Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Designed with gamepad support...

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
uh oh...

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/24072/think-we-can-use-a-controller-to-play-this-game?page=1

IMHO... massive mistake.  A game as described absolutely needs keyboard interaction.   Otherwise everything will be off menus like a console.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Gdemami

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Let them say what they want, the chance of this game seeing the light of day is like 25% at best anyway. Reality sucks, I know.
    Dakeru
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    I've never yet seen a PC game with gamepad support that worked right out of the box.  The way they break it varies wildly from one game to the next, and sometimes they get it to almost work except for one creatively stupid thing that no one else does and that makes it unusable.

The right way to do gamepad support in a PC game is to make it so that every single action can be mapped to one or two arbitrary combinations of one, two, or three keyboard keys (or mouse buttons).  That gives the flexibility to allow external gamepad software to map things however you want.  As an added bonus, it's also the right way to do keyboard support in a PC game.

That FFXIV offered such flexible controls is the biggest reason why the game was fairly gamepad friendly even though the built-in gamepad support didn't recognize several buttons on my gamepad and you might initially expect that such a complex game would be rough on a gamepad.  It also helped that FFXIV allowed using up/down/left/right and normal buttons to navigate menus where you'd otherwise need a mouse click.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Let's be honest:
    It's just one more point on a list of promised features that will never happen.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Minecraft pre-alpha and gamepad support

Let that sink in
  • mystichazemystichaze Member UncommonPosts: 378
    edited February 2018
    OrangeBoy said:
    Minecraft pre-alpha and gamepad support

Let that sink in
    Minecraft? Which is actually VoxElyria, as you well know is not the actual game. It is simply a platform on which the player base is able to get access and test the backend mechanics before and during the graphics design. 
    Dleatherus