Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Human Male Brawler to Enter the Game in Counterpunch Update - TERA - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageHuman Male Brawler to Enter the Game in Counterpunch Update - TERA - MMORPG.com

TERA News - En Masse Entertainment has announced that the human male Brawler will be blasting his way into TERA with the Counterpunch update on March 13th. He joins the human female Brawler for "equal-opportunity ass-kicking". In addition to the male Brawler, players will also find a re-tuned normal and hard mode Ruinous Manor dungeon will make a comeback and the new battlegrounds leaderboard will be deployed.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,170
    Very nice.I still love how responsive the combat is in this game is except for the combat animation lock everything else about combat is wonderful
    [Deleted User]
    Garrus Signature
  • sycogenesissycogenesis Member UncommonPosts: 86
    wow isn't this their first male new class all they've ever done is female classes
  • Whiteshade92Whiteshade92 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    lol anyone still play tera?
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I play every now and then. They have the best combat in an MMO I have ever experienced and the gunner class is very fun to play.
    NinnghizhiddaPowerless
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,903
    edited February 2018
    Tera releasing a new male class? Guys, you probably need to discipline the employee that posted your April 1st article early.
    Kumapon
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    When the highlight of your update is a male option for a class that's been out for about a year.....sad days....Granted brawler is fun, its still sad that Tera has come down to this.
    hallucigenocide
    Albatroes said:
    When the highlight of your update is a male option for a class that's been out for about a year.....sad days....Granted brawler is fun, its still sad that Tera has come down to this.
    In fairness, this is actually pretty interesting to me. Pugilists/monks are one of my favorite class archetypes, and I have no interest in playing a female one in an MMO.

Allowing people to play the character that they want to roleplay as - aesthetically and functionally - is core to the RPG experience, at least when we're talking about games with character creation.
  • MuktukMuktuk Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Gorwe said:
    Brawlers should go to Amani, seriously wtf. Do they even pay attention to their lore or do they make decisions solely by the numbers?
    Just be glad it isn't a shemale Elin.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Aeander said:
    Albatroes said:
    In fairness, this is actually pretty interesting to me. Pugilists/monks are one of my favorite class archetypes, and I have no interest in playing a female one in an MMO.

Allowing people to play the character that they want to roleplay as - aesthetically and functionally - is core to the RPG experience, at least when we're talking about games with character creation.
    Yeah, the class itself is very well designed and almost made me want to main it when I first went through the game with it. Its just the fact that a lot of those newer classes are the same way. They have more fluidity than the older classes but are half-arsed executed by gender/race locking them. I mean, I'd love a male gunner or if you're gonna go this route at least let the next "class" be a male gunslinger to counter the female gunner.
    Gorwe said:
    Aeander said:
    Albatroes said:

Yeah, but what about "lesser" races, such as Baraka, Amani and Popori? Because, right now, I'm 100% certain Devs treat them as second rate citizens. When was the last time you saw anything about them? When did you SEE them on ANY KIND of promo material?

You know...
    I agree with you. But when dealing with a developer as stingy as this one, take the small victories and hope for more. It sucks, granted. My favorite TERA race is Baraka.
    Gorwe