Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nvidia Shield TV (2017): Move Over, Steam Link - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageNvidia Shield TV (2017): Move Over, Steam Link - MMORPG.com

So you’ve decided to cut the cord. What do you do now? For our money, we’d go out and buy a Nvidia Shield TV and waste no time doing it. This little box not only gives you access to your favorite streaming services but also the entire Android ecosystem.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    Mine was nothing but a disappointment. First, the remote was a complete lemon, didn't function correctly at all until it just died a month after purchase.

Second, the plex server infrastructure was terrible. It was constantly causing issues with the OS overall and the amount of resources it took practically meant that if you wanted it to be a plex server, that's all it could ever do period.

I completely disagree with this review. Mine was a nightmare.
  • TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342
    edited February 2018
    My TV has DLNA (For all media) and Steam link (10 bucks!) handles all my games: Emulators, Ubi, Steam, Origin, GoG,... Even android if I'd care... but why would I go for that lesser gaming experience when I already have access to EA and Ubi games? :>
    meonthissite
  • hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    I love my shield, it's the best tech pruchase i ever made.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    My Xbox One S has me covered for media.

4k Blue Ray Player, Can 4K stream Apps like Netflix and YouTube, access to the Microsoft store for apps like Plex, DLNA Media server, HDMI input for media sticks or over the air antenna.
    [Deleted User]
  • StraibanStraiban Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Most modern TVs can already handle 4K streaming and basic PLEX capabilities. So that leaves gaming. I at least play PC games on my 32 inch PC screen and console games on my larger TV screen. I have difficulties imagining situations where I'd actually rely on yet another external device like the Shield.
  • corvascorvas Member UncommonPosts: 151
    glad i have a new 4k samsung TV with a free Steam Link App, only problems i have is that i cant play games with a controller so i never play on the TV, too much used to a mouse and keyboard i think and my 3 monitor setup screws up the resolution on the TV aswell, so need to switch resolution on my PC everytime i want to play on the TV
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• DarkEvilHatredDarkEvilHatred Member UncommonPosts: 229
    I have owned the Nvidia Shield TV for quite some time now and a Samsung 55" 4K HDR TV. I love my Nvidia shield. I can play/stream games up to 4K resolution to my TV and I love using Plex to watch all my favorite downloaded movies. Plex on the Nvidia Shield is so much more stable and reliable than straight through the app on my TV! Not to mention being able to buy some different games for it or even some of my Steam games I purchased also allow me to use them on the Shield. Definitely a great purchase.

I also recently bought the Xbox One X a few weeks ago so the Shield and my PC have been getting some much needed rest.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    They should go back to making tablets. Mine works great even though it's been discontinued last year.