Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For Donors ..

IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
I have 2 questions : 

1) How much did you donated/pledged to SC as of now?

2) If someone will create a KS campaign for say , a Hospital anywhere in the world , or .. 5 schools, would you donate the exact same amount you donated for SC?

I am not trying to be the "good , wise guy" here. I am just trying to understand the difference between "Making good" vs (your personal) Entertainment. 

I know , we need daily entertainment in our life , while "making good" is .. more or less something which .. we don't necessary "depend" on that. 

Also , do keep in mind that this "SC Entertainment" is ..additional in your .. daily entertainment needs. Is not something you depend on that. 

PS: In fact, I would really want to see this. Someone creating a KS campaign for say 1 school in X country(s) and calling out all SC donors to see how much would they donate.

PS2: Being honest in your 1) & 2) answers will be .. appreciated !

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

Babuinix

Comments

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    1) non of your biznit.

2) no.

Much appreciated :) 

!Next ?

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

• DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Lol what kind of question is that... you can play that game with any donation made to anything.

Do you go around chasing people passing money to beggers and ask them if they going to give the same amount to some other type of donation...

You going to ask the same question of every crowdfunded game? or just got an axe to grind for one i wonder haha.
    AethaerynMaxBaconBabuinix
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited February 2018
    1) one account, one ship (a Constellation) .. 250 $ ... plus a voluntary contribution of 10 $/month (community subscriber , financing the "Jump Point" magazine and the v-blogs)

2) I donate about 10  times more to charity than to game projects  (all crowdfunding game projects combined) e.g. "Menschen für Menschen" (=help for Ethiopia) , Médecins Sans Frontières, Licht für die Welt, AI etc.

Have fun 

PS:
    Would i donate to the above mentioned "Hospital Kickstarter" ? No. I chose carefully whom i give my money to. And Joe Random Internet and his "great new project" does not make the cut. 
    [Deleted User]WalkinGlennlaxieAethaeryn
  • 03cobradude03cobradude Member UncommonPosts: 47
    $1200 dollars like a boss and this fits nicely here, a scene from "The History of The World Part II" https://youtu.be/YU6ebNd9v-w
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    This is supposed to be a F2P title and the proverbial "carrot on a stick". Sometimes I think they keep it in continuous production to stretch out the money they are making selling a dream since they know they will lose some money after it launches.

If and when it launches I may play it, depending on how bug free, balanced, and content rich it is. If it ends up being an empty shell with nothing to do like it is currently while under development I will pass.
    MadFrenchie
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Erillion said:
    1) one account, one ship (a Constellation) .. 250 $ ... plus a voluntary contribution of 10 $/month (community subscriber , financing the "Jump Point" magazine and the v-blogs)

2) I donate about 10  times more to charity than to game projects  (all crowdfunding game projects combined) e.g. "Menschen für Menschen" (=help for Ethiopia) , Médecins Sans Frontières, Licht für die Welt, AI etc.

Have fun 

PS:
    Would i donate to the above mentioned "Hospital Kickstarter" ? No. I chose carefully whom i give my money to. And Joe Random Internet and his "great new project" does not make the cut. 
    Much respect for your  Médecins Sans Frontières support.   While I'm not rolling in  dough, I try to donate when I can.   

As far as the OP topic, don't see that it's got much in the way of legs.   

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Erillion said:

Have fun 

PS:
    Much respect for your  Médecins Sans Frontières support.   While I'm not rolling in  dough, I try to donate when I can.   

I don't know, it made me think about how much money I spend on gaming. If I could go back in time and not spend that $50 or so on that P2W cash grab mobile game Braveheart: Dark Moon and give it to charity instead, I'd gladly do so.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Tiller said:
    This is supposed to be a F2P title and the proverbial "carrot on a stick". Sometimes I think they keep it in continuous production to stretch out the money they are making selling a dream since they know they will lose some money after it launches.

If and when it launches I may play it, depending on how bug free, balanced, and content rich it is. If it ends up being an empty shell with nothing to do like it is currently while under development I will pass.
    I never thought it was free to play. . There are costs for Squadron 41 and the persistent world are there not?  Both are buy to play with ships as an option?

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    MrSyn said:
    Lol what kind of question is that... you can play that game with any donation made to anything.

Do you go around chasing people passing money to beggers and ask them if they going to give the same amount to some other type of donation...

You going to ask the same question of every crowdfunded game? or just got an axe to grind for one i wonder haha.

..no! Just SC! haha...

PS: Gtfo

Erillion said:

Have fun 

PS:
    Much love for the donations.

PS at your PS: That was a simple exemple to be "in-line" with your beloved game. The idea was "Making good" vs (your personal) Entertainment , on the same level.

$1200 dollars like a boss and this fits nicely here, a scene from "The History of The World Part II" https://youtu.be/YU6ebNd9v-w
    Good "Boss" ..

Erillion said:

Have fun 

PS:

I don't know, it made me think about how much money I spend on gaming. If I could go back in time and not spend that $50 or so on that P2W cash grab mobile game Braveheart: Dark Moon and give it to charity instead, I'd gladly do so.
    Well , kinda exactly my point. I too have "donated" some few hundreds $ to pathetic F2P games ( PC and Mobile ) , while this money could of been used for far better things. 

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    edited February 2018
    IceAge said:
    I have 2 questions : 

1) How much did you donated/pledged to SC as of now?

2) If someone will create a KS campaign for say , a Hospital anywhere in the world , or .. 5 schools, would you donate the exact same amount you donated for SC?

I am not trying to be the "good , wise guy" here. I am just trying to understand the difference between "Making good" vs (your personal) Entertainment. 

I know , we need daily entertainment in our life , while "making good" is .. more or less something which .. we don't necessary "depend" on that. 

Also , do keep in mind that this "SC Entertainment" is ..additional in your .. daily entertainment needs. Is not something you depend on that. 

PS: In fact, I would really want to see this. Someone creating a KS campaign for say 1 school in X country(s) and calling out all SC donors to see how much would they donate.

PS2: Being honest in your 1) & 2) answers will be .. appreciated !

Difference here is it was not a donation, it was an investment. I invested $60, which I expect a product in return. I have easily donated more than that to causes.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited February 2018
    I've donated several times what I've spent on SC, or on pretty much what I would spend in any game. I wouldn't on 2), there are already many legit and proper organizations to donate to stand any support you could look for that I wouldn't consider throwing money at a random KS with such intents.

Also, do not compare donations to a charity with pledging to SC, you are expecting a finished product in return for your pledge and you get early access to that product on the moment you pledge, this is not about donations and it is ridiculous to state it as such.

It's like asking "What if we started a KS to build a school and asked the MMORPG.com community to see how much they would donate to it.", they are not expecting a product in return mister, don't expect them to donate to it like they were buying something for themselves.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on