Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Could it be?!! Draenor Orcs (allied race) coming to the Alliance?!!

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
edited February 2018 in World of Warcraft
As saurfang don't like the ways of Sylavans.. Will he take the draenor orcs to the Alliance as many already speculated?

Draenor Orcs Allied Race (Heritage Armor & Mount) | Battle for Azeroth "Ion Hazzikostas confirmed in the last Q&A that Draenor Orcs will be an Allied Race in Battle for Azeroth" Alpha footage / This is subject to changes

Comments

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    whats next? 

Leper Gomes led by Thermaplugg for Horde?

BruceYee
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    sayuu said:
    whats next? 

Agreed. I think that Allied Races are fine, but I honestly don't think there should be counterparts for every race on each side. That really strips away the faction identity.
    hallucigenocidelaserit[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Pretty much any other race "could" work...

But the Orcs.... that would rub so many the wrong way. Especially as there is no opposite iconic race to port over to Horde that is not there already. 

Heck the roots grow out of Orcs vs Humans... It will cause a mob of rarely seen size, it will make what Bungle did to Destiny seem like a fart in space. 

This have been a good conversation

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited February 2018
    SBFord said:
    sayuu said:
    whats next? 

Agreed. I think that Allied Races are fine, but I honestly don't think there should be counterparts for every race on each side. That really strips away the faction identity.
    Yeh orcs are a proud race but it feels weird to have them in the Alliance. But who knows, maybe Saurfang brings them to the alliance.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    That is stupid as not having goblins for the alliance

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Nyctelios said:
    Well... the lore to support it was always there.
    Coming to Azeroth, perhaps, but not to the Alliance. Besides, what sort of power does Saurfang have over Draenor orcs? That's right: Zero. They have their own leaders and structure. Besides, Christie Golden has explicitly said that much of the datamined text is either incorrect or incomplete so we don't know that Saurfang is taken in by the Boy Wonder. In fact, he even says that he's buying time for the Horde players to escape by going to talk with Anduin. Saurfang, despite any disagreements with the current warchief would never betray the Horde. Allies are always quick to point out "honor" -- his "honor" would never allow him to betray the faction he has given his life to serve. His son proudly served the Horde and died for its cause as well. But you see? That's what makes Horde so much more interesting than the Alliance: They are allowed to disagree and have issues with one another. The Alliance never is and it's a shame. Internal conflict keeps things lively and fun for the player.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    edited February 2018
    if anything Saurfang would challenge the She-Elf for leadership.

And the Alliance has had plenty of internal conflict, it's just, unlike the Horde, they had capable leadership under Wrynn so problems were dealt with in a timely manner.

Unlike the Horde where weak leadership lead to tyrants like Garrosh and now Sylvanas 
    BruceYee
    With Blizzards penchant of sliding a race in where it was unexpected, there is a good chance that it might be possible that the Draenor Orcs will join the Alliance, which would be compelling political story and intrigue if handled correctly. They spurn their alternate universe brothers ideologies, or refuse to follow the Banshee Queen, etc. Perhaps it would be a situation similar to the Nightfallen, maybe they were in discussions to join the Horde, however misrepresentation on the part of Sylvanas and Gallywix proved to be too damning and they turned to Alduin, who is much more sincere and honest, rarely holding back ulterior motives and it shows.

WoW lore has it's issues, but it also is rich enough to actually allow for a more nuanced complexity than just racial hegemony per faction, having already seen either neutral or legitimaly opposing faction groups working for another faction.

Nyctelios said:
    SBFord said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Well... the lore to support it was always there.
    Coming to Azeroth, perhaps, but not to the Alliance. Besides, what sort of power does Saurfang have over Draenor orcs? That's right: Zero. They have their own leaders and structure. Besides, Christie Golden has explicitly said that much of the datamined text is either incorrect or incomplete so we don't know that Saurfang is taken in by the Boy Wonder. In fact, he even says that he's buying time for the Horde players to escape by going to talk with Anduin. Saurfang, despite any disagreements with the current warchief would never betray the Horde. Allies are always quick to point out "honor" -- his "honor" would never allow him to betray the faction he has given his life to serve. His son proudly served the Horde and died for its cause as well. But you see? That's what makes Horde so much more interesting than the Alliance: They are allowed to disagree and have issues with one another. The Alliance never is and it's a shame. Internal conflict keeps things lively and fun for the player.
    In Draenor they were already split because of everything that happened. That's my point. There is a past reason for avoiding the horde. The horde invaded another world after they shat on theirs, keep that in mind ;)
    Then why join the Alliance? They too invaded another world after they shat on their own. ;)

Frankly, if I was a Draenor Orc or Draenei, I'd stay put and let Azeroth burn. Technically too, the Dark Portal to alt-universe Draenor was destroyed so, at least in theory, there's no way for them to get here anyway....though that never stops Blizz, eh? :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Outland orcs: Horde (Eitrigg) 

Draenor orcs: Alliance (saurfang)

Would be something haha

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    this is just wrong imo.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

The only good Orc is a dead Orc ;)
    Sovrath

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• EyrothathEyrothath Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I honestly do not understand why there are factions at this point, they should just  get rid of them entirely.. Revamp old content so that it doesn't overlap with the new content (it does already) and on a open PVP server just make it so you can betray your own faction (become an enemy) by killing your own race while you become friendly with another.. Orc kills orc, reputation with Stormwind increases.. Blizzard has no idea how many times I have wanted to kill annoying little kids of my own faction and I would gladly become banished from the Horde in order to do so.. There should be endless quests at some point as well kinda like battlegrounds but for PVE.. (for faction gain/to switch sides) Blizzard seems to only cater to Veterans who only raid and do PVP apparently..
    BruceYee
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    Blizzard will be introducing many many more allied races.  They will be as common as pet collecting soon enough.  Imagine all the factions you will get to grind just to unlock them... and all the subscription fees you will pay.

Players wanted something to do in game... well here you go... new races gated behind rep grinds! 

Let's see, for Tauren alone you could have Grimtotem, Bloodhoof, Dawnstrider, Mistrunner, Thunderhorn, Wildmane, Winterhoof, Stonehoof, Skychaser, Runetotem, and Highmountain.  

That's a lot of Tauren!

BruceYee
  • VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Maybe with all the new races, especially those that don't quite fit anywhere, make a 3rd faction!
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    Eyrothath said:
    I honestly do not understand why there are factions at this point, they should just  get rid of them entirely.. Revamp old content so that it doesn't overlap with the new content (it does already) and on a open PVP server just make it so you can betray your own faction (become an enemy) by killing your own race while you become friendly with another.. Orc kills orc, reputation with Stormwind increases.. Blizzard has no idea how many times I have wanted to kill annoying little kids of my own faction and I would gladly become banished from the Horde in order to do so.. There should be endless quests at some point as well kinda like battlegrounds but for PVE.. (for faction gain/to switch sides) Blizzard seems to only cater to Veterans who only raid and do PVP apparently..
    it's what the whole franchise is about.. if you take it away all you've got is boring basic fantasy tropes garbage.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366
    Not to derail the thread but Drag I really like the pic in your signature.  Did you draw it?
    Beyorn said:
    Not to derail the thread but Drag I really like the pic in your signature.  Did you draw it?
    It was posted by the WoWKR community team. It's a fanart piece by a Korean artist.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366
    Very nice ;D