Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The horde don't want Sylvanas!

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    So if you're a Forsaken who holds onto that human identity, it might not be a purely positive thing. You might resent Sylvanas because she's essentially a carpetbagger. Lordaeron should be ruled by a human, not some elf of Quel'thalas.

So that's where we come to the Desolate Council. (forsaken are actually taking a stand against Sylvanas)

But to a lot of Forsaken, I imagine the goal was just to be able to live out what extra time they had and then slowly fade away. They don't want to force this existence on others or live perpetually in this half-life.

Sylvanas has basically made the decision for countless people that they will live on, whether they like it or not. But even though most people are generally in favor of, you know, staying alive, this flies in the face of the one thing that defines the Forsaken: Free Will.

Literally, the difference between Scourge zombies and Forsaken undead is that the latter have a choice in how they act. They don't have to attack the living, spread undeath, and serve some powerful overlord. The problem with how Sylvanas has been running things is that she has basically created a culture in which people do those things anyway, with her as the stand-in for the Lich King.

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    I always thought Sylvanas was awesome. About time she led the Horde. Time to die, Alliance.
    ZenJelly
    I always thought Sylvanas was awesome. About time she led the Horde. Time to die, Alliance.
    Why can't we be friends?? If Tirion and Eitrigg could, so can we. Just cause some wicked lady rules doesnt mean you don't got a free will. 

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited February 2018
    Dragnelus said:
    Why can't we be friends?? If Tirion and Eitrigg could, so can we. Just cause some wicked lady rules doesnt mean you don't got a free will. 
    It is called World of WARcraft, you know. Every warchief has led its people in war. Sylvanas is the latest in a long line of leaders, not the first.

Most players were drawn into the game for faction conflict. What's the point of two groups (or in some MMOs' cases, 3+) without conflict. Every game out there has it. WIthout the faction conflict, there is no game.  Players wouldn't want to take part in World of Kumbaya unless they're a male human paladin. :D

And for the record, it doesn't start because of Azerite, it begins because of Greymane's hurt feefees :(

hallucigenocide

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

edited February 2018
    SBFord said:
    Dragnelus said:
    It is called World of WARcraft, you know. Every warchief has led its people in war. Sylvanas is the latest in a long line of leaders, not the first.

Most players were drawn into the game for faction conflict. What's the point of two groups (or in some MMOs' cases, 3+) without conflict. Every game out there has it. WIthout the faction conflict, there is no game.  Players wouldn't want to take part in World of Kumbaya unless they're a male human paladin. :D

And for the record, it doesn't start because of Azerite, it begins because of Greymane's hurt feefees :(

But as for Sylvanas, you will see it in BFA. 

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    I find it odd that she is forcing the very thing that was forced upon her. Justifying it does not lessen it from being repugnant.
    DragnelusSBFordZenJelly
    Chamber of Chains
    edited February 2018
    cheyane said:
    I find it odd that she is forcing the very thing that was forced upon her. Justifying it does not lessen it from being repugnant.
    Yup :(

The newly risen either accept to serve the Banshee Queen, kill themselves on the spot, or run away and turn into Mindless Zombie.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Aradne

Here you see her in action:

https://giant.gfycat.com/BrokenSmugDogfish.webm

Post edited by Dragnelus on

• alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    SBFord said:
    Exactly. So saying that somehow her actions to him are "dishonorable" is applying the filter of your faction or your racial background to what is being done. Honor has no place on the battlefield. I'd rather have a pragmatic leader who understands the fight at hand and who makes intelligent decisions based on the current situation, not on what is honorable. The Horde has always done whatever it takes to survive even at the cost of inner conflict. That makes them so much more interesting than the human-dominated "for the Light" kumbaya sameness of the Alliance.

I'd love to see Allies have moral conundrums or questions about Manduin's ability to "lead" them. Night Elves are an ancient society with thousands of years of combat and battle behind them. I don't for one minute believe they'd put up with the boy wonder being the military strategist for the entire faction. Humans are, sadly, very Mary Sue. I wish better writing, more inner conflict for them to keep things interesting. 
    Dont worry, Sylvanas will drop nice t-mogs. 

Also, how twisted logic somebody need to use to justify threatening somebody with raising him as a mindless undead? In whos world this action has any honor?

Sylvanas, at this point, is LK with boobies. 
    SBFord said:
    Dragnelus said:

Yeah, because raiding neutral kingdom, killing civilians, plague bombing entire area to make it unhabitable for ANYONE, killing only heir to the throne is "hurt feefees". 

But go ahead, show more mental gymnastics. 
    Dragnelus
    How Sylvanas became warchief:

"I have never trusted you... But the spirits told me to so I'm making you warchief." *dies*

Whispers in ear: Spirits are actually old Gods?

She made a pact with helya (you know that evil vrykul godess of the underworld) and essentially wants to take Eyir's power for herself, then force her and her Val'kyr into slavery/submission

Eyir is sworn to Odyn (and I guess you could say the warrior hero) and is helping us fight the legion, and her Val'kyr are the only reason the Valarjar can exist. So what she is doing is very bad:

Dragnelus said:
    How Sylvanas became warchief:

"I have never trusted you... But the spirits told me to so I'm making you warchief." *dies*

Whispers in ear: Spirits are actually old Gods?

She made a pact with helya (you know that evil vrykul godess of the underworld) and essentially wants to take Eyir's power for herself, then force her and her Val'kyr into slavery/submission

Eyir is sworn to Odyn (and I guess you could say the warrior hero) and is helping us fight the legion, and her Val'kyr are the only reason the Valarjar can exist. So what she is doing is very bad:

No no no. You see she is doing morally correct choice because Eyir is selfish and should give all the power to the Sylvanas for free. After all, Sylvanas is only doing that for hear meatsh...i meant people. This is right thing to do, after all spreading more and more undead unto the world is good because she is sooooo caring. 

You need to go back to the New Horde reeducation center. 
    ZenJelly
    edited February 2018
    aliven said:
    SBFord said:
    Dragnelus said:

Yeah, because raiding neutral kingdom, killing civilians, plague bombing entire area to make it unhabitable for ANYONE, killing only heir to the throne is "hurt feefees". 

Boy way to not have a sense of humor. *hint hint nudge nudge* The video is a parody to try to lighten up the mood in this thread. LOL!

This is a game, you know. ;)

But in the interest of the roleplay here: "Good! Let your hate consume you.I'm behind a warchief that doesn't treat the Alliance like anything other than the dogs they are." 
    Dragnelus

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:
    aliven said:
    SBFord said:
    Dragnelus said:

Boy way to not have a sense of humor. *hint hint nudge nudge* The video is a parody to try to lighten up the mood in this thread. LOL!

This is a game, you know. ;)
    I didnt watch video, focused on what was written. 

But you are right. Topic is taken way to seriously. 
    SBFord
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430

Suzie, you wrote, "Most players were drawn into the game for faction conflict."  How do you know this is true?  I came to WoW back in 8/2005 because I saw an advertisement for it on TV (I can't remember the show - but it was about gaming) and was drawn to it for the huge virtual world.  I could care less about the faction conflict.  Perhaps most players joined for reasons we don't know without a way to cite the facts?

Suzie, you wrote, "Most players were drawn into the game for faction conflict."  How do you know this is true?  I came to WoW back in 8/2005 because I saw an advertisement for it on TV (I can't remember the show - but it was about gaming) and was drawn to it for the huge virtual world.  I could care less about the faction conflict.  Perhaps most players joined for reasons we don't know without a way to cite the facts?
    Well....the entire game is based on faction conflict, isn't it? There is no game without two factions so "all getting along" destroys the game. Add in arenas, battlegrounds, PvP servers, open world PvP and blue/red names and you see what I'm driving at. 

So in the interest of not losing the forest for the trees, yes, you're right. Many players are drawn in by the faction conflict. Some are even brought in to play in a big virtual world that just happens to have opposing factions at war with one another. ;)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I think at this point that Sylvanus is a troll, not an undead high elf.  No matter how many arguments are made against her and her actions, anyone that wants to get you riled up is just gonna post comments about how great she is.  Here's a good example:
    You're not going to convince anyone to change their mind.  Hardcore Sylvanus fans are going to remain hardcore Sylvanus fans.  This is Blizzard's story, and there's nothing we can do about it.

I think at this point that Sylvanus is a troll, not an undead high elf.  No matter how many arguments are made against her and her actions, anyone that wants to get you riled up is just gonna post comments about how great she is.  Here's a good example:
    You're not going to convince anyone to change their mind.  Hardcore Sylvanus fans are going to remain hardcore Sylvanus fans.  This is Blizzard's story, and there's nothing we can do about it.

And vice-versa for the haters, yeah? :)
    ZenJelly

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I imagine this at night with a dimlight in bed playing this song:

With the frame:

KalebGraysonpantaroNepheth

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    Calling it here, Sylvanas will be Garrosh 2.0

Because blizzard just rehashing old stuff at this point. . .
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Now speaking of unhinged people in a position of power.... Why has not someone just given Genn Greymane a "vacation" to some far off retreat where he can work through his issues. 

The sack of denial he carries could fit an old god. 

Especially his hate-boner for Sylvanas over Varian... Nothing in the green sky of the legion would have saved Varian there... That man had a deathwish and he was seeking it. 

Sure dead elf girl is way more unhinged... But of the major leadership on the Alliance side... .. . It aint looking good.

Genn is coco for cocopuffs.
    Velen is well... done for. 
    the council of hammers is a civil war waiting to happen
    Anduin is greener than a pair of common boots 
    Nobody cares about gnomes
    and the Nelf leadership has pretty much been a looooooooong string of heartache and grief... Also they do not really give a flying funk about the Alliance if it can be avoided. 

The Horde at least have good leadership in general. 
    SBFord[Deleted User]TsiyaNepheth

This have been a good conversation

edited February 2018
    sayuu said:
    Calling it here, Sylvanas will be Garrosh 2.0

Because blizzard just rehashing old stuff at this point. . .
    Boring, isn't it? I hope this isn't the case. With Bwamsandi making an appearance and the fact that Blizz has said that Vol'Jin's story isn't over, it's possible that we won't see that boring trope repeated -- at least this expansion. I have never believed that Sylvanas would stay Warchief over the long haul simply because that doesn't fit who she is. I think she'd gladly hand the reins back to Vol'Jin if we as Horde players can strike a deal with Bwamsandi to either return him to life fully who he was or as a Loa.
    Tsiya

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Never had much respect for ole Sylvie even as the leader of undead, let alone entire horde.
    I was going to suggest maybe we do a poll and see if folks actually care about the faction conflict, but we're just the smallest infinitesimal fraction of the player base here.  I remember seeing them push the For the Horde and For the Alliance stuff at the beginning of many Blizzcon's and I always thought it was forced.  It feels forced now too.  I wonder if Blizzard WOULD do a poll?  I wonder what the results would be?  Do people really care about factions?  We have paid transfers.  The best of the best raiders in the world are mostly Horde, but it's for racials I think, not love for the Horde, right.  It doesn't matter really and I doubt Blizzard would take the chance of finding out.  I mean really, what if they polled all their players and the prevailing theme was that players didn't care?  Maybe change the name of the game?  The Comic, Anduin, Son of the Wolf, indicates that Anduin is going to live a long time, many years, and will lead the Light into the Last Battle with the void.  I wonder if there is a Horde at that point or if they have been absorbed to that Army of the Light?
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    Dragnelus said:
    I imagine this at night with a dimlight in bed playing this song:

With the frame:

i laughed so hard out loud damn you lmao
    Dragnelus
    Torval said:
    tawess said:
    Now speaking of unhinged people in a position of power.... Why has not someone just given Genn Greymane a "vacation" to some far off retreat where he can work through his issues. 

The sack of denial he carries could fit an old god. 

Especially his hate-boner for Sylvanas over Varian... Nothing in the green sky of the legion would have saved Varian there... That man had a deathwish and he was seeking it. 

Sure dead elf girl is way more unhinged... But of the major leadership on the Alliance side... .. . It aint looking good.

Genn is coco for cocopuffs.
    Velen is well... done for. 
    the council of hammers is a civil war waiting to happen
    Anduin is greener than a pair of common boots 
    Nobody cares about gnomes
    and the Nelf leadership has pretty much been a looooooooong string of heartache and grief... Also they do not really give a flying funk about the Alliance if it can be avoided. 

The Horde at least have good leadership in general. 
    And nobody cares about gnomes. That pretty much sums up the entire game right there. Gnomes need some serious love. It's not right as a gnome when I've revered with Ironforge and barely scratching honored for Gnomeregan.

Genn Graymane is a wack job. I'm also surprised Worgen are in the alliance at all the way they're treated. I think Blizz just wanted to give the alliance an edgy race so they shoehorned them in there. They really belong with the horde.

I love gnomes, they always give me nice quests with awesome invents.

Worgen:

So here's the rundown on Worgen. There's essentially two kinds. One is a race from another planet or dimension. By all accounts, they are evil and bloodthirsty. They can be summoned to our world, and at least two people have done it: Velinde Starsong and the Archmage Arugal.

The artifact Velinde Starsong used to summon them, which she dubbed the Scythe of Elune, is currently missing after having been lost by her in Duskwood. It may have popped up again in Grizzly Hills, but that cannot be confirmed for certain, and either way, it is lost again.

The other group of Worgen are the Worgen Shape shifters, Humans who have been afflicted by the Worgen Curse formulated by Arugal. These Humans are taken by bloodlust when transformed, serving their dark master sometimes against their human will. 

Playable Worgen are the latter. Cured of their mindlessness, but left with the ability to shift into Worgen, the people of Gilneas now join the Alliance to honor old ties and band together for survival. But did their years of slavery to the bloodthirst of the Worgen change them in ways that go more than skin deep? Only time will tell.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://www.engadget.com/2009/08/23/know-your-lore-world-of-warcraft-cataclysm-worgen/&gws_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=r1SMWqjPGoTVgAbW6q44