Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prime Progression Server to Launch on March 7th - Rift - MMORPG.com

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    KiwiHype said:
    KiwiHype said:
    KiwiHype said:

SBFord said:

I still think this is such an amazing idea. Kudos to Trion for seeing the need and filling it.

What am I missing here?
    Reading more than the first comment perhaps? Start from this end backwards that was a few hours ago, nothing is set in stone yet with this server because it's going to depend on population.
    And, as you've seen here, making it temporary ensures the net has just narrowed on who might play it.  Self-fulfilling prophecies ahoy!
    Que?
    They won't keep it around if it's not popular, and making it temporary prevents some folks from wanting to try it who might otherwise do so, making it less popular.
    If you really think any game can bring out any style of chocolate (Rift doesn't do vanilla) server and please everybody, you will forever be responding to every attempt in dismay. The point is this server could stay up if population warrants it.
    Again, I merely point you back over this thread to judge the most prevalent issue among our community with this little project.

Torval said:
    I wonder how many people here have played Rift for more than a year straight without interruption. I wonder how many accounts even play a single MMO dedicated for a year straight. I don't mean you login every once in a while to dink around, but are playing and progressing, say 8 hours a week or more.

I can see caring that you get to keep your character and progress, but not if the server name changes once you've moved on. Is anyone here complaining about that even playing Rift right now, full time?
    No, because the current F2P system turned me off to it.  If the end result of my time on the progression server is a dump back to the same monetization schemes I quit before because I didn't enjoy them, I don't have any interest in wasting my time developing a character in the first place.
    You mean the f2p system that had no content lock  and allowed players to play every area released, and the ability to al a carte items from xpacs instead of having to purchase the entire xpac ?

I'm ask this as gently as possible... "do you smoke crack ?"
    Yup.  I don't currently play any F2P titles.  I'm not sure I ever have played one for more than a few days.

Nope, I don't smoke crack.  You just projected some shit into my post that was easier to rebuke than what I was actually saying.

• KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    KiwiHype said:
    KiwiHype said:
    KiwiHype said:

SBFord said:

I still think this is such an amazing idea. Kudos to Trion for seeing the need and filling it.

What am I missing here?
    Reading more than the first comment perhaps? Start from this end backwards that was a few hours ago, nothing is set in stone yet with this server because it's going to depend on population.
    And, as you've seen here, making it temporary ensures the net has just narrowed on who might play it.  Self-fulfilling prophecies ahoy!
    Que?
    They won't keep it around if it's not popular, and making it temporary prevents some folks from wanting to try it who might otherwise do so, making it less popular.
    If you really think any game can bring out any style of chocolate (Rift doesn't do vanilla) server and please everybody, you will forever be responding to every attempt in dismay. The point is this server could stay up if population warrants it.
    Again, I merely point you back over this thread to judge the most prevalent issue among our community with this little project.
    I'm just not sure why you think you need to its pretty obvious this would be the case before this news even got on to this site. Nothing unnatural is occurring with current responses.
    KiwiHype said:
    I'm just not sure why you think you need to its pretty obvious this would be the case before this news even got on to this site. Nothing unnatural is occurring with current responses.
    So how does that apply to our previous discussion?  Trion should've known that making it temporary would ensure they cast a narrower net for this server?  I'm sure they did.

It's this idea that they'll use it as a test bed for how popular subs still are that's asinine.  And that's because folks that will pay a sub and dislike F2P likely will pass because they know they'll eventually have to deal with the F2P.  Someone in this very thread has already tried to make the argument that this proves that players prefer F2P.  Self-fulfilling prophecy accomplished!

KiwiHype said:
    So how does that apply to our previous discussion?  Trion should've known that making it temporary would ensure they cast a narrower net for this server?  I'm sure they did.

It's this idea that they'll use it as a test bed for how popular subs still are that's asinine.  And that's because folks that will pay a sub and dislike F2P likely will pass because they know they'll eventually have to deal with the F2P.  Someone in this very thread has already tried to make the argument that this proves that players prefer F2P.  Self-fulfilling prophecy accomplished!
    Listen you put your nose into a response that wasn't to you and have made this your personal crusade, I don't have time for that. What I do have time for is sharing CORRECT official updates. 

You can continue your adventure to railroad any responses but I'll continue evolving with how this server does and letting our community know as I do. Thank you.
    KiwiHype said:
    KiwiHype said:

Listen you put your nose into a response that wasn't to you and have made this your personal crusade, I don't have time for that. What I do have time for is sharing CORRECT official updates. 

You can continue your adventure to railroad any responses but I'll continue evolving with how this server does and letting our community know as I do. Thank you.
    Apparently you did for the past hour or so.  Got a date looming?
    [Deleted User]

KiwiHype said:
    KiwiHype said:

Its been less thna 20 minutes while I'm in queue, lets not get petty.

This server will not and is not being made to please everybody. it helps a lot when one comes to terms with this. Looking forward to Rift Prime.
    KiwiHype said:
    KiwiHype said:
    KiwiHype said:

Its been less thna 20 minutes while I'm in queue, lets not get petty.

This server will not and is not being made to please everybody. it helps a lot when one comes to terms with this. Looking forward to Rift Prime.
    Our quote chain started a lot longer ago than that, bud.  But hey, who's counting?

Torval said:
    I wonder how many people here have played Rift for more than a year straight without interruption. I wonder how many accounts even play a single MMO dedicated for a year straight. I don't mean you login every once in a while to dink around, but are playing and progressing, say 8 hours a week or more.

I can see caring that you get to keep your character and progress, but not if the server name changes once you've moved on. Is anyone here complaining about that even playing Rift right now, full time?
    No, because the current F2P system turned me off to it.  If the end result of my time on the progression server is a dump back to the same monetization schemes I quit before because I didn't enjoy them, I don't have any interest in wasting my time developing a character in the first place.
    You mean the f2p system that had no content lock  and allowed players to play every area released, and the ability to al a carte items from xpacs instead of having to purchase the entire xpac ?

I'm ask this as gently as possible... "do you smoke crack ?"
    Yup.  I don't currently play any F2P titles.  I'm not sure I ever have played one for more than a few days.

Nope, I don't smoke crack.  You just projected some shit into my post that was easier to rebuke than what I was actually saying.
    So youa re basing your opinion of factless here say and never played Rift ?
    I played it about a week, if memory serves correctly.  You're implying I somehow said that Rift's F2P system was any worse or better than any other.  I didn't.  I said I didn't enjoy their F2P system.  What, exactly, is your point?

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Without it being permanent I am not even slightly interested.  Same reason I have zero interest in the new AOC server
    Be a long Shot to see a enough people to support a sub server indefinetely. Allods Online try this before with a sub server free from p2w, and people end up going to the free to play side just much easy to deal with even if it's so p2w then paying a sub fee. Don't mean can't be done it's just so many people got burn to trust Trion even if was pure sub base no cash shop.

Let see how well Rift Prime does. I think endgame will be a big problem due to lack finding people willing to raid in filling the roles they need. Thats needs to be over come with fresh blood to keep coming in the the Prime server.
    Exactly why I think Trion are being wise not irresponsible ensuring the population/enthusiasm before giving a definite answer because it's so easy for us to just click over to free to play, especially knowing shards are now cross-able per continent. If you like collecting artifacts, camping rares, farming Rifts etc its really helpful to now be able to jump to any shard. This won't be the case on Rift Prime.

I'm curious also about endgame because I really want to raid Infernal Dawn (etc) in its original difficulty but it might not be so bad if the intention is that we are level 70 by the time this server ends.

Lots of unknowns which I find exciting! 
    Allerleirauh[Deleted User]
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited February 2018
    KiwiHype said:
    Be a long Shot to see a enough people to support a sub server indefinetely. Allods Online try this before with a sub server free from p2w, and people end up going to the free to play side just much easy to deal with even if it's so p2w then paying a sub fee. Don't mean can't be done it's just so many people got burn to trust Trion even if was pure sub base no cash shop.

Let see how well Rift Prime does. I think endgame will be a big problem due to lack finding people willing to raid in filling the roles they need. Thats needs to be over come with fresh blood to keep coming in the the Prime server.
    Exactly why I think Trion are being wise not irresponsible ensuring the population/enthusiasm before giving a definite answer because it's so easy for us to just click over to free to play, especially knowing shards are now cross-able per continent. If you like collecting artifacts, camping rares, farming Rifts etc its really helpful to now be able to jump to any shard. This won't be the case on Rift Prime.

I'm curious also about endgame because I really want to raid Infernal Dawn (etc) in its original difficulty but it might not be so bad if the intention is that we are level 70 by the time this server ends.

Lots of unknowns which I find exciting! 
    Adding more I think if this works out for them, they should rethink of going back to all the old zone updating them with a new look and feel. Like how the mobs models are even down to the npc models, spells details, and animations. They can make sure alot of the same people who did Rift Prime to come back again with a new feeling to the game, as well making Rift look a bit not so dated in some parts of the game.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited February 2018
    Ok, no EU servers but at the end we can transfer it to NA/EU thats good to hear!

KiwiHype[Deleted User]

Adding more I think if this works out for them, they should rethink of going back to all the old zone updating them with a new look and feel. Like how the mobs models are even down to the npc models, spells details, and animations. They can make sure alot of the same people who did Rift Prime to come back again with a new feeling to the game, as well making Rift look a bit not so dated in some parts of the game.

I dont think that's a good use of resources people play MMORPG's to be with others more than to see old zones revamped. A better use might be for new zones and content all together that live and prime could enjoy.
  • AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    I never played Rift when it came out, I remember it releasing but i was playing something else at the time, So seeing as i haven't got a MMORPG to play right now it seems a good time to try it.

I just don't understand how this type of server works.

Like how much time will they give people to play the content they have until they add more ?

I would like to play it  and experience it as if i was playing a new game, So i would like enough time to do content and experience it like it was a new game before they add more.  

Dilemmaa, I wanna try it. But I'm also having fun with wow and ffxiv. And for both i'm doing story content. 

Just logged in to check it out, this is tempting:

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Kefo said:
    Was excited because I loved Rift when it was first released then I remembered that Trion sucks as a company now so wont touch this with a 10 foot pole.
    I think Trion does great job as a company, they just suck running archage. Rift is an aamzing game and support has always been great for Rift.

I used to think Trion did a great job as a company but they ruined their games with loot boxes and all the other crap that comes with f2p. 
  • AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    DMKano said:

The server will be up for at least 1 year - possibly more depending on how the playerbase is after a year.

Even for a very casual player - this is IMO enough time to experience the classic content.
    I'm not casual, I just know nothing about the game. 

I have already been doing some looking around today especially at classes but don't understand much. 

I need to find a good guide, maybe i will find something on Youtube. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited February 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• nogardgibnogardgib Member UncommonPosts: 25
    edited February 2018
    Trion has announced that depending on the response, the total amount of players, etc. that the server end is a fluid outcome. There has been a discussion of the server continuing and of something like a season as other games have done.  Nothing is set in stone, however, they have to go with the statement of around a year or so end time to cover their rear end. So players have to go into it knowing that it may actually be only around a year. Then at the end, if that's the outcome you get to move your character to a live server if you wish.

With all that said, I am starting a Prime server guild to hit the ground running on launch 3/7/2018. Please check out my post here - https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/471886/prime-rift-prime-is-recruiting-active-progression-minded-members-for-launch-03-07-2018#latest 

Come join us as a raider covering all the content as it is released and hitting raids as they come or join us to run dungeons, casual adventuring, or just social gaming.
    [Deleted User]
  • marcatron12marcatron12 Member CommonPosts: 1

Warzod said:

Nope. Shutting it down and forcing people onto F2P servers killed this idea. My guild played Rift at launch and loved it. We were really excited to finally play it again until this news. No one is touching it now with a ten foot pole... available for purchase on launch day from the Trion cash shop.

Yeah, Rift had me hooked in beta. Loved it at launch, and tried desperately to love it after F2P. But that ship sailed, Guild Members left one by one after F2P... I have tried to watch the horizon and hoped beyond hope this was a solution to bring me back to the best experience of MMO playing I have had, that of RIFT.
    But I cannot do it knowing that the heart break of it ending ONCE AGAIN is inevitable. No thank you. fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...