Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any game like this exist?

badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
edited February 2018 in LFGame
 medieval sandbox  game with these features
 open world pvp
player created economy
 player formed guilds
 claim land in wilderness
 building our houses/towns in claimed land
siege/raid the enemy houses
 Active community
except life is feudal already tried that out

Comments

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Gloria Victis, everything you list, except people playing it
    forcelimapupurunrodingoAgent_Joseph
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    I think Mortal Online and Wurm Online both have what you are looking for.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Ungood said:

Wurm has combat?

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    What didn't you like about Life is Feudal?  I found it to be incredibly tedious.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Black Death / Gloria Victus / Life is Feudal .
    LOL, he knows the answer, its the 15th variant of this same thread he's created, 14 of them since Oct 2017.

Either pulling everyone's chain or.....?
    Sovrath[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Kyleran said:
    LOL, he knows the answer, its the 15th variant of this same thread he's created, 14 of them since Oct 2017.

I checked :D you're right. May be it is a 50 First Dates thing.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]Pr3sid3ntSkr00b
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,818
    edited February 2018
    cheyane said:
    Kyleran said:

I checked :D you're right. May be it is a 50 First Dates thing.
    No, it must be the Australian version of Groundhog Day except with a koala. Here we go again.... :)
    Post edited by Scot on
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
    edited February 2018
    Kyleran so you beeen trolling on all the 15 thread so atleast let the people help who wants to answer and in gloria victis it sounds good but the game got preset faction instead of player created one  and wurm already tried not even a real pvp game and life is feudal become shit lots of restrictions and limitation in pvp and i dont know why its even called a pvp game
    edited February 2018
    badermal said:
    Kyleran so you beeen trolling on all the 15 thread so atleast let the people help who wants to answer and in gloria victis it sounds good but the game got preset faction instead of player created one  and wurm already tried not even a real pvp game and life is feudal become shit lots of restrictions and limitation in pvp and i dont know why its even called a pvp game
    As "trolling" is not something I'm often accused of, I had to go back and check.

Looks as if I replied in only 5 of your 15 threads and while I often include some humor in them (sort of a trademark of mine) I actually gave you sound suggestions twice for EVE and LIF.

I also pointed out in one of your latest threads there was nothing on the horizon coming out that matched your very specific requirements. 

Your reply which I missed explained so much, though you never use it in your OPs and rarely bring it up, you brought up Shadowbane asking if I'd  heard of it.

Yes, I have, played it at launch, fun game but unstable and had some designs I didn't care for.

But I'll help you out again, same advice,  no, there are no games being made which will mirror SB.  There are some former SB Devs behind some indie efforts (Crowfall maybe?) but as far as I know no one is trying to recreate anything like it.

Darkfall New Dawn just relaunched,  the suggestion has been given before, you even created a thread about it, so now that it is out are you playing? 

Or will you continue to average two new threads a month where people respond with the same suggestions for games you keep dismissing? (Are you sure you understand the meaning of the term "trolling?")

Here's another one you can dismiss, Legends of Aria, people are having some fun with its early access, one private shard claims to be a faithful recreation of original UO pre Trammel.

But "you" will have to let go of some of your limitations and provisos, and support what is currently available. 

Or make another thread like this in two weeks, where I promise to respond, you've drawn my interest now.

After all, I am a self proclaimed "Harbinger of Failure", and it isnt always about specific games.

;)
    ConstantineMerusanemoWraithone

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    edited February 2018
    Kyleran said:
    badermal said:
    As "trolling" is not something I'm often accused of, I had to go back and check.

Looks as if I replied in only 5 of your 15 threads and while I often include some humor in them (sort of a trademark of mine) I actually gave you sound suggestions twice for EVE and LIF.

I also pointed out in one of your latest threads there was nothing on the horizon coming out that matched your very specific requirements. 

Your reply which I missed explained so much, though you never use it in your OPs and rarely bring it up, you brought up Shadowbane asking if I'd  heard of it.

Yes, I have, played it at launch, fun game but unstable and had some designs I didn't care for.

But I'll help you out again, same advice,  no, there are no games being made which will mirror SB.  There are some former SB Devs behind some indie efforts (Crowfall maybe?) but as far as I know no one is trying to recreate anything like it.

Darkfall New Dawn just relaunched,  the suggestion has been given before, you even created a thread about it, so now that it is out are you playing? 

Or will you continue to average two new threads a month where people respond with the same suggestions for games you keep dismissing? (Are you sure you understand the meaning of the term "trolling?")

Here's another one you can dismiss, Legends of Aria, people are having some fun with its early access, one private shard claims to be a faithful recreation of original UO pre Trammel.

But "you" will have to let go of some of your limitations and provisos, and support what is currently available. 

Or make another thread like this in two weeks, where I promise to respond, you've drawn my interest now.

After all, I am a self proclaimed "Harbinger of Failure", and it isnt always about specific games.

;)
    Provisos.. You don't hear that word as often as you'd like to.

;)
    Post edited by ConstantineMerus on
    Kyleran
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    Myrdynn said:
    Ungood said:

Wurm has combat?

This is why I link things.

Combat | Take the fight to a variety of legendary creatures and monsters or battle with other players and kingdoms.
    Read more at https://www.mmorpg.com/wurm-online#tz8cUwGhL6K3EaX6.99

From the MMORPG link I provided, it says it has both PvE and PvP combat.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Wurm Online looks like it was made in the 1990s......It was different but not much fun and extremely dated.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,818
    Maybe the OP can just tell us a couple of MMOs he thinks fits the bill?
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Maybe OP wants to be sure he doesn't miss anything new?
    Kyleran

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Wurm Online looks like it was made in the 1990s......It was different but not much fun and extremely dated.
    It was made in 2006, the same year WoW was released.

• badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
    ikcin yes its really hard to find that kind of game  and kyleran it is good to make new threads after few months as there many games releasing everyday we will find lots of new games releasing everyday so you will get different replies too and even there is new game coming called conquer blade and legend of aria do not have siege it does?
    badermal said:
    ikcin yes its really hard to find that kind of game  and kyleran it is good to make new threads after few months as there many games releasing everyday we will find lots of new games releasing everyday so you will get different replies too and even there is new game coming called conquer blade and legend of aria do not have siege it does?
    Speaking of games recently releasing, new zombie, survival PVP centric game just launched, Dead Maze I believe, this site is even having a promotion giving players a free nail studded bat.

I believe the game has full or partial  looting even, right up your alley.

But its not a medieval setting.....

Give it a try,  its F2P even.

;)

BTW while the  game did actually spring from no where, the game you are looking for won't. 

Every 2 months would be great to revisit, you've created 14 similar posts since Oct 2017, 5 months ago. 

You are averaging over 2 a month, the market doesn't change that much. 

Besides, you could do some research you know,  read some of the articles here and at other sites.

Then maybe you'll be able to come here and tell everyone about something new on the horizon, instead of asking.

;)

badermal said:
    It's hard.. because as we have seen from the games with such features.. nowhere near enough people will play it.

Most of the people that want to play a game like that, don't want to play with the kind of people that want to play a game like that.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Ungood said:
    badermal said:
    It's hard.. because as we have seen from the games with such features.. nowhere near enough people will play it.

Most of the people that want to play a game like that, don't want to play with the kind of people that want to play a game like that.
    That is so true the bit where you say that 'they don't want to play with the kind of people that want to play a game like that' really struck a chord with me. So many times I go to a game and then I read what the community posts and it totally turns me off or when I log in and read what the chat is like or what they are doing in the game I just log off and don't come back.... am I typical of the average player one might ask ...no idea but it is food for thought.

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    edited February 2018
    Screeps on all accounts.  

RTS at MMO scale with RPG elements to stop unlimited growth and experienced through AI programming.   (3 servers with 300 to 1000 players that you can freely travel between running 24/7)

If you cross that skill gap it's one of the most rewarding MMOs out there.  That also supports an amazing community that is absurdly helpful, and friendly considering its PVP is brutally hardcore. 

EDIT: a major win here is that everyone does the interesting building and planning parts.  Rather than there needing to 30 F1 donkeys to one 'decider'.

Post edited by anemo on

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    anemo said:
    Screeps on all accounts.  

RTS at MMO scale with RPG elements to stop unlimited growth and experienced through AI programming.   (3 servers with 300 to 1000 players that you can freely travel between running 24/7)

If you cross that skill gap it's one of the most rewarding MMOs out there.  That also supports an amazing community that is absurdly helpful, and friendly considering its PVP is brutally hardcore. 

EDIT: a major win here is that everyone does the interesting building and planning parts.  Rather than there needing to 30 F1 donkeys to one 'decider'.

But you need to know how to program right?
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    edited February 2018
    anemo said:
    Screeps on all accounts.  

But you need to know how to program right?
    Pretty much.   The devs don't recommend going in blind.

There have been a small handful that can talk about having done so.   But they're an exception (that normally have done something programming like, like using contactor logic/ladder logic on their day job).   

Personally I think someone who has put 10 to 20 hours in learning the formal logic behind programming or 20 to 40 something just goofing around with it (even if it's using plain markup to make web pages look right)...   Will be able to have tons of fun with logic that isn't perfect, use hard coded values too often, and similar (I know I've done similarly and have done well).

EDIT:  You can look at the simulator and tutorial without needing to log in,  there won't even be registration nags to do so. 
    Kyleran

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• DeadflagDeadflag Member UncommonPosts: 27
    This is EXACTLY  like Mystera Legacy. 

Http://www.mysteralegacy.com

Can also play on the go with android.  Or on PC.
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    Darkfall New Dawn just came out last month and I have been having lots of fun with it... they made quite a few changes. Should be active for at least another year but now is the time to start playing since its a PVP game.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA