Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Survival game advice

giffy689giffy689 Member UncommonPosts: 66
What is a good survival game that is currently available to play?

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Space Engineers
    Medieval Engineers

7 Days to Die

Imperium Galactic Survival

The Forest

Subnautica

Life is Feudal

Stranded Deep

StarMade

Another Brick in the Mall

Wurm Unlimited

giffy689d_20

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    edited August 2017
    There are way too many right now.

Pick one, maybe one close to release or already out ( a few are I think ) and you'll basically be playing the same game.

Gather x resource, craft with x resource, eat food, build shelter, kill monsters/wild life.

It literally has little to no variation. The only real variation in terms of this for me has been The Long Dark, which actually has a freaking story.
    giffy689
    edited August 2017

Pick one, maybe one close to release or already out ( a few are I think ) and you'll basically be playing the same game.

Gather x resource, craft with x resource, eat food, build shelter, kill monsters/wild life.

It literally has little to no variation. The only real variation in terms of this for me has been The Long Dark, which actually has a freaking story.

Fantasy MMO is EXTREEMLY more redundant and 'same over and over again' by a MILE then Survial games... holy blax

SubNatutica vs 7 Days to Die is A LOT more different then WoW to EQ2 could ever remotely dream of being...

SEANMCAD said:

Fantasy MMO is EXTREEMLY more redundant and 'same over and over again' by a MILE then Survial games... holy blax

SubNatutica vs 7 Days to Die is A LOT more different then WoW to EQ2 could ever remotely dream of being...

That wasn't the argument?

He wanted a survival game. I said the market is oversaturated with them. They are basically the same thing. 

Explore, craft, gather, kill. One or two have variants with a story but it's usually early access and not published at all.

Heck, even the most popular one ( Ark ) is unpolished still. 

It's not MMO vs survival, it's survival against it's own repetitive nature that devs seem to stick to with no deviations. 
    giffy689
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    SEANMCAD said:

Going to go ahead and disagree with you here...partially, I think (well know actually) that both genres are far too similar with regards to different titles. Trying to say one is more diverse than the other, is well, not a good idea.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

edited August 2017
    Hatefull said:
    SEANMCAD said:

Going to go ahead and disagree with you here...partially, I think (well know actually) that both genres are far too similar with regards to different titles. Trying to say one is more diverse than the other, is well, not a good idea.
    Its rather obviously not the case

1. Wow vs Eq2
    2. 7 days to die vs Subanutica

Wow vs EQ2 is EXTREEMLY similar by comparision to number 2. more over to be completely frank, what you can do in 7DTD is more than what you can do in either WoW or EQ2

more over, even ArcheAge is more like EQ2 then 7DTD is like Stranded Deep

that is fairly obvious 

SEANMCAD said:
    Hatefull said:
    SEANMCAD said:

1. Wow vs Eq2

Wow vs EQ2 is EXTREEMLY similar by comparision to number 2. more over to be completely frank, what you can do in 7DTD is more than what you can do in either WoW or EQ2

that is fairly obvious 
    I think you're confusing your opinion with fact - also it had nothing to do with the original post. 
    edited August 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    Hatefull said:
    SEANMCAD said:

1. Wow vs Eq2

that is fairly obvious 
    I think you're confusing your opinion with fact - also it had nothing to do with the original post. 
    no I am not, its not an opinon

and please read my signature before you start
    MrMelGibsoncameltosis

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Hatefull said:
    SEANMCAD said:

1. Wow vs Eq2

that is fairly obvious 
    no I am not, its not an opinon

and please read my signature before you start
    The topic was survival games. Please don't derail the thread with discussion about fantasy MMOs.

Back to the topic:

Near Death is now on Steam sale for 5€. I'd recommend it at that price: 
      http://store.steampowered.com/app/327560/Near_Death/

Vrika said:

The topic was survival games. Please don't derail the thread with discussion about fantasy MMOs.

Back to the topic:

Near Death is now on Steam sale for 5€. I'd recommend it at that price: 
      http://store.steampowered.com/app/327560/Near_Death/

I dont understand what your saying. you are participating in the very thing you consider to be derailing. 

why would you do that?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    SEANMCAD said:

1. Wow vs Eq2

that is fairly obvious 
    Then again, Wow Vs Eve or EQ Vs UO are rather different from eachother.

Both Wow and EQ2 were made by people who loved EQ and wanted to make an improved version and comparing them against 2 games without that connection makes little sense.

Not that I really disagree that most MMOs are far too similar or anything and that making the statement that survival games are too similar as a MMORPG fan is like throwing rock when you live in a house made of glass...

But your comparission is as unfair as saying all survival games are too similar.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    edited August 2017
    Just buy The Long Dark. Released yesterday. Story mode is awesome so far.

Its much less of a cookie in the realm of cookie-cutter survival games.
    KyleranMrMelGibson

edited August 2017
    Loke666 said:
    SEANMCAD said:

1. Wow vs Eq2

that is fairly obvious 
    Then again, Wow Vs Eve or EQ Vs UO are rather different from eachother.

Both Wow and EQ2 were made by people who loved EQ and wanted to make an improved version and comparing them against 2 games without that connection makes little sense.

Not that I really disagree that most MMOs are far too similar or anything and that making the statement that survival games are too similar as a MMORPG fan is like throwing rock when you live in a house made of glass...

But your comparission is as unfair as saying all survival games are too similar.
    and when you take the entire bucket of both in my eyes MMOS are EXTREEEMLY less variable then survial games.

ArcheAge, Wow, EQ2, ESO the list goes on and on and on and not only are the game mechanics in those games extreemly similar they are actually rather limited in variety within the games themselves when compared to survial titles. In fact, that is just game mechanics, that is not even touching game genre. ALL fantasty..ALL of them nearly 100%

• HeyYouVideoGameHeyYouVideoGame Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Nextday Survival is very simple, but for $10 it's been fun to play. 
  • FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Ark: Survival Evolved is pretty good, there is also Conan Exiles, currently in early access.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    I'm waiting for Life is Feudal MMO, it's a mix of survival with a larger-scale PvP MP meant for guild play.
    ConstantineMerus
  • StrikeboyStrikeboy Member CommonPosts: 28
    read your surrounding first before taking actions. Also keep your items in check
  • cowy123cowy123 Member CommonPosts: 1
    i would like to recommend "don't starve together" not a very complicated and serious game, suitable if you are a casual player i love their concept and game design tho :hushed:
    [Deleted User]
  • Jamesw30Jamesw30 Member CommonPosts: 10
    resident evil biohazard is amazing
  • GasTheFanzGasTheFanz Member CommonPosts: 1
    Theres a new Survival hybrid, Sci-Fi, FPS Shooter with customized mech building, base building, crafting, 3 faction warfare PvP and PvE in kickstarter now, titled Pantropy! You guys have got to check it out! www.playpantropy.com and visit their steam forums!