Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless - How Bless Aims to Be A Realm Reborn - MMORPG.com

124»

Comments

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

I'd sort of written this game off as just another generic asian MMO. 

But, having seen this interview, they specifically say they'll have horizontal progression at endgame! That one feature alone makes the game worth some of my time to investigate. Horizontal progression is, in my opinion, the future of MMORPGs so I'm very happy to see it being implemented, especially in an asian MMO where the culture loves massive vertical progression. 

Here's hoping it's not F2P....or action combat.....or full of androgynous men......or jailbait......

This game looks like a far, far, FAR less polished Guild Wars 2. It even looks like it plays a kin to GW2, except it has a bigger focus on individual skills, where as GW2 has a bigger focus on your gear set and traits define your playstyle.

And horizontal progression isn't all it's crack up to be. The average gamer wants to see their character grow stronger and stronger. Gear treadmills give that experience easily, with increases to level caps and item levels, i.e. FF14. GW2 has a horizontal progression system. With the last two expansions, the cap lvl stayed at 80, and gear level haven't moved any higher than Ascended gear, which was first added back in 2013. More gear sets(stats and attributes) have been added, build diversity is always growing, but what I've notice is alot of people find this approach boring. People want to see they character grown, not sit stagnant.

There's also a lot of people who are smart enough to see that all that does is introduce power creep and move goal posts.

It also helps invalidate content and necessitates a break-neck development cycle.
  • anthonyw.grayanthonyw.gray Member UncommonPosts: 24
    edited February 2018

I'd sort of written this game off as just another generic asian MMO. 

But, having seen this interview, they specifically say they'll have horizontal progression at endgame! That one feature alone makes the game worth some of my time to investigate. Horizontal progression is, in my opinion, the future of MMORPGs so I'm very happy to see it being implemented, especially in an asian MMO where the culture loves massive vertical progression. 

Here's hoping it's not F2P....or action combat.....or full of androgynous men......or jailbait......

This game looks like a far, far, FAR less polished Guild Wars 2. It even looks like it plays a kin to GW2, except it has a bigger focus on individual skills, where as GW2 has a bigger focus on your gear set and traits define your playstyle.

And horizontal progression isn't all it's crack up to be. The average gamer wants to see their character grow stronger and stronger. Gear treadmills give that experience easily, with increases to level caps and item levels, i.e. FF14. GW2 has a horizontal progression system. With the last two expansions, the cap lvl stayed at 80, and gear level haven't moved any higher than Ascended gear, which was first added back in 2013. More gear sets(stats and attributes) have been added, build diversity is always growing, but what I've notice is alot of people find this approach boring. People want to see they character grown, not sit stagnant.

There's also a lot of people who are smart enough to see that all that does is introduce power creep and move goal posts.

It also helps invalidate content and necessitates a break-neck development cycle.
    True. Both systems have about the same amount of flaws. The power creep in FF14 is surreal at times, to the point of not needing to even do the mechanics for alot of the older content, even some of the newer content. If it ain't new, it's a faceroll.