Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Swamp in Battle for Azeroth (look at the water reflection)

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
Feels like wow looks better and better every expansion.

https://giant.gfycat.com/WarlikePleasantHawk.webm

JamesGoblinGorweKyleranjosko9rojoArcueid

Comments

• cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    The water sure is pretty. I just wish the poly count target wasn't designed for 15 years ago. It would be cool if they did a graphics overhaul on the engine, but even better if they did a WoW 2.
    JamesGoblin
  • fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314
    cjmarsh said:
    The water sure is pretty. I just wish the poly count target wasn't designed for 15 years ago. It would be cool if they did a graphics overhaul on the engine, but even better if they did a WoW 2.
    Personally I'd like to see a MMO using the SC2 universe. A 3 faction MMO would be sweet.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    cjmarsh said:
    Like this?

I don't get the WoW feeling in this tho :(
    Viterzgir

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Dragnelus said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't care about graphics at all in an mmo, But this looks like a cartoon with nice water !!
    Kyleran
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Gorwe said:
    Dragnelus said:

It looks so out of place. Don't get me wrong, it IS BEAUTIFUL, but there's just something jarring when character models like WoW's are placed next to such water. It creates an UNCANNY VALLEY. Nice, but not good.
    Not to mention the Automan mount turning.
    edited February 2018
    Dragnelus said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't care about graphics at all in an mmo, But this looks like a cartoon with nice water !!
    Imo thats the characteristic of WoW. And I love it.

Edit: Or did you ment the water look out of place?:P

Its alpha, I saw they got a dx12 option but grey.

Testing out sweetfx, not bad?

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Dragnelus said:
    Testing out sweetfx, not bad?

Do a before and after, looks good though
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

JeffSpicoliKyleranjosko9

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    wow that looks amazing, I never considered sweet fx for wow.
    Dragnelus
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    It always makes me want to boot up and play WoW again any time I see screenshots. Maybe I'll buy a sub again. 
    [Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    edited February 2018
    There isn't anything much less important to me for a developer to waste money on than water effects, well, except perhaps sound tracks, as I turn all in game music off on day 1.

Lazarus71

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    thunderC said:
    Funny, thing, I couldn't even tell the differences in the before and after shots until I blew them up and switched back and forth between them several times.

The "improvement" is marginal IMO, and of no importance.

Get back to making better game play.

:)
    delete5230

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited February 2018
    Kyleran said:
    thunderC said:
    Funny, thing, I couldn't even tell the differences in the before and after shots until I blew them up and switched back and forth between them several times.

The "improvement" is marginal IMO, and of no importance.

Get back to making better game play.

:)
    You will def notice it. You play it on a decent sized screen not a mobile sized :)

Edit: Its something the player can do with reshade , not something blizz created.

• josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    If these water reflections look impressive to you, then you probably haven't played any other game in the past 20yrs.

As for the SweetFX, the difference is barely noticeable. WoW is enough "bright" as it is, SweetFX doesn't do much for it.

It's really getting ridiculous how people keep saying WoW is getting better with each expansion, and then they end up listing graphic enhancements that look more than 10yrs outdated even when you compare it with the other games in the MMO genre. Hell even the character model upgrade that WoW had years ago, while a huge upgrade over the previous version, is still very much outdated. Just because previous character models looked like they were done in 2000, doesn't make it any more impressive just because they look now like 2004-06. 

By this rate, WoW will need till 2030 to "improve" to the point where most MMOs were already years ago. Thank the chinese players and their crappy PCs, or Blizzard would have released WoW2 already.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    josko9 said:
    If these water reflections look impressive to you, then you probably haven't played any other game in the past 20yrs.

As for the SweetFX, the difference is barely noticeable. WoW is enough "bright" as it is, SweetFX doesn't do much for it.

It's really getting ridiculous how people keep saying WoW is getting better with each expansion, and then they end up listing graphic enhancements that look more than 10yrs outdated even when you compare it with the other games in the MMO genre. Hell even the character model upgrade that WoW had years ago, while a huge upgrade over the previous version, is still very much outdated. Just because previous character models looked like they were done in 2000, doesn't make it any more impressive just because they look now like 2004-06. 

By this rate, WoW will need till 2030 to "improve" to the point where most MMOs were already years ago. Thank the chinese players and their crappy PCs, or Blizzard would have released WoW2 already.
    I think you need to pay closer attention to those discussions before you answer with rants like this.

Everything you pointed out is better in WoW today than it was in WoW 10 years ago. THAT is the comparison being made by most people when they say WoW is getting better and better with each expansion.

Nobody is saying WoW's visuals, character models and water reflections are getting better than Black Desert, FFXIV, etc...
    Dragnelus

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Without any doubt what so ever,the game has come a long way.However and i have said this forever,the game released looking BAD.IMO there was no reason to play Wow over EQ2 NONE at all,it was simply hype and marketing and Blizzard had several big name streamers that also helped market blizzard as a whole.

My point is WHY,why did people support the game in a half assed state that lasted several years?Then i see so many talking about vanilla Wow,it is the EXACT same game design,only difference is vanilla looked worse.
    Even still,i would be more concerned for my character than the water reflections.Wow characters still look bad,the color is 8 bit,i don't even like half the gear.The game STILL many years lacks housing and the ability to craft housing items.

So yeah,improved,looks better,still imo a sub par game.I would still play EQ2 and /or FFXI over Wow any day of the year because i like creativity,depth in combat and class design.If i want hand holding EQ2 is tops,if i want no hand holding FFXI is pretty much the only good choice.

If i step back and look at the mmorpg's i consider to be sub par on release,GW2 is winning out over Wow,their recent mount ideas are really cool,i would enjoy those in any game,i can'tr say Blizzard is doing anything for the game that says hmm cool,i want that.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Wizardry said:
    Without any doubt what so ever,the game has come a long way.However and i have said this forever,the game released looking BAD.IMO there was no reason to play Wow over EQ2 NONE at all,it was simply hype and marketing and Blizzard had several big name streamers that also helped market blizzard as a whole.

My point is WHY,why did people support the game in a half assed state that lasted several years?Then i see so many talking about vanilla Wow,it is the EXACT same game design,only difference is vanilla looked worse.
    Even still,i would be more concerned for my character than the water reflections.Wow characters still look bad,the color is 8 bit,i don't even like half the gear.The game STILL many years lacks housing and the ability to craft housing items.

So yeah,improved,looks better,still imo a sub par game.I would still play EQ2 and /or FFXI over Wow any day of the year because i like creativity,depth in combat and class design.If i want hand holding EQ2 is tops,if i want no hand holding FFXI is pretty much the only good choice.

If i step back and look at the mmorpg's i consider to be sub par on release,GW2 is winning out over Wow,their recent mount ideas are really cool,i would enjoy those in any game,i can'tr say Blizzard is doing anything for the game that says hmm cool,i want that.

As much as I love FFXI and still do, FFXI is hand holding in a big way now. Yes I still play it.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    Dragnelus said:
    cjmarsh said:
    Like this?

I don't get the WoW feeling in this tho :(
    well it's not stylized like Blizzard would do
    Youtube wont show it how it really feels ingame but here goes:

Its just a bit of tuning adiptivesharpen, cartoon, clarity, curves, highpasssharp, finesharp.

I like it and some wont like it, matter of taste. Sharpen or blurry.