Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The death of Archeage

SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317
*Not my video but wanted to share.

How i miss this game.....so...so.....much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyLdfaUTJP8
GdemamiKyleran

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    "Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated "
    Mikehapantaro[Deleted User]WraithoneScot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    The game did fail after spending 2 years in Arche Age and watching Trion make stupid moves from the "Hero System" which doesn't work, Timed Events daily, Forced PVP, and finally the Fresh Start servers completely killed the game.
    sumdumguy1Phry
    Yet someone is still playing?
    JemAs666waynejr2ToodlesMikehad_20

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,789
    Archeage has been dead to me for a long time. I could have been a great game but was too uneven in spreading what you could do within. Too much grind (and other things).

Kyleransumdumguy1

Let's party like it is 1863!

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Trion must have Osiris on speed dial based on how many times this game has supposedly died. 
    JemAs666
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Great game up til level 30.
    Hariken

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    for me it was released 3 years too late.  graphics were meh upon release in the west, cuz of that delay

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Isn't this like Trion's 2nd grossing title or something? Behind Trove maybe. That aside, things could always be "better" when you're from the outside looking in. The current business model of this game is pretty horrible and anyone who defends it either a) spent enough to put a down payment on a home to get anything good or b) has accepted the fact that they wont be able to get past a certain point regardless of how much time they spend grinding in the game and are fine with that. Even though I FEEL the game would be better received in the western market if it went sub only with a cosmetic CS at best, I do KNOW it would ultimately make them less money because you do have a lot of people in this game that don't mind throwing money at it just for virtual satisfaction. So its disappointing, but the game is far from dead.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    Oh the dupe exploit drama that "never happened", how I remember that. But Archeage was troubled since it launched, the controversy that clashed heads with the community made many give up on a game they cared to play.

Then Black Desert appears and it's ongoing popularity seem to be where many went, as it does work as a container MMO for those who played Archeage and moved on.
    Phry
  • BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302
    Gruug said:
    I could have been a great game but was too uneven in spreading what you could do within. 
    I'm sure you can still be a good game, Gruug. Don't give up on yourself :)
    ManWithNoTanSovrathklash2defd_20Loke666Phry
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    edited January 2018
    Playing since day 1. Don't think i missed a day for a play session.

Why i should leave the best MMORPG on the market to play sub par games ?
    Mikehasumdumguy1Borluc
    I still miss Archeage, the two things it gets right.

1.) Housing was done right
    2.) Life Skills

Both these were 100x better than Black Desert Online.

What could have used improvement is the Combat tab targeting, and the housing system so housing was instanced per instead of just having limited plots, as well as things like bigger storage like World OF Warcraft has, ability to store costumes safely account wide, and perhaps the labor pool removed.
    Interitus
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    I am still playing, but I mostly just am making money atm, not playing otherwise much.  I really dislike the nation system, I think on my server their is like 4-5 nations.  I think it kills the original concept of the game, the west/east/pirate.  Now people gear up, and probably 80ish% that get high gear scores go join the nations, and it leaves too big of a void in the original factions.

The castle system is a joke, every server I have seen has multiple castles owned by alt guilds that are part of the dominant guilds.  Their were ways to be dominant and monopolize things with the original 3 faction concept, but it was harder imo.  I also think balance isn't that great, but they are doing a big rebalance in Korea atm, so we will have to wait and see what happens.

The cash shop/p2w system (You don't need to pay, but if you don't, you are probably alt to win, like I am doing, have 10k gear score with new point system, but it very time consuming), it is very alienating for anyone that may want to casually play, or anyone that is new.  This is my first big cash shop game like this, and it is crazy to think 1 weapon can be worth $2000+ if you convert it into the APEX currency.  That is just the weapon, then you gotta enhance it, maybe get another weapon/shield and armor.  People are running around with over $5000 worth of gear if converted.  I never imagined I would play a game like this, its crazy.  My weapon, when I got it was a $2000ish weapon, I have had $5000 worth of just gold (If converted into the APEX which is $10 each, and it's selling price in gold), not to mention gear and other stuff.  I am 100% free to play, between me and my wife (10-12 patron accounts total between us, it fluctuates).  So I have found a way to make it work, but it gets old, and the flaws in the game/system make me wish for a game with no cash shop.  The game is being driven by the cash shop, they just got done selling a $150 pack with a car in it, that sold for a lot longer than they usually would sell packs, due to people buying so many of them to sell the stuff in the packs, instead of buying the APEX.  So now the game has a problem, older players two hit new players in pvp, but if you boost up the new players a lot, you are screwing people that have spent a lot of time or money on gear.

A lot of people I know in the game, that still play feel the same way, and a decent amount are looking forward to Pantheon, and one of those reasons is no cash shop.

I like the concept of Archeage, I wish daily stuff would automatically open, its not a big thing, but it would be nice...The current market trend made the game the way it is.  I think the game would be a lot better if it was subscription only, get rid of the random, get rid of labor, find a better pve/pvp time balance (all new content pretty much revolves around pvp, be nice to see a new dungeon here and there a little more, but it is the big money maker), and of course you had enough people that bought into this concept.  If they needed to do a cash shop, make it no drop cosmetic only, but that isn't what makes a bigger population, and people spending hundreds to thousands a month on the game to get gear.
    I had several accounts with thousands of gold income a day just from life skilling.
    For me, the biggest dissapointment to come out of Korea since Lineage : Eternal.. o wait, Eternal never came , so yah, this is the biggest disappointment that came out of Korea so far , in the AA /AAA realm.
    Ouch, that hurt.  (Pressing the agree button on one of your posts.)

;)

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    I don't have anything bad to say about Archeage, I tried it, it just was not my drug.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Now you people stop all this Trion negativity , or it will likely start a revolt .....,, aint that rich
    Ungood
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Scorchien said:
    Now you people stop all this Trion negativity , or it will likely start a revolt .....,, aint that rich
    lol whats with all the hate?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    This game offered nothing original NOTHING.  Is anyone surprised it just slowly died.
    Harikensumdumguy1KyleranBorlucViper482FlyByKnight
    Ungood said:
    I don't have anything bad to say about Archeage, I tried it, it just was not my drug.

Agreed. It just was never a game that hooked me. I was a big fan of Songs so was curious what XL would create since Lineage was my first MMORPG love but AA just never seemed the right flavor for me.  
    Yah same here, there was nothing I would say was bad about it, it just never clicked with me.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Pr3sid3ntSkr00bPr3sid3ntSkr00b Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Wasn’t TRION loved w/ the initial release of Rift? What happened? Lol. Whales sunk another ship I guess. 
    Wasn’t TRION loved w/ the initial release of Rift? What happened? Lol. Whales sunk another ship I guess. 
    Only way a whale can sink a ship is by jumping it.
    a_Kitteh

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    There was a lot of different things that started the downward trend in PR(some trions fault some not). but they basically burned their bridges with AA for a lot of people(and even that wasn't intentional in the beginning I feel).
    Borluc
  • lucyluffylucyluffy Member UncommonPosts: 7
    hmmm death of archeage? I don't know yet XD