Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online - Dragon Bones Thoughts & Impressions - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageElder Scrolls Online - Dragon Bones Thoughts & Impressions - MMORPG.com

Dragon’s Bones has been out for a little over a week now in Elder Scrolls Online, and it’s been an exciting adventure so far. One of the biggest things that came out of this DLC was the “Base” patch: Update 17. This brings a lot of new and exciting changes to the game that are welcomed and some are just… Meh.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    I do like the new advisors as I despise making builds. Too tedious. There is no fun for me in making builds. I'd like to see more builds added to it for others who also feel the same.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Sovrath said:
    I do like the new advisors as I despise making builds. Too tedious. There is no fun for me in making builds. I'd like to see more builds added to it for others who also feel the same.
    Yeah I knew that about you just like I know that many new players struggle with it as I see on daily basis on the ESO official forums with the never ending questions about how to build a proper "x."

I'm with Josh on getting a lot of enjoyment out of the do it myself, trial and error way of building. But I also recognize that this was something that was lacking in ESO for a significant number of the players who have been wanting some guidance for a long time.

It's an option I can ignore but it's better for the game as a whole than having no option at all.
    BillMurphySovrathSaunZ
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I haven't even purchased Dragon Bones yet. I'm still working on Thieves Den and dark Brotherhood. So much to do... :-)
    tannim78infomatz

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

I haven't even purchased Dragon Bones yet. I'm still working on Thieves Den and dark Brotherhood. So much to do... :-)
    I hate the Thieves and DB content because I hate getting bounties. It's mot like I can't afford them with my 4+ mil gold plus at least that much in unsold mats lol... it's the principle of the thing :)

The purchasable part of the Dragon Bones is just 2 new dungeons. You're not missing much by not having it.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    I think the leveling rewards are great...Definitely a good Alt building addition..
    josko9
  • PhaedruslivesPhaedruslives Member UncommonPosts: 122
    Still not a ton of options for non-magic tanking. Hopefully someday they'll figure out not everybody want to do the generic resource swapping builds.
    Iselin said:
    Sovrath said:
    Yeah I knew that about you just like I know that many new players struggle with it as I see on daily basis on the ESO official forums with the never ending questions about how to build a proper "x."

I'm with Josh on getting a lot of enjoyment out of the do it myself, trial and error way of building. But I also recognize that this was something that was lacking in ESO for a significant number of the players who have been wanting some guidance for a long time.

It's an option I can ignore but it's better for the game as a whole than having no option at all.
    Yeah, for example, for the first time I've actually been able to play my templar with better success. It's not quite how I would want to play it but it is a lot better.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I really wish the overhauled magic in the game and make it like Skyrim where you can freely shoot/spray/charge magic spells on either hand at will instead of just using a two handed staff.

I would be all over this game again if this happened.
    BruceYee

• Micro_CutsMicro_Cuts Member UncommonPosts: 38
    the Outfit system is overpriced af.
    Alomarpantarojosko9
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    edited February 2018
    I really wish the overhauled magic in the game and make it like Skyrim where you can freely shoot/spray/charge magic spells on either hand at will instead of just using a two handed staff.

same can be said for alot of games.. this whole "magic users have to wield a staff" is boring. it's pretty much why i always play melee classes since atleast then you have some options.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917

Sovrath said:

Advisors are necessary for folks who are new to mmo's entirely.

I like the idea of getting a great reward at the end.

The only spells that require a staff are the ones from the staff skill line. Any class specific, guild, world or PVP spells can be cast with any weapon equipped or no weapon at all even.

In reality in ESO everyone is a mage of one type or another, Weapons just add flavor. The reason you want staves with magicka builds or melee weapons and bows with stamina builds has more to do with min/maxing weapon and weapon skill damage based on which of the two stats, magicka or stamina, you chose to build around.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

Yeah being restricted to staff as magicka dps bums me out sometimes. I wish they'd add a magicka melee wep or even another ranged for variety. Wouldn't mind another stam ranged weapon as well.
  • Deadrites87Deadrites87 Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Still waiting on a combat revamp. It feels so clunky.
    josko9borghive49

Sovrath said:

Advisors are necessary for folks who are new to mmo's entirely.

I like the idea of getting a great reward at the end.
    True but I've been playing since lineage 2 launched. I have to say that's probably why I like the Asian games best, they don't seem to have a lot of "build" decisions. They have a class, you can do some tweaking, but in the end you have to master what they have. That's more my speed. Figuring out which skills at which levels and which armor and OH then there's food, and blah blah blah.

Chaserz

• LordTravelerLordTraveler Member CommonPosts: 2
    My 4483 Hours of Play in ESO....This was an awsome game but now it its filled with overpriced crown store items, Vegas style RNG loot boxes, numerous game breaking bugs, Bot trains, exploits a plenty, and continous broken patches. The last patch was so broken that it enabled people in Imperial City to get 2million exp points per kill. Intead of taking down the server immediatly or giving a warning they chose to Ban the people that were in Imperial City for 2 weeks. There are numerous Utube videos that show the Bot Trains farming in zones for 2 years. Even videos of players trolling the Bot trains by pulling mobs onto them to interrupt the bots....ZOS is completly inept at and enforcing a stable anti bot anti exploiting game play. The amount of bugs have increased with each "Bug Fixing Patch". They have had terrible LAG in the Cyrodiil PVP Zone for over 3 years now such as weapon swaping, using abilities, and rubber banding issues. All the while solving nothing but adding an ever increasing amount of Crown store items and more buggy DLCs. I can now see the writing on the wall for ESO. This kinda of neglect and a completly useless response from ZOS is the same thing you see in all MMORPgs that fail to address thier problems and end up with a mass Exodus resulting in the end of the game. I would not recommend anyone waste money or time playing this buggy mess...they will not fix it...they are not capable of fixing the game but rather they can only try to suck more $ out of this ever increasing buggy pile of garbage.
    kinkyJalepenojosko9Reyone1
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I love all the dlc but at the same time most of the dungeons that come with thth are out of my pug league. 

Wish they were more in line with the base game dungeons. 
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    I'm that guy that's seriously put off by the lack of a central AH... I hate the system this game uses.
    josko9
  • aCi11i3saCi11i3s Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Loot box console garbage
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041

same can be said for alot of games.. this whole "magic users have to wield a staff" is boring. it's pretty much why i always play melee classes since atleast then you have some options.
    Well, in theory that should be easy. Casters can use a tome, relic, wand, staff, orb or scepter for instance, just staffs is a design choice, a boring one.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    hallucigenocide
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer