Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possibility of MMOs that were shut down returning?

MurmaiderMurmaider Member UncommonPosts: 123
This could be interesting:

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/369947-star-wars-galaxies-city-heroes-return-new-copyright-law-passes

Would any of you return to an old MMO that was shut down if given the chance?

Comments

• samooryesordsamooryesord Member UncommonPosts: 98
    if CoH was updated, then yes. I would drop everything.
  • Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Asheron's Call. 
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Have found memories of CoH, I would back it's comeback just for the nostalgia factor alone!
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Based on what that says only Archivists could bring back servers (so people working at museums and such) so if it actually ever ended up being brought back up, it would only be done so to provide ability to play again no updates or bug fixes or content would ever be released, plus I don't know whether or not they would allow people to play on said servers either, if they were for historical purposes. Unless for some reason that archivist had coding skills or the want to bring it back and give the resources to teams for updates. 
    AlBQuirky
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    ... it would only be done so to provide ability to play again no updates or bug fixes or content would ever be released, plus I don't know whether or not they would allow people to play on said servers either, if they were for historical purposes.
    Can't say how's this over there in the States, but here you can play them, there are frequent exhibitions, open days, etc. Also, as an online game, it only makes sense if they allow players to log in remotely, because there's no space to set up even just a dozen stations in a LAN dedicated to a single game, when it doesn't present the game itself, being a ghost town due to the dozen players exclusively.

That's why the publishers rallied against it united, if those games would go up they would lure away played hours from the active games. (loved the term "surviving titles", pretty accurate :smiley: ) Not to mention it is still their IP.

For the question, Auto Assault for me. Would be a great candidate for a museum piece, it is long gone, no competitor since (probably not much opposition), no need for updates of bugfixes (it was a solid game, with plenty of content anyways), and it's Ncsoft's IP - and let's face it, Nc can go and f.ck themselves :smiley:
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I would play Darkfall UW again.  I prefer it to the original.
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    I would certainly be tempted if SWG was rebooted, as long as it was pre-cu. 

Auto Assault is something I'd like to try. I bought it back in the day without paying attention so I thought it was just a modern day carmageddon! Tried it for a few days but I was at a time in my life where I didn't want to play an MMO so really didn't get into it at all. But, looking back I'd like to try it again. 
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I want City of Heroes and Villains back so much. I miss my toons there Image result for cry emote
    Chamber of Chains
  • ServingSizeServingSize Member CommonPosts: 14
    Murmaider said:
    This could be interesting:

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/369947-star-wars-galaxies-city-heroes-return-new-copyright-law-passes

Would any of you return to an old MMO that was shut down if given the chance?

Yes, i mean if i played the game before why not, its like what im doing right now im playing "Return of Warrior" which is a revived game from its old name "Risk Your Life".

Though there is only a little bit of problem, having the game shutdown for years, private servers already got the players of the game and because of what a private server can give to the players only a few loyal official server players returns :( sadly
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Would like to see a relaunch of Vanguard.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    edited February 2018
    Depends on SWG state. I left after the combat upgrade to play WoW. If they relaunch it with that patch patched then we'll just experience a lame Deja Vu. 

Would be interesting if this happebs when classic WoW launches. Losing to the same WoW twice.

- WoW (vanilla) is killing us.
    - Maybe we need a combat upgrade!
    - What a great idea Dr. Alzheimer, when were you 15 years ago when WoW had us crushed?
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung