Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vermintide 2 Looks Like It’s Going to be Chaos - The RPG Files - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageVermintide 2 Looks Like It’s Going to be Chaos - The RPG Files - MMORPG.com

The Warhammer Universe is difficult to describe in just a few words. It is a massive, sprawling beast that encompasses gods, men, and monsters. It has seen kingdoms rise and worlds descend into chaos, but I am not here to talk of these momentous moments. Instead, I got a taste of Vermintide 2, the tale of five warriors and their personal battles against the encroaching darkness.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

I love the first game and already plan to buy this one. Great fun

Next beta is in a day or two, I forget.
    [Deleted User]
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited February 2018
    I'm tempted to give it a try, but is it really a left 4 dead style of game? I was gonna try it with a friend, but I read you do the same couple of maps over and over to get better loot. 

I love the warhammer universe so I'd like to play a decent non strategy game based on the lore (Despite me an orc boy hence the username heh).
    [Deleted User]

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    I know its gender locked, but you got to wear a brazier on your head and play a bonkers wizard. Class :)
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Played the first.  The type of game that's best played with a group of folks you know and can communicate with.

Hope they expand the scope a bit.  Vermintide got repetitive, even with friends.  The expanded classes give me hope.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Gorwe said:

Scot said:

I know its gender locked, but you got to wear a brazier on your head and play a bonkers wizard. Class :)

Wear a brazier? You mean Thalfang right? Because otherwise, that's her fair on fire, not some magical brazier. Which I've problem with because if we were true to lore, her hair should start behaving like fire only when she overheats.

She chooses to wear this, straight out of the "Mad Mage" catalogue :)

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Never played the first but ill be picking this one up
    I'm a sucker for anything with a loot grind/drop. Game looks fun
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    thunderC said:
    Never played the first but ill be picking this one up
    I'm a sucker for anything with a loot grind/drop. Game looks fun
    If you're a fan of Warhammer lore, it won't disappoint in that regard.  It's a great conversion of the Left 4 Dead philosophy into a fantasy lore setting.
    JeffSpicoli

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    edited February 2018
    I wish they would make Third Person an option. Melee is horrible First Person. It's why Destiny puts you in 3rd person for their super attacks.

I was really looking forward to the first one, but couldn't' get into it because it's a FPM game.
    BruceYeecheyaneYashaXAeander[Deleted User]
  • CanibalolerCanibaloler Member UncommonPosts: 136
    I was expecting this one to be more.. massive than 4 players co-op :(
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited February 2018
    Gorwe said:
    I wish they would make Third Person an option. Melee is horrible First Person. It's why Destiny puts you in 3rd person for their super attacks.

I was really looking forward to the first one, but couldn't' get into it because it's a FPM game.
    Just google Vermintide Quality of Life mod.
    Thank you so much I can now buy this game Related image. I wish they would do this for Destiny and Kingdom Come Deliverance and also that game that got panned so badly for saying they had multiplayer  the developer something Sean I think.
    Gorwe
    Chamber of Chains
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    I preordered this a while ago when it first got announced. First one was fun, only issue I had was couldn't get my friends to try it even though they like similar titles.
  • xanthmetisxanthmetis Member UncommonPosts: 141

Gorwe said:

cheyane said:

Gorwe said:

Thank you so much I can now buy this game Related image. I wish they would do this for Destiny and Kingdom Come Deliverance and also that game that got panned so badly for saying they had multiplayer  the developer something Sean I think.

You are quite welcome. It is obviously on me to do what GW doesn't want to do. SHOW. HOW. AWESOME. WARHAMMER. FANTASY. IS! And welcome everyone.

To that extent, I'd redesign Norsca and some other areas. Perhaps even the Kurgan(fascinating, if completely morbid culture ; needs more nuance). Choices are NEVER bad. If anyone, followers of Chaos like those two would understand it.

Enjoy Vermintide! Oh, and you can freely customize how you want your third person to look.

Thank you so much Gorwe. First person mode gives me a headache. Was the only reason I was thinking of not getting the game... Now I for sure am... Silly question but this mode will work for the new game coming out?
  • kujiikujii Member UncommonPosts: 190
    I have been playing this since the open. It’s pretty fun. Some groups get defeated and others go through it pretty easy. I got in a match along with 3 bots for the 1st time last night. The bots were as good as good human players. They stuck close to me and rez’d other downed bots quickly. They killed Stangulars quickly that tried to drag me off. They used potions wisely. We had no trouble defeating the match where you start off in the woods. I finished the level carrying a tome and didn’t have to use a heal pot. They guarded me well when I had to do the alignment at the end. The damage output of the bots was very comparable to mine. I could take my time and not pull 6 mobs like most human groups do. Great job with the bots and a fun game.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Gorwe said:

Gorwe said:

cheyane said:

Gorwe said:

You are quite welcome. It is obviously on me to do what GW doesn't want to do. SHOW. HOW. AWESOME. WARHAMMER. FANTASY. IS! And welcome everyone.

To that extent, I'd redesign Norsca and some other areas. Perhaps even the Kurgan(fascinating, if completely morbid culture ; needs more nuance). Choices are NEVER bad. If anyone, followers of Chaos like those two would understand it.

Enjoy Vermintide! Oh, and you can freely customize how you want your third person to look.

Thank you so much Gorwe. First person mode gives me a headache. Was the only reason I was thinking of not getting the game... Now I for sure am... Silly question but this mode will work for the new game coming out?
    Not immediately. But seeing how it uses the same, but modified(mostly for optimization sake) engine and that it uses "fairly similar data structure"(iirc what I've been told)...perhaps 3 months tops before it appears in VT 2 too. Oh and Fatshark works hard on mod support for both games, so there's that as well.
    I love that you gave a time frame. I am so impatient for everything. I know that right now I am playing 4 games but still I'm like I want this right now. What a dunce! I love the whole Warhammer franchise since I played Dawn of War.
    Chamber of Chains
  • xanthmetisxanthmetis Member UncommonPosts: 141

Gorwe said:

Gorwe said:

cheyane said:

Gorwe said:

Not immediately. But seeing how it uses the same, but modified(mostly for optimization sake) engine and that it uses "fairly similar data structure"(iirc what I've been told)...perhaps 3 months tops before it appears in VT 2 too. Oh and Fatshark works hard on mod support for both games, so there's that as well.

I appreciate your help and information. Thank you very help :))