Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does This Video Show the First Glimpse of 'New' Vanilla WoW? Some Redditors Think So - World of Warc

2»

Comments

• KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352

I don't want to troll but I will never respect or even view a Reddit or redditors lol. They're just cancer waiting to spread. The amount of scrubby behavior that goes on with Reddit subbredits is extremely high. That being said, I'm glad those type of people finally found their hangout. Hopefully less of them outside that website.

You think I'm trolling, I'm sure you do in reading this.

Look at this page: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/ I counted 8 bait threads just by viewing their titles alone.

How about this page: https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/ Open call-out threads and hate for guilds on the top page lol.

I'll do one more, one that was the only one I was really active in and a topic I find genuinely interesting (and half-advocating): https://www.reddit.com/r/overpopulation/ I'll let you see the trolling that goes on there.

3 legit topics I went to reddit for. 3 legit pages full of said behavior I wrote about.

Reddit = idiots acting like geniuses
    4chan = geniuses acting like idiots.
    BruceYeemrputtsSovrathMrMelGibson
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Funny thing in BFA:"

Dart from stranger things easter egg! Who doesnt want this pet? 
    MrMelGibson

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    Time to put this prediction out there now, this will not be the huge success many posters think it will be. I see the appeal, but this is the same game.

WoW 2 could be a smash, WoW with just an updated engine could be a smash, but not just same old again.
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

I can't wait for Legacy servers to launch. I wont play them, but i want to see the population numbers.

Most people who played on private servers din't want classic WoW, they wanted free to play WoW. Private servers usually have tons of free accounts created, but only 4 digit active users, and that's the most popular ones.

It will be really interesting to see those official numbers when Blizz open those servers and how they will react to the results.

But who knows, if Classic WoW brings back the 12 million players it had with WotLK or close to it then they would definitely kill current WoW and go back to full Classic running on current tech. I'm OK with anything that keeps the game alive for many more years, which means more story for me to see.

Ahm I think you are misunderstanding something. Each Blizzard server also have only 4 digit online users most of the time. In fact there were/are(not really sure if they are actually nowadays) few servers that can reach 5 digits in WoW. Overall it might have millions of users, but server numbers are mostly in the 4 digit.

A private server being able to maintain 4 digit almost 24x7 is... equal to retail, so not sure what you mean by that statement.

I personally tried to play on a private server once, but the 8 hours queue kinda pushed me away.

In vanilla we were roughly 30-35 RL friends who played, but now it's only 3 of us and all 3 of us can't really be counted as playing because we just log every now and then to do some crap that takes 1 hour at most and logout. I've asked those friends of mine if Vanilla official servers launch if they would start again and I got a 100% yes. Of course some(actually most like 90%) will play it casually, but it shows that there are people who do want Vanilla.

Also it's just my thoughts, but people that loved WoW back during Vanilla, TBC, WotLK are now closing in or are way above 30 years of age, so I'm confident they don't want just a "free" WoW when they play on private servers, because they can afford to pay a sub if there is an option on retain.

For me Vanilla and live WoW are 50/50. I want to play both. With the exception of Legion I think that all expansions have offered a lot more than pretty much all of the competitors combined. Legion was utter fail, but from what I've seen in BfA so far Blizzard aren't blind and deaf and are listening to the community and are removing most of the crap that ruined the game in Legion.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    Exactly this I wrote on WoW facebook when they posted this . It might be a ..teaser WoW Classic trailer :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Ok ive looked at the images, check the vids and even went off and found some more, I don't get it, is it a Pepsi challenge or something?
    The images are still woefully undercooked and dated, and after seeing the Unreal work done frankly embarrassing.
    I get that this product is sold so ANYONE can use it, even if you live in a mud hut and have a computer made out of yams, but its been a flaming decade plus, go wild juice it up to run on a Nokia 310.
    Ok I am being unfair to the venerable Nokia phone, I remember some of the community and want to change Nokia, to Fisher Price activity centre.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    These are my expectations of Classic WOW from blizzard:

1) They will use the current engine
    2) They will also make you sub to current wow even if you want to just play classic wow
    3) They will make too many changes and people will go back to private servers
    4) They will only release it during the end of an expansion, so that it doesn't affect their bottom line
    MrMelGibson
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I can't wait for Legacy servers to launch. I wont play them, but i want to see the population numbers.

Most people who played on private servers din't want classic WoW, they wanted free to play WoW. Private servers usually have tons of free accounts created, but only 4 digit active users, and that's the most popular ones.

It will be really interesting to see those official numbers when Blizz open those servers and how they will react to the results.

But who knows, if Classic WoW brings back the 12 million players it had with WotLK or close to it then they would definitely kill current WoW and go back to full Classic running on current tech. I'm OK with anything that keeps the game alive for many more years, which means more story for me to see.
    you really think so?  I will be playing.  I played classic to play classic. There were many servers that had updates that were dead.  It was only the classic servers that had a large community etc.  People could have played closer to the whole game for free if they wanted to.  Having played on a classic server that had a large community. . people loved the classic feel.  Selling bags at the first mailbox etc.  How long it lasts will be interesting.  I would imagine there will be a sharp drop off after 1 year and then that core audience will stick around.  I am not sure how far I will go but I had a great time for a few months and played that over WoW (which I was subbed to).
    Coolit

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• mikeb0817mikeb0817 Member UncommonPosts: 76
    edited February 2018
    Vanilla WoW also had sh!t tons of content. I can't remember the total dungeon count - all the way up to Naxx, but I think it was around 40 (please correct me if I'm off). The dungeons where all a challenge, you would wipe a lot until you learned how to successfully do all encounters, and finishing even the lower level ones gave you a great sense of accomplishment. I can't wait. Dungeons in all newer versions are a joke. You can clear them all with PUGs, with no wipes, flying through the content so fast it's boring.

The one problem I've had with private vanilla servers is trying to fill groups to run said dungeons. But, I think the population numbers on official vanilla will fix that right away. Also hoping they get those meeting stones working properly - I feel like even in retail vanilla those things were kinda broken.

Super excited, can't wait.
    Coolit
  • halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 532
    People's nostalgia-covered glasses are strong with this one.

It'll be popular for a month, then slowly start to die out when they remember the amount of grind it took to get to 60 alone.

Beezerbeez
  • beebop500beebop500 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    People's nostalgia-covered glasses are strong with this one.

It'll be popular for a month, then slowly start to die out when they remember the amount of grind it took to get to 60 alone.

That will sort of depend on how many of the newer QoL changes they implement in the new Vanilla.  I do love old school WoW but honestly do not want to return to the days of spamming "LFG" in trade chat.  Personally, I think they could ease in a few of the better improvements (group finder, lol) without killing the vibe.

I'm excited for it, but if it's a return to a slog that is no longer necessary due to better technology, I wouldn't stay around long.  It won't "die out" though, at least not in the literal sense.  There are plenty of folks with a hankerin' for the old days.
    "We are all as God made us, and many of us much worse." - Don Quixote
  • VanchoraVanchora Member UncommonPosts: 19
    For me the big question is: 'Which game is Blizzard so afraid off?'
    What is coming up that could hurt the big throne? Deny it? Nope but this is absolutely not Blizzard style. They said never for Vavnilla WoW... and now that trying to push hard to make it happen ...

My bet is Pantheon or Camelot unchained. But it can be something totally different.

I like it. And my wish is that all kinds of playstyles are successful (hardcore to easy mode) that way people can play with likeminded fellows. More variety will make life more enjoyable :-)
    BruceYee
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    edited February 2018

sayuu said:

I'm hoping Vanilla WoW will be what Old School runescape is to Runescape. Keeping the integrity in tact and updates that come to it have to go through a community polling so that everything moving forward will be under the same core principles.

yeah tyranny of the majority is exactly how game updates should happen. . .

So democracy is in your eyes.... tyranny? You'd rather a select few would dictate the experience of the many? That's tyranny/dictatorship. Lol!
    that's why I said Tyranny of the MAJORITY. . .not Minority.

and Yes pure democracy is Tyranny, thats middle school level civics 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Vanchora said:
    For me the big question is: 'Which game is Blizzard so afraid off?'
    What is coming up that could hurt the big throne? Deny it? Nope but this is absolutely not Blizzard style. They said never for Vavnilla WoW... and now that trying to push hard to make it happen ...

My bet is Pantheon or Camelot unchained. But it can be something totally different.

I like it. And my wish is that all kinds of playstyles are successful (hardcore to easy mode) that way people can play with likeminded fellows. More variety will make life more enjoyable :-)
    I don't see them adding vanilla servers as a kneejerk reaction like that.  I think the success of things like nostalrius helped them to change their minds a bit.  Other MMO's have already dived in to the classic server idea and sort of shown they are feasible.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited February 2018
    Vanchora said:

'Which game is Blizzard so afraid off?'

I don't think they are remotely afraid of either Pantheon or Camelot Unchained.

This probably has more to do with maximizing revenue streams and consolidating their player base.

Companies change their minds all the time. And you don't know what went on inside Blizzard that shifted the decision. DMKano says that part of the team is adamantly against it and part is for so maybe those who were "for" put together an enticing proposal that was too good to pass up. Or maybe they realized they could add value to a subscription that was worth the effort of creating these servers. We still don't know how they are going to do it and what version/features they are going to incorporate.

World of Warcraft is "World of Warcraft" it was hard enough for those well financed games that tried to emulate its success let alone two small indy games.

[Deleted User]Beezerbeez
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    I liked Vanilla like hell and will for sure play it. But still something feels odd ....
    It is neither Activision nor Blizzard style. I am an old player and nostalgia is big part of me. But still I think forward and try to understand and feel what people think. I am adapting.

Getting just a little bit more subs nah don't think that. Maybe my expectations are too high, but still feels odd.
    I don't think they are that naive to think it will be successfull like it sounds in these forums. For me it still feels like preparation for something bigger.  Let us take into account what they tried with Titan, they wanted to cover every timeline. Something didn't work, so they are going a different path.

At first I would have liked to compare Blizzard to China but they are not. Copycats are everywhere.
    I am looking for some word which I didn't find or don't know. Copying, making better and and not being afraid to try something new with it when safety is there within the product. You know what I mean?
    How would you call that?

They made a nearly perfect mmorpg. They adapted that evolved. People swear for vanilla. I say they did well until Wrath. Vanilla I just enjoyed how it was (Everything). In Burning Crusade I did only PvP (because with PvP equip you could raid too) and in Wrath I raided like hell.  after that it was just too easy and I think they felt like that too.

Hope you undersstnd what I mean here. It just feels like they are preparing for something new.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry english is not my native language.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    sayuu said:

sayuu said:

I'm hoping Vanilla WoW will be what Old School runescape is to Runescape. Keeping the integrity in tact and updates that come to it have to go through a community polling so that everything moving forward will be under the same core principles.

yeah tyranny of the majority is exactly how game updates should happen. . .

So democracy is in your eyes.... tyranny? You'd rather a select few would dictate the experience of the many? That's tyranny/dictatorship. Lol!
    that's why I said Tyranny of the MAJORITY. . .not Minority.

and Yes pure democracy is Tyranny, thats middle school level civics 

People never understand that.  In Pure Democracy if you get enough people whipped up and vote homosexuality is evil they can vote to have all of them killed...that is tyranny of democracy.
    So you wanna say that democracy is a bad thing?
    Beezerbeez
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    You heard it here first: most of the content from future expansions, up to and including WotLK, will gradually be added to Classic WoW, adjusted for max. level 60.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited February 2018
    Vanchora said:
    So you wanna say that democracy is a bad thing?
    The form is less important than who's at the reigns.

Democracy can be tyrannical if the majority supports the tyranny.

On the flip side, there are also Roman Emperors who, by all historical accounts, were wise rulers and liked by the majority of their populace.