchien said:

Its not negative , i am positively trying to help others from falling into the the Trap , This is me helping the community , this is a Discussion forum last i checked , so you need to go into something with tempered expectations and accepeted realization , that everyone does not like or respect Trion as a dev/pub ..

And to be honest , and you can check my posts if you like , At the very first annoncement of Prime , ( before they told anyone they were going to possibly shuuter and move toons to live)

I said this could be a good move by them and if they did the same with AA they would regain some of the lost trust of the community ........ I was wrong .. shoulds known better ...

Same ole ..
    Every MMO game i been in full of traps and lies. MMO companies go with the investors tell them even if does not make the player base happy. I do support Trion things I find fair not underhanded as I still play the live. With Rift Prime I think is a lazy way to bring in money then cleaning up the cash shop with better not questionable item. If Rift team can prove me wrong but not to sure about that how much great idea failed on them. If they can get it right this time then they won't move anyone to live. Good part they are telling the truth this time around. Then making people move due to people not willing to put in the time and money for a sub server to stay alive.
    People weren't willing to put in the time or money when this game was still on the radar but now there are 5x+ as many MMO's and many do not require $15 a month for a game that has aged worse than the EQ's IMO. The EQ's have the retro thing going for them but this one hovers in between WoW clone and low budget eastern cash shop game IMO. Unlike WoW though this game did not drastically change much over the years so if you played around launch, log in and guess what 90% of the base game is still the same if you don't mind playing non-p2w OP classes. I just logged in and saw my two headed turtle that someone else mentioned, the over the top hazy gfx and only 2 people logged in which is probably the real reason they are doing this to get more players on the FTP server when this one "doesn't do as well as they expected". I did ask one of the two logged in a question though and he was really nice offering help if I needed it.
    About op classes WoW had few of them on in it's time took to nerf them abit, but still have this problem due this is why there still buff and nerf to this day. Rift does have op spec some needed the cash shop souls items, but not all of them. Depends what game we talking about as we just can't forget WoW is a clone from other games so we can't judge other MMO being a WoW clone.  When people have every right not put time or money in to company they don't feels is working out for them.  What Rift is doing with Prime is going back where they end up before won't get people willing to pay and stay even if people says how good the game is in. People can't leave a game where their friends are to join up a sub server game if they don't come too.
  • KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233

Thupli said:

How is the lore of the game? Are the quests good or is it just hub hopping?

The Lore in Rift is incredible, you will find it not only with quests but in the dungeons, raids and artifacts that are available throughout the world that is a massive part of Rift collections. There are also world events etc that all tie in with the Lore. This game is not just about quest hopping but there are chain quests that have brilliant lore as well as Saga's.
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419

jhndoe said:

nNot interested untill they remove macros. Pressing 2 buttons aint fun combat.

This is the number 1 thing that turned me off to the game. That and the uselessness they eventually made of the Rogue Bard.

So they are giving us a subscription only limited-progression server, just as many people wanted, with the ability to transfer to live when and if they shut it down. If this is your ball of wax, not seeing a downside to this at all.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    When you don't want to put any effort or cost into your game,just start a new server.I would say 99% for sure Rift did NOT need a new server.In EQ2 DBG is doing the same crap,EQ2 has been shutting down servers and combining the rest and now they start a new server ,,pfft lame businesses these are trying to create new cash flow from nothing.

Here is a hint,your game is not good enough,the design is not at least imo very well done,maps are small and seem more like tiered zones than a game world.Rifts were not done with enough effort and the invasions were again poorly done.Don't like the souls idea nor the idea of how your player gets point and allots them,how does that have any real immersion to it,a bunch of numbers and stat sheets,i'd go play Eve if i liked that.

Can somebody please do a mmorpg properly,without cluttering screens with all sorts of fake bars and rolling timers and nothing makes sense.When i see these games it looks like NO thought was put into any decisions other than,can we do this,will it work.

A new server does NOTHING for the game,it is only a cash grab idea.What these server ideas also do is try to rid the game of any and all currency and items that players have worked for years to accumulate.End game dead,well start over with a new server,create new reasons for players to spend again,it is all scummy business practices.

AND it confirms to me that Trion is NOT doing well and trying any low cost way to create cash flow.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited February 2018
    Wizardry said:
    When you don't want to put any effort or cost into your game,just start a new server.I would say 99% for sure Rift did NOT need a new server.In EQ2 DBG is doing the same crap,EQ2 has been shutting down servers and combining the rest and now they start a new server ,,pfft lame businesses these are trying to create new cash flow from nothing.

Here is a hint,your game is not good enough,the design is not at least imo very well done,maps are small and seem more like tiered zones than a game world.Rifts were not done with enough effort and the invasions were again poorly done.Don't like the souls idea nor the idea of how your player gets point and allots them,how does that have any real immersion to it,a bunch of numbers and stat sheets,i'd go play Eve if i liked that.

Can somebody please do a mmorpg properly,without cluttering screens with all sorts of fake bars and rolling timers and nothing makes sense.When i see these games it looks like NO thought was put into any decisions other than,can we do this,will it work.

A new server does NOTHING for the game,it is only a cash grab idea.What these server ideas also do is try to rid the game of any and all currency and items that players have worked for years to accumulate.End game dead,well start over with a new server,create new reasons for players to spend again,it is all scummy business practices.

AND it confirms to me that Trion is NOT doing well and trying any low cost way to create cash flow.
    I wish for the time when a mmo don't end up making more things to do with the bar then less. I agree that Rift didn't need a new server, and yes this all about money nothing new with a MMO company just very cheapy done. Don't mean Rift team is lazy they did PTW map and story really well done. Even the new zone in the next xpack well done too. New Event zone in Rift pretty lazy done, and pvp last thing in their minds. Then Dungeons not well done as the trash to much health + people skipping them just get them done faster.  Support not that important in dungeons anymore then someone with dps. So much things they can do but did end up going with Prime. I don't agree with what they done. For me I going stay on the live server then go to a server that the endgame will be pretty much a few guilds trying to get server First if they can get 20 people.

I agree Trion is not doing well on the Rift side of things they lost abit of a player base to other games. This creating new cash flow is more on the side of the investors they have. Just to invest more in to Rift and their other games if they see a gain.
  • deveilbladdeveilblad Member UncommonPosts: 193
    So basically.... They are releasing a server like the original game ?..... Why if the original failed...?
  • nekoquanixnekoquanix Member UncommonPosts: 10

danwest58 said:

Will LFG be available?

Yes

Will LFR be available?

Maybe, working on it but because of 20 man more work is needed

Nope if I wanted to play a game with LFG/R I would be playing FFXIV or WOW. Sorry but these kill MMORPGS and its been said thousands of times over.

I do not understand why people do not like LFR/LFG ? It makes your life easier, you can do a lot of things while queue-ing. I thing people who hate this system is the same as people who go to work and decline all the things that their boss try to make the job easier for them. If I pay $15 a month I would love to have something that make my life easier because I do not like the feeling that I come back from work and I only have about 1 - 2 hours to play the game and somehow I spend 50% - 75% off my time for something like " LFG / LFM Hall of Valor "
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    As always for players it is about perception, as much as it is about the reality of what is going to happen and why. If you make players think a "server" will be shut down after a short time then that's going to sick, regardless that the reality of the situation is the same as that for any new sever.
    RemyVorender
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Scot said:
    As always for players it is about perception, as much as it is about the reality of what is going to happen and why. If you make players think a "server" will be shut down after a short time then that's going to sick, regardless that the reality of the situation is the same as that for any new sever.
    Trion's marketing team is clueless for sure.

Joined - July 2004