Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Development Updates

1575860626375

Comments

  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 3,187
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:
    Pure speculation that making money will be brisk.
    I seriously doubt it though... considering ship progression is the only progression the game has, they aren't going to make it that easy.
    Player is an avatar not a ship, even in this early version player's progression is already measured in the gear/clothing they buy/wear not the ships they fly....
    The ships players buy with real money? Sounds like a great progression system!
    Everyone can walk inside and out of any ship available ingame, they can pilot it themselves, lend it to friends or have it stolen if they are not careful.

    Players are avatars, not vehicles. That's why a 20$ package backer can have fun walking/piloting/stealing/destroying all the ships available now and in the future without putting a cent more.
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 561
    Amen.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:
    Pure speculation that making money will be brisk.
    I seriously doubt it though... considering ship progression is the only progression the game has, they aren't going to make it that easy.
    Player is an avatar not a ship, even in this early version player's progression is already measured in the gear/clothing they buy/wear not the ships they fly....
    I wouldn’t really call putting on a white shirt instead of a blue shirt player progression.
    If you are a player that prefers white to blue it's progression. Also, If you put heavy armour on top of that blue shirt, add a sub-machine gun, grenades and a plasma canon I'd call that progression.
    You and I have vastly different ideas of what progression is. You seem to think putting on armour or clothes is progression when usually that’s basic character creation or picking a weapon for a FPS match.

    I really shouldn’t be surprised at this point anymore though.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:
    Pure speculation that making money will be brisk.
    I seriously doubt it though... considering ship progression is the only progression the game has, they aren't going to make it that easy.
    Player is an avatar not a ship, even in this early version player's progression is already measured in the gear/clothing they buy/wear not the ships they fly....
    I wouldn’t really call putting on a white shirt instead of a blue shirt player progression.
    If you are a player that prefers white to blue it's progression. 
    Star Citizen: Going from a blue shirt to a white shirt is our progression. 
    No, our defense force is not desperate and doesn't make utterly ridiculous claims, what do  you mean?
    Please buy an Idris.
    KefoJamesGoblin

    ..Cake..

  • ArillixArillix Member UncommonPosts: 88
    @sgel,

    Why buy the Idris, when I can fly around stealthily, hack the ship from distance, killing the power by over loading your component fuses, then swoop in and strip it while you and your crew suffocate. Or board you at a port, as a legit crew member only to slow and methodically murder all other crew one by one. Payday for me. 
    kikoodutroa8JamesGoblin
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 3,187
    edited February 2018
    Kefo said:
    You and I have vastly different ideas of what progression is. You seem to think putting on armour or clothes is progression when usually that’s basic character creation or picking a weapon for a FPS match.

    I really shouldn’t be surprised at this point anymore though.
    As it should be, gamer's have different idea of fun. You might like PVP I might prefer PVE, you might care a lot for min-maxing I might care only for cosmetics and role-play...

    Progression is not just about increasing a lvling/reputation bar to unlock "stuff". 

    That's the appeal of mmorpg's I think.

    sgel said:
    Star Citizen: Going from a blue shirt to a white shirt is our progression. 
    No, our defense force is not desperate and doesn't make utterly ridiculous claims, what do  you mean?
    Please buy an Idris.
    For someone that follows Star Citizen so regularly you should know that doing missions gets you more credits, that allows for buying better Armour therefore allowing you to carry more and better weapons, grenades... 

    That you can even buy better equipments for ships like shields, coolers etc...



    Maybe focus more on the gaming part and less on the hating.

    It's a video-game thread in a video-game forum after all. 
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 561
    Arillix said:
    @sgel,

    Why buy the Idris, when I can fly around stealthily, hack the ship from distance, killing the power by over loading your component fuses, then swoop in and strip it while you and your crew suffocate. Or board you at a port, as a legit crew member only to slow and methodically murder all other crew one by one. Payday for me. 
    It's obvious you've never played star citizen.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Arillix said:
    @sgel,

    Why buy the Idris, when I can fly around stealthily, hack the ship from distance, killing the power by over loading your component fuses, then swoop in and strip it while you and your crew suffocate. Or board you at a port, as a legit crew member only to slow and methodically murder all other crew one by one. Payday for me. 
    And when can you do this? 5 years from now? 10? Only in your head as hopes and dreams?
  • ArillixArillix Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Ah yes, the tired, lazy, unimageative, and pathetic FUD of if is not in the game right this second.
    Best of luck with that.

    BabuinixOdeezee
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 561
    How much are you in for?
  • ArillixArillix Member UncommonPosts: 88
    46,792,644.02 in bitcoin dust.
    96,877,904.83 in Etherium nuggets.
    7,453,662,895.71 in goon salty tears and Derek Smart anguish.
    You?
    JamesGoblinBabuinixOdeezee
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Babuinix said:

    Maybe focus more on the gaming part and less on the hating.

    It's a video-game thread in a video-game forum after all. 
    I was literally quoting you.
    YOU said that even changing the colour of the shirt on your avatar is progression.

    Star Citizen: Change your shirt to level up.
    JamesGoblin

    ..Cake..

  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Arillix said:
    Ah yes, the tired, lazy, unimageative, and pathetic FUD of if is not in the game right this second.
    Best of luck with that.

    It hasn't been in game for the last 7 years. When will it be?

    Which ship can hack an idris from a distance? How does it work?
    If you overload the fuses, why can't the crew repair them?
    If you board the ship and start killing crew, how will your stop the killed person from communicating your identity to the rest of the crew?

    I think buying an Idris will be more efficient. Don't be stingy, dip into that wallet and help CIG make the BDSSE.

    ..Cake..

  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Arillix said:
    Ah yes, the tired, lazy, unimageative, and pathetic FUD of if is not in the game right this second.
    Best of luck with that.

    Lol can’t refute the argument so resort to lazy attacks.

    And how is asking when you can do what you talked about like about hacking a ship to kill the crew or stealthily kill everyone on board one by one (cause no one talks over mumble right? Lol) spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt? Unless of course it’s making you face the harsh reality of the game as it currently stands and you break into a cold sweat?
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 3,187
    sgel said:
    Babuinix said:

    Maybe focus more on the gaming part and less on the hating.

    It's a video-game thread in a video-game forum after all. 
    I was literally quoting you.
    YOU said that even changing the colour of the shirt on your avatar is progression.

    Star Citizen: Change your shirt to level up.
    Some people care about cosmetics to the point of focusing their gameplay only to get their avatar to look like they want. If someone likes a specific color to match their gear they will play to get it and once they get they will feel that as a "progression" in attaining their avatar visual. This might be hard to understand from someone who comes from elite maybe where you are just a vehicle and can only improve it's avatar trough the cash shop but in regular mmorpgs searching for that specific piece of gear and make a visual appealing matching set is a great deal of the motivation to play. Other's don't care about looks and just focus on min-maxing to get the better performance possible, and that's ok, to each it's own. The more possibilities in gameplay the better.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,275
    https://www.dualshockers.com/star-citizen-squadron-42-staff-475-employees/


    Star Citizen / SQ42 development team is currently stated as 475 employees, continuing to show the constant growth of past years; makes me wonder they must have other sources of income aside of the crowdfund to sustain the scale of their 5 studios. O.o
  • ArillixArillix Member UncommonPosts: 88
    sgel said:
    Arillix said:
    Ah yes, the tired, lazy, unimageative, and pathetic FUD of if is not in the game right this second.
    Best of luck with that.

    It hasn't been in game for the last 7 years. When will it be?

    Which ship can hack an idris from a distance? How does it work?
    If you overload the fuses, why can't the crew repair them?
    If you board the ship and start killing crew, how will your stop the killed person from communicating your identity to the rest of the crew?

    I think buying an Idris will be more efficient. Don't be stingy, dip into that wallet and help CIG make the BDSSE.
    Warped time line much, your fantasies of when the project started have no bearing.

    The Drake Herald.


    Depends how fast can they get to a flight suite (crew in civies) for the oxygen to breath, and then to the components with the replacement fuses.

    Stealth kills.

    I'm good, I control my wallet. 

  • ArillixArillix Member UncommonPosts: 88
    @kefo,

    Extreme assumption there. What ever helps you sleep at night.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    MaxBacon said:
    https://www.dualshockers.com/star-citizen-squadron-42-staff-475-employees/


    Star Citizen / SQ42 development team is currently stated as 475 employees, continuing to show the constant growth of past years; makes me wonder they must have other sources of income aside of the crowdfund to sustain the scale of their 5 studios. O.o
    The article talks about the size of the UK operation - I suspect that has probably been influenced by the £-$ exchange rate. Even though it has recovered the UK £ is still below what is was in mid-2016 and for much of 2017 was well below. 

    As far as other funding nothing has been said so I assune that - other than tax breaks etc. - its all crowd funding. And there must be enough in reserve to be confident of sustaining this level of development in the near term.

    Maybe they sold their islands at a profit!
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Arillix said:
    @kefo,

    Extreme assumption there. What ever helps you sleep at night.
    I sleep like a dad (not a baby cause babies don’t sleep) cause I’m exhausted from laughing so much at the screwed up logic and blindly defending of this game from some supporters
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Arillix said:
    sgel said:
    Arillix said:
    Ah yes, the tired, lazy, unimageative, and pathetic FUD of if is not in the game right this second.
    Best of luck with that.

    It hasn't been in game for the last 7 years. When will it be?

    Which ship can hack an idris from a distance? How does it work?
    If you overload the fuses, why can't the crew repair them?
    If you board the ship and start killing crew, how will your stop the killed person from communicating your identity to the rest of the crew?

    I think buying an Idris will be more efficient. Don't be stingy, dip into that wallet and help CIG make the BDSSE.
    Warped time line much, your fantasies of when the project started have no bearing.

    I presume CR knows better than you.
    I'm simply following his cue.

    ..Cake..

  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:
    Babuinix said:

    Maybe focus more on the gaming part and less on the hating.

    It's a video-game thread in a video-game forum after all. 
    I was literally quoting you.
    YOU said that even changing the colour of the shirt on your avatar is progression.

    Star Citizen: Change your shirt to level up.
    Some people care about cosmetics to the point of focusing their gameplay only to get their avatar to look like they want. If someone likes a specific color to match their gear they will play to get it and once they get they will feel that as a "progression" in attaining their avatar visual. This might be hard to understand from someone who comes from elite maybe where you are just a vehicle and can only improve it's avatar trough the cash shop but in regular mmorpgs searching for that specific piece of gear and make a visual appealing matching set is a great deal of the motivation to play. Other's don't care about looks and just focus on min-maxing to get the better performance possible, and that's ok, to each it's own. The more possibilities in gameplay the better.
    You're not just a ship in Elite though.
    I know you like to bash it with every opportunity you can get in SC threads, but you should get your facts straight. Maybe even try it in VR.


    You still said that changing the colour of your shirt is progression in SC.
    It's incredibly funny watching you trying to defend it :)


    ..Cake..

  • cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    SC is only going to be a game because the developer sold over-priced ship porn to their backers for years until they got enough money to survive the gross mismanagement of an mmorpg development schedule. At least they can afford to burn our money for a couple more years while they finally produce the game they promised.
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 561
    Arillix said:
    46,792,644.02 in bitcoin dust.
    96,877,904.83 in Etherium nuggets.
    7,453,662,895.71 in goon salty tears and Derek Smart anguish.
    You?
    Enough material for a lifetime of sociology studies.
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 3,187
    edited February 2018
    sgel said:
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:
    Babuinix said:

    Maybe focus more on the gaming part and less on the hating.

    It's a video-game thread in a video-game forum after all. 
    I was literally quoting you.
    YOU said that even changing the colour of the shirt on your avatar is progression.

    Star Citizen: Change your shirt to level up.
    Some people care about cosmetics to the point of focusing their gameplay only to get their avatar to look like they want. If someone likes a specific color to match their gear they will play to get it and once they get they will feel that as a "progression" in attaining their avatar visual. This might be hard to understand from someone who comes from elite maybe where you are just a vehicle and can only improve it's avatar trough the cash shop but in regular mmorpgs searching for that specific piece of gear and make a visual appealing matching set is a great deal of the motivation to play. Other's don't care about looks and just focus on min-maxing to get the better performance possible, and that's ok, to each it's own. The more possibilities in gameplay the better.
    You're not just a ship in Elite though.
    I know you like to bash it with every opportunity you can get in SC threads, but you should get your facts straight. Maybe even try it in VR.


    You still said that changing the colour of your shirt is progression in SC.
    It's incredibly funny watching you trying to defend it :)


    I never said such thing. It wasn't me who brought the "white to blue shirt example" to the table.

    It's about how for some gamers cosmetics are as important as stats.... While for others they might focus on "achievments" and theres an achievment "Equip all shirts"....

    Who are you to tell them that's not progress?

    It's all about the context in mmorpgs.

    And I bring Elite to the table because it seems that's all you know, maybe that's why its so hard for you to understand and accept the vast scope of Star Citizen and the road to get there...
Sign In or Register to comment.