Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kingdom Come Deliverance, too good to be true ?

124»

Comments

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    The comments here make me want to play it. But ill hold off for now untii lose my shirt playing entropia.

Cryomatrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Tamanous said:
    This is where multiple monitors and VR comes in. Locked in 1st person view on one screen drives me bonkers. It's like living life with blinders on. Excellent surround sound slightly helps but not enough to emulate 1st person in real life.

As someone who grew up in sports and has excellent 360° awareness, it's like being blinded in one eye playing these games.

Game looks cool though.
    You could try adjusting the FOV settings, but I get what you're saying.  It's an inherent flaw with FPS games currently.  I will say the KC:D does a great job of ensuring your head isn't swaying crazily during fights and riding horse.  They have a pretty good handle on ensuring it feels responsive while not preventing you from being able to maintain your situational awareness as best is possible in an FPS.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Shaigh said:

You can also overeat, which makes you sluggish until you have a chance to digest the meal.

Lol .. do you have to go to the bathroom too? And if you do, do you have to stock up on toilet paper too?
    Toilet paper is a modern invention
    so do they simulate the smell and you will die of embarrassingly bad smell if you don't bath in a river after going to the bathroom? Or is embarrassment a modern invention too?
    Actually, if you don't wash off characters will notice how dirty you are and it will affect their opinion of you.

I've collected a full suit of chainmail, and now many peasants refer to me as "Sir Knight," despite me not being one.  The game measures your level of visibility, noise, and conspicuousness based upon your current surroundings and the clothing you're wearing.  Black clothing and a hood will hide you at night, but make you very conspicuous during the day standing in town.

lol .. so how you have to take virtual bath. I suppose that is fun for someone. That itself is funny :)
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Shaigh said:

You can also overeat, which makes you sluggish until you have a chance to digest the meal.

Lol .. do you have to go to the bathroom too? And if you do, do you have to stock up on toilet paper too?
    so do they simulate the smell and you will die of embarrassingly bad smell if you don't bath in a river after going to the bathroom? Or is embarrassment a modern invention too?
    Actually, if you don't wash off characters will notice how dirty you are and it will affect their opinion of you.

I've collected a full suit of chainmail, and now many peasants refer to me as "Sir Knight," despite me not being one.  The game measures your level of visibility, noise, and conspicuousness based upon your current surroundings and the clothing you're wearing.  Black clothing and a hood will hide you at night, but make you very conspicuous during the day standing in town.

lol .. so how you have to take virtual bath. I suppose that is fun for someone. That itself is funny :)
    Yup.  There's no cutscene for it, the screen goes dark, some time passes, and it loads you back in washed and with clean clothing.

It goes for more realism in other areas, too.  If a bandit isn't wearing head armor, my stabbing him in the head will do devastating damage to him.  Most bandits will try to surrender if you injure them, at which point you can choose from a few options of what you want to do with them.  Walking "into" your opponent will enter a grapple mode, locking weapons until one of you gets the upper hand.  Swinging at a shielded opponent on the side opposite of his shield has a better chance of landing, etc, etc..
    YashaX

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Shaigh said:

Its not really as boring/tedious as it sounds. Its fairly "gamey", for example the bath is just going to an npc and asking for a bath, like you might get a room to sleep in or food to eat in other games. 

The cool thing is how your appearance impacts npc interactions. As I kill people I get more and more blood on my clothes, and that can make me more intimidating to certain npcs. Or if I want to stealth better I wear black clothes- its not just the "type" (leather/metal, etc) that is important like in some games.

I actually went into the game expecting it to be more of a hardcore life simulator from the reviews/previews I had read, but (thankfully) it still abstracts enough of real life tedium away to be a fun game.
    GruugAsm0deusAlBQuirky
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Shaigh said:

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited February 2018
    Is this game like Skyrim, where you can ignore the main quest and live in the world? Have a house, live in it and act like a peasant if you want to? Like Skyrim and Ultima 7? is there a living breathing atmosphere to the game with life doing their thing in the game world?

or is this more like witcher 3 (which is what I read pre-release this was most similar to), where you are pretty much forced to follow main quest, do side quests or don't do sidequests, beat the game and then its over?
    MaxBacon

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Real life: 
    The player has a lean 24/7 to do all the essentials. Tedious and boring, others don't want or care to see this. 

Movies: 
    Players do this but it's cut from the movie to show only importance in two hours.  

Video games:  
    Should be like movies.  Show only importance. 

I'm only interested in the style of combat.... Not worth a purchase to do all the essentials.  In fact I need to take a shower right now..... DO YOU CARE ?
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Is this game like Skyrim, where you can ignore the main quest and live in the world? Have a house, live in it and act like a peasant if you want to? Like Skyrim and Ultima 7? is there a living breathing atmosphere to the game with life doing their thing in the game world?

or is this more like witcher 3 (which is what I read pre-release this was most similar to), where you are pretty much forced to follow main quest, do side quests or don't do sidequests, beat the game and then its over?
    Its kind of hard to answer that because I don't view Skyrim or the Witcher 3 in the terms you described.

You can definitely "act like a peasant" if you want to, complete with the dirty clothes, washing yourself from watering troughs, and getting talked to like you are a peasant from everyone. Or you could try to make a living by stealing stuff, hunting, killing bandits (bring back their ears for some coin), etc.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited February 2018
    YashaX said:

Its kind of hard to answer that because I don't view Skyrim or the Witcher 3 in the terms you described.

You can definitely "act like a peasant" if you want to, complete with the dirty clothes, washing yourself from watering troughs, and getting talked to like you are a peasant from everyone. Or you could try to make a living by stealing stuff, hunting, killing bandits (bring back their ears for some coin), etc.

Well, cause Skyrim I have over 5k hours played and never did the main quest at all. 1000 or so of that was actually with no mods at all, pure vanilla. Though if you don't count me restarting once due to my save corrupting (without mods lol), probably closer to 400 or so. 

And 5k hours I never touched the main quest except to activate the dragons (or sometimes I never even did that depending on my character). Still never beat the main quest lol.

The rest of the time (in regards to vanilla, ignoring my modded version)... I collected stuff, did sidequests, explored, decorated my home and RPed the hell out of it.

In ultima 7 it was even better because I could be a farmer, and go into town to sell my produce. And that was how I made most of my living. I would also watch other NPCs have their daily routine. One NPC I followed from this homeless camp, and he begged on the city street, went to the inn and got drunk...almost every night... except one day a "week" he would go to the temple to pray.

I like RPGs like that. Where you can actually "live" in the world and the NPCs feel very alive. hence my skyrim and ultima 7 example. Very different than witcher 3 where you can't even decorate a house, let alone get a house at all and you have to do quests...witcher 3 you can't be a simple farmer and sell your produce and it didn't have a very "living" AI feel to it like Skyrim and Ultima 7 does.

its why I like MMOs so much despite being mostly a solo player. Almost all MMOs you can actually "live" in the game world. Many you can even be a simple farmer. And while AI doesnt tend to be great, other players make MMOs feel very lively. But singleplayer RPGs are rarely like that.

Hence why I asked if it was more like I described above, or if it was more like witcher 3. Cause if its how I described above, its an instant buy lol. If its like witcher 3, its probably not my type of game.
    MaxBacon

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    I've been watching this game on Twitch and have to say that the way they handle fast travel is awesome. It's not just a "fade to black" POOF you're in a new place. It is an animated traverse across the map with a chance that "something" may happen along the way, like bandits, or another NPC meeting. It's not some magical instantaneous lore-breaking spell.

The same for sleeping. It takes time to sleep and you watch the clock tick away instead of simply hitting the sleep button then waking to a new day.

These features aren't "efficient." They aren't instantaneous. Instead, they are believable.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR