Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bloody Gaming B975 Optical Gaming Keyboard: A Bloody Good Upgrade - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 30,485
edited February 18 in News & Features Discussion

imageBloody Gaming B975 Optical Gaming Keyboard: A Bloody Good Upgrade - MMORPG.com

It’s may just be the year of Bloody Gaming. This year, the accessory maker is releasing peripherals intent on bringing them into the spotlight like never before. We saw some of their new gear at CES and were impressed, but it was their new keyboards that most caught our eye. Today, we’re looking at the B975, Bloody’s new full-size RGB keyboard, complete with a new and improved optical switch that’s easily their best yet.

Read the full story here


¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


«1

Comments

  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 19,307
    edited February 18
    "To my knowledge, Bloody is the only company using such a solution but it completely addresses both the looseness and key noise issues. "

    RomerG switches from Logitech beg to differ - they are quiet, stable and IMO feel much better than LK switches due to each RomerG being lubricated internally at the factory (which LK switches are not). Also LK is a MX based design, while RomerGs is a completely different switch designed from ground up

    As far as next generation of switches goes after the old and tired MX switches - I think that RomerGs are a clear leader

    Also not that it matters to me, but RomerG's have by far the best lighting solution - all light comes through the keycap and there is no light bleed underneath and around each key.
    Post edited by DMKano on
    JustAHermitPerjureblueturtle13wingood
  • cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    This is the 3rd keyboard review in the last 3 days... one might think you were getting paid to write them.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member EpicPosts: 9,977
    cjmarsh said:
    This is the 3rd keyboard review in the last 3 days... one might think you were getting paid to write them.
    I think you underestimate exactly how many keyboards are out there to actually test.  
    SBFordwingood



  • cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    cjmarsh said:
    This is the 3rd keyboard review in the last 3 days... one might think you were getting paid to write them.
    I think you underestimate exactly how many keyboards are out there to actually test.  
    Maybe so, I guess I'm just tired of all the peripheral reviews that I can never be sure are legitimate or just paid to be there.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 4,056

    cjmarsh said:




    cjmarsh said:

    This is the 3rd keyboard review in the last 3 days... one might think you were getting paid to write them.


    I think you underestimate exactly how many keyboards are out there to actually test.  


    Maybe so, I guess I'm just tired of all the peripheral reviews that I can never be sure are legitimate or just paid to be there.



    If something was paid for it will say sponsored in the title on this site.
    maskedweaselTorvalSBFordjimmywolfwingood
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,053
    a lot of these are just rebranded either from Logitech or Razor. This keyboard is exactly like a logitech kb right down to the pawn rest.
    No, they're not. If keyboards look the same it is likely because their layout is ANSI compliant.

    A lot of the key switches are the same between boards, but the circuitry behind it with x-key rollover is not. The same is true with deck extensions and wrist rests. That doesn't mean Razer or Logitech made them or have anything to do with them. It's just not true.

    This boards main deck is ANSI. The eight buttons in the upper right are not, but that is a very standard configuration for all board makers to use when they want to add additional functionality while still being able to advertise compliance. Compliance is attractive to mech keyboard users because they can buy third party keycaps they know will work and fit. There's a little more to it than that, but that's the core of it.
    maskedweaselwingood
    traveller, interloper, anomaly

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ


  • cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299

    cjmarsh said:




    cjmarsh said:

    This is the 3rd keyboard review in the last 3 days... one might think you were getting paid to write them.


    I think you underestimate exactly how many keyboards are out there to actually test.  


    Maybe so, I guess I'm just tired of all the peripheral reviews that I can never be sure are legitimate or just paid to be there.



    If something was paid for it will say sponsored in the title on this site.
    Will it also say that if the device is paid for or only if the article is?
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 19,307
    edited February 18


    https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/product/rgb-gaming-keyboard-g910

    replace the keys caps  and add a new logo ,aka re-branded.

    Same with a few mouses I've seen reviewed on here. They simply get the style they want , order a shipment.  A lot of industries do this , it is nothing new.



    Similar layout but IMO that Logitech is FAR better due to RomerG switches.

    The downside to RomerGs - nobody is making replacement keycaps - so you can't get nice doubleshot thick PBTs and put them on - so you are stuck with Logitech's factory ABS keycaps.

    But still - I am a huge fan of Romer Gs Here's what a Romer G looks like - image

    As you can see - there is no middle "stem" like MX switches have or on this keyboard LK switches, Romer Gs are super stable. The LED is in the middle so no light bleed from under or around the key.

    Post edited by DMKano on
    cjmarshwingood
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,053
    https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/product/rgb-gaming-keyboard-g910

    replace the keys caps  and add a new logo ,aka re-branded.

    Same with a few mouses I've seen reviewed on here. They simply get the style they want , order a shipment.  A lot of industries do this , it is nothing new.
    Like I said, you're wrong and lieing. Facts don't support you.
    cjmarsh
    traveller, interloper, anomaly

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ


  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,053
    Yes, and there are just a few chip fabs so all chips and memory are the same. Why not just buy an RCA tablet instead of an iPad or Surface Pro. They're the same thing with all the same hardware. Club Cheeto logic at its best.
    traveller, interloper, anomaly

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ


  • SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 30,485

    cjmarsh said:





    cjmarsh said:








    cjmarsh said:


    This is the 3rd keyboard review in the last 3 days... one might think you were getting paid to write them.




    I think you underestimate exactly how many keyboards are out there to actually test.  




    Maybe so, I guess I'm just tired of all the peripheral reviews that I can never be sure are legitimate or just paid to be there.






    If something was paid for it will say sponsored in the title on this site.


    Will it also say that if the device is paid for or only if the article is?



    We always say if it is sponsored and /or if the item was provided by the manufacturer for review.

    Let me say this slowly: We. Do. Not. Get. Paid. For. Articles. Without. Labeling. Them. EVER.

    Loathe as I am to say it because of the ease some throw it out there, your insinuations are "fake news".
    blueturtle13

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,053
    DMKano said:


    https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/product/rgb-gaming-keyboard-g910

    replace the keys caps  and add a new logo ,aka re-branded.

    Same with a few mouses I've seen reviewed on here. They simply get the style they want , order a shipment.  A lot of industries do this , it is nothing new.



    Similar layout but IMO that Logitech is FAR better due to RomerG switches.

    The downside to RomerGs - nobody is making replacement keycaps - so you can't get nice doubleshot thick PBTs and put them on - so you are stuck with Logitech's factory ABS keycaps.

    But still - I am a huge fan of Romer Gs Here's what a Romer G looks like -

    As you can see - there is no middle "stem" like MX switches have or on this keyboard LK switches, Romer Gs are super stable. The LED is in the middle so no light bleed from under or around the key.

    You just proved my point, they trim it down to be more cost effective for the person who has placed the order. They change out the keys, what ever you want.

    http://www.chinasuppliers.globalsources.com/china-suppliers/Keyboard.htm

    Any of those keyboards look familiar ?  LOL you guys are silly :D

    So that's Razer and Logitech being rebranded? No, that's you moving the goalposts. You really are a piece of work when you go into threads and try and twist things around.

    Switch construction isn't the same. Deck construction isn't the same between major vendors. Some cheap boards using the same manufacturer and generic parts doesn't prove your point again. It just proves that cheap knockoffs are cheap knockoffs.

    In a chip fab the output depends on the vendor. Having a dedicated manufacturer for a specific type of hardware doesn't mean that hardware coming out of it is all the same parts. So even in a case where a vendor might use the same production facilities doesn't imply they use the same parts. If that service is offered by the manufacturer it doesn't mean every vendor produces that way.

    That is why your whole point is a misleading lie. People like you enjoy oversimplifying a truth until it can be twisted to inappropriately support a mistruth. That is where alt-facts (lies) are generated from. Your half-truths don't tell the entire story and stereotyping the entire industry like that is a misleading lie.
    traveller, interloper, anomaly

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ


  • cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    SBFord said:

    cjmarsh said:





    cjmarsh said:








    cjmarsh said:


    This is the 3rd keyboard review in the last 3 days... one might think you were getting paid to write them.




    I think you underestimate exactly how many keyboards are out there to actually test.  




    Maybe so, I guess I'm just tired of all the peripheral reviews that I can never be sure are legitimate or just paid to be there.






    If something was paid for it will say sponsored in the title on this site.


    Will it also say that if the device is paid for or only if the article is?



    We always say if it is sponsored and /or if the item was provided by the manufacturer for review.

    Let me say this slowly: We. Do. Not. Get. Paid. For. Articles. Without. Labeling. Them. EVER.

    Loathe as I am to say it because of the ease some throw it out there, your insinuations are "fake news".
    Actually they were honest questions, sorry if you were offended by them. Is it really so hard to imagine someone being suspicious about advertising in articles with the enormous amount of space advertising takes on this site? Not sure where the "fake news" came from.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 6,957
    cjmarsh said:
    SBFord said:

    cjmarsh said:





    cjmarsh said:








    cjmarsh said:


    This is the 3rd keyboard review in the last 3 days... one might think you were getting paid to write them.




    I think you underestimate exactly how many keyboards are out there to actually test.  




    Maybe so, I guess I'm just tired of all the peripheral reviews that I can never be sure are legitimate or just paid to be there.






    If something was paid for it will say sponsored in the title on this site.


    Will it also say that if the device is paid for or only if the article is?



    We always say if it is sponsored and /or if the item was provided by the manufacturer for review.

    Let me say this slowly: We. Do. Not. Get. Paid. For. Articles. Without. Labeling. Them. EVER.

    Loathe as I am to say it because of the ease some throw it out there, your insinuations are "fake news".
    Actually they were honest questions, sorry if you were offended by them. Is it really so hard to imagine someone being suspicious about advertising in articles with the enormous amount of space advertising takes on this site? Not sure where the "fake news" came from.
    Suzie has had to deal with a lot of accusations from posters in the past about the staff getting paid to run features (sometimes in ridiculously condescending ways), so she's just gotten a little exhausted with addressing it over and over I think.

    That's likely where the offense taken comes from.  
    wingoodBillMurphy

    image
  • GameByNightGameByNight Columnist / Podcast HostMember UncommonPosts: 396

    DMKano said:

    "To my knowledge, Bloody is the only company using such a solution but it completely addresses both the looseness and key noise issues. "



    RomerG switches from Logitech beg to differ - they are quiet, stable and IMO feel much better than LK switches due to each RomerG being lubricated internally at the factory (which LK switches are not). Also LK is a MX based design,
    while RomerGs is a completely different switch designed from ground up



    As far as next generation of switches goes after the old and tired MX switches - I think that RomerGs are a clear leader



    Also not that it matters to me, but RomerG's have by far the best lighting solution - all light comes through the keycap and there is no light bleed underneath and around each key.



    Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I wasn't talking about normal mechanical key switches. It was referring specifically to the last generation of Light Strike switches in the area of looseness.

    Writer of the RPG Files
    Official Podcast Host
    Blogger at GameByNight.com

  • GameByNightGameByNight Columnist / Podcast HostMember UncommonPosts: 396


    a lot of these are just rebranded either from Logitech or Razor. This keyboard is exactly like a logitech kb right down to the pawn rest.



    By appearances, perhaps - though I kind of doubt it. What logitech are you referring to?

    Writer of the RPG Files
    Official Podcast Host
    Blogger at GameByNight.com

  • GameByNightGameByNight Columnist / Podcast HostMember UncommonPosts: 396

    Actually they were honest questions, sorry if you were offended by them. Is it really so hard to imagine someone being suspicious about advertising in articles with the enormous amount of space advertising takes on this site? Not sure where the "fake news" came from.


    Our reviews are not paid for. Suzie and the rest of that bristle at questions like that because it is a very common throw-out to try to diminish what we do here when the commenter doesn't want to take the time (or doesn't have the ability to) make a reasoned argument.

    When it comes to hardware, we receive review samples like every other outlet because it would be insane to budget for every item we wanted to try and share our thoughts on. No outlet is buying all their own hardware with very rare exceptions. Any item we are sent is disclosed at the end of the review, as it is in this one.

    But, given that hardware isn't the main focus this site was built on, companies would be insane to pay us over a hardware dedicated site. Speaking from my experience and talking to other hardware writers, there isn't money changing hands for reviews unless it's a sponsored series, at least in any case I've heard of. Maybe it happens, but if it does, it won't happen here.

    Fun fact: the place that's most likely to happen? YouTube and Twitch. Not "old guard" written media where we have ethics policies to abide by. Even then, I'm dubious, because most non-associated YouTubers are going to be happy to get something for free, which may in itself go a long way to swaying opinion. Why would you bribe a streamer when just giving them the thing is probably going to do it anyway? We've been doing this for long enough, where getting a sample isn't anything new. It's just how it's done, that's all. Contrary to what you hear a lot of in comments, the verified cases of money for positive coverage recently all been tied to YouTube.

    Advertising and editorial are kept separate always. The only people even talking to companies when it comes to hardware reviews are typically Bill and I, and that's to arrange coverage and communicate links to the review, ask questions, that kind of thing. In other words, to do our job as editors.

    Those are honest answers to what you say are honest questions, and I hope it gives some context to how things work.
    maskedweaselblueturtle13BillMurphy

    Writer of the RPG Files
    Official Podcast Host
    Blogger at GameByNight.com

  • cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    edited February 18


    I understand you're standing up for your writer but contrary to what you might think, not everyone who questions your advertising methods is someone who doesn't want to take the time or doesn't have the ability to make a reasoned argument. It does, however, give clear insight into your thoughts on your own readers. In case you weren't aware, it doesn't mention that the device has been paid for by the manufacturer until you read the full article, and even then it's at the end of it. My point wasn't that you were actually getting paid to write it, but that you were only writing about the ones that are sent to you.

    Someone else posted that there are a lot of keyboards out there, so what are the ones you review based on? Because it seems like, from what you've said, that you review the ones people pay for and send you because "It's just how it's done, that's all." So while this may be old hat for you, not everyone trusts reviews that come from products given for free since it tends to bias the reviewers thoughts, reviewers being human and all. That's why in Steam reviews the label is placed at the top of the review. This is an honest response to what you say are honest answers, and I hope it gives you some context to how things work.
    PS: It would be great if it wasn't necessary to edit html in order to respond to a post.
    Post edited by cjmarsh on
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member EpicPosts: 9,977
    edited February 19
    cjmarsh said:


    I understand you're standing up for your writer but contrary to what you might think, not everyone who questions your advertising methods is someone who doesn't want to take the time or doesn't have the ability to make a reasoned argument. It does, however, give clear insight into your thoughts on your own readers. In case you weren't aware, it doesn't mention that the device has been paid for by the manufacturer until you read the full article, and even then it's at the end of it. My point wasn't that you were actually getting paid to write it, but that you were only writing about the ones that are sent to you.

    Someone else posted that there are a lot of keyboards out there, so what are the ones you review based on? Because it seems like, from what you've said, that you review the ones people pay for and send you because "It's just how it's done, that's all." So while this may be old hat for you, not everyone trusts reviews that come from products given for free since it tends to bias the reviewers thoughts, reviewers being human and all. That's why in Steam reviews the label is placed at the top of the review. This is an honest response to what you say are honest answers, and I hope it gives you some context to how things work.
    PS: It would be great if it wasn't necessary to edit html in order to respond to a post.
    I think you'll be hard pressed to find reviews from sites where they haven't received products for free.  It's important to be transparent when you do receive items for free, but whether it's hardware or software, or what have you, in almost all review cases that aren't based on product reviews from amazon (which, in many of those cases people still get products for free) products are given for unbiased reviews.

    Keep in mind that in pretty much every case of a bad review, those games and peripherals were also given for free.  In those instances you have to weigh the integrity of the writers more-so than peoples' love of getting free stuff.  

    Now it's completely possible to see a "sponsored" review,  but those are completely different.  Those play more like a commercial. But that being said, reviews of any kind should be taken with a grain of salt, as any review worth it's weight is written with more than just facts, but the writers perception of the product.  

    I don't know how many times I've seen responses on articles where the writer was deemed as "Biased" or "paid off" because they liked something that someone else (who mostly hasn't tried it) disliked it.  It's just the nature of reviews, no matter where you see them, and some are valid criticisms, I just think a lot of people can't tell the difference between sites that disclose the information like MMORPG, and sites with less integrity. 
    Post edited by maskedweasel on
    cjmarsh



  • AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,573

    cjmarsh said:




    cjmarsh said:

    This is the 3rd keyboard review in the last 3 days... one might think you were getting paid to write them.


    I think you underestimate exactly how many keyboards are out there to actually test.  


    Maybe so, I guess I'm just tired of all the peripheral reviews that I can never be sure are legitimate or just paid to be there.



    We have been around for 15+ years and I personally can assure you that we have never taken money for a piece of content that we did not clearly label as sponsored. Even this we only started doing in the past few years.
    [Deleted User]Torval

    - MMORPG.COM Staff -

    The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,135

    DMKano said:

    "To my knowledge, Bloody is the only company using such a solution but it completely addresses both the looseness and key noise issues. "



    RomerG switches from Logitech beg to differ - they are quiet, stable and IMO feel much better than LK switches due to each RomerG being lubricated internally at the factory (which LK switches are not). Also LK is a MX based design,
    while RomerGs is a completely different switch designed from ground up



    As far as next generation of switches goes after the old and tired MX switches - I think that RomerGs are a clear leader



    Also not that it matters to me, but RomerG's have by far the best lighting solution - all light comes through the keycap and there is no light bleed underneath and around each key.



    I completely agree. I was not even in the market for a new keyboard as I had bought one last year on a suggestion from @Torval yet when I put my hands on the Logitech G910 Spectrum I was sold in an instant. This keyboard is the best I have owned. The key response is lightening quick. Quicker than any keyboard I have used. It even influenced me to move over to the Logitech Proteus Spectrum mouse as well. Logitech has really great software to go along with their devices.
    Having the light come strictly through the keycaps and not bleeding through is something I didn't even know I wanted nor cared about until I had it. Awesome product.
    TorvalDMKano

    거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다












  • FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 448
    What a depressing thread, infested by the same monotonous depressing posters.  Have a day off.

    Torval
  • JustAHermitJustAHermit Member UncommonPosts: 72
    They’re probably doing it so they can continue to get more peripherals from manufacturers and review them to have more content on the website. I ended up just buying the Logitech keyboard mentioned by DMKano since it piqued my interest and I do like their mice. Ironic how a review wasn’t what sold me but a comment ^-^
    [Deleted User]bloody-rajiv
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,053
    They’re probably doing it so they can continue to get more peripherals from manufacturers and review them to have more content on the website. I ended up just buying the Logitech keyboard mentioned by DMKano since it piqued my interest and I do like their mice. Ironic how a review wasn’t what sold me but a comment ^-^
    There have been reviews here of Logitech keyboards. You could always look those up. That's what an extensive review library can provide.
    traveller, interloper, anomaly

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ


  • JustAHermitJustAHermit Member UncommonPosts: 72

    Torval said:



    They’re probably doing it so they can continue to get more peripherals from manufacturers and review them to have more content on the website. I ended up just buying the Logitech keyboard mentioned by DMKano since it piqued my interest and I do like their mice. Ironic how a review wasn’t what sold me but a comment ^-^


    There have been reviews here of Logitech keyboards. You could always look those up. That's what an extensive review library can provide.



    While true I could search for the reviews, unsurprisingly I come here primarily to scratch the surface of MMORPG news the same way I go to specialized outlets for reviews such as TheTruthAboutGuns.com.. This is no TheTruthAboutKeyboards.
Sign In or Register to comment.