Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition - $19.99 on Steam

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Hey guys,

If you've been considering picking up The Witcher 3, which is widely considered one of the best RPG's of all time, now is a good opportunity.  Steam currently has both the regular edition and the Game of the Year edition on sale for $19.99

Can't go wrong!

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Can't? Maybe you can, at least a little :wink:
    GoG has now (till Feb.20) a flash sale, accompanied with discounts all through the weekend. One of those discounted games is W3 GOTY.

So, why would you "anchor" to gabe one of the flagships of drm-free games when you can buy it from GoG as well? :smiley:
    bartoni33AlBQuirky
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I honestly don't understand what you said!  =/
  • cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    The Witcher 3 might be the best game ever made. If you have any interest in a RPG set in a deep, dark, open fantasy world then I can't recommend it enough.
    bartoni33
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    he's saying why would you buy a game that is an icon of DRM Free games from steam when you can instead just buy it from Good Old Games.
    bartoni33Po_gg
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    edited February 2018
    EDIT: Sovrath posted a couple of seconds faster than I /EDIT
    Sovrath

Oh, I just don't know what a DRM free game is!
  • cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Oh, I just don't know what a DRM free game is!
    Stands for Digital Rights Management. Generally it can be a pain for something like UPlay being required for Ubisoft's games but Steam is pretty tame so long as you like Steam. It just means you need to establish an internet connection to somebody's service to confirm you own the game.
    bartoni33
    Ah, thanks!
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Sovrath said:
    he's saying why would you buy a game that is an icon of DRM Free games from steam when you can instead just buy it from Good Old Games.
    If I'm not mistaken GOG and CDProject (makers of the series) are partnered up in some way.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    The Witcher 3 is awesome, I don't like it only because I find it a sexist game, but besides that, it's a great game and good company that doesn't use DRM on their game.
    LackingMMObartoni33AlBQuirky
    Renoaku said:
    The Witcher 3 is awesome, I don't like it only because I find it a sexist game, but besides that, it's a great game and good company that doesn't use DRM on their game.
    What a confusing sentence.

"It's awesome! I don't like it! It's a great game. No DRM!"

Four main protagonist. One male three female. Sexist. All three females have a hold over Geralt. Sexist. I see.

GwapoJoshrodingo

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

Sovrath said:
    Yep, that's what I tried to babble about, just failed to do so apparently :smiley:

There's also Dungeons 2 for free, till tomorrow:
    https://www.gog.com/game/dungeons_2
    bartoni33
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    How does GoG Galaxy work?  Ive been using Steam forever and although I love the idea of DRM free Steam works so well.  Im afraid to switch.
  • ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Cannot stand RPG's where you play a pre-made character, not even a little bit.
    flizzer said:
    How does GoG Galaxy work?  Ive been using Steam forever and although I love the idea of DRM free Steam works so well.  Im afraid to switch.
    It works the same as Steam or any other retailer. Their is an optional launcher called GOG Galaxy that is similar to Steam or Uplay or Origin or Glyph etc.

If you like older games it is awesome. Great deals daily for those.
    [Deleted User]

bartoni33 said:
    Their is an optional launcher called GOG Galaxy that is similar to Steam or Uplay or Origin or Glyph etc.
    In a small part it is similar to those services, but there's a huge difference, which is that simple word "optional". It is not a mandatory bloatware sitting on your PC all the time :wink: 

Mainly it has two functions, one is a slight convenience for the regular gog.com usage (helps with downloads, notifies when a game got a patch for example, etc),
    the second is the net connection for a few games which have Galaxy support (and just for that, the game works fine without it, even the multiplayer if it has regular multi. Galaxy is only needed the multiplayer over the net, kind of like a server browser was for older games).

I don't use it personally, tried it once (played a few matches over the net in Gwent, that is an example of Galaxy-using games) and then removed it. I prefer Gwent as a singleplayer game anyways :smiley:
    bartoni33
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    edited February 2018
    WItcher 3 are by far the best RPG ever made, and no It's not a matter of opinion, It's a fact.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    I could never get into TW3. Tried many times but just never liked it. The combat does not grab me and I don’t find it very fun. Also I don’t like Geralt. Love the created world just not the game inside of it. 
    Same boat for me played 1 and 2 and just always felt a disconnect from Geralt....

I wont be trying 3
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Maurgrim said:
    WItcher 3 are by far the best RPG ever made, and no It's not a matter of opinion, It's a fact.
    Oh boy, facts. Those are interesting :-D

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran