Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arsha PvP Server to be Added on February 21st - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageArsha PvP Server to be Added on February 21st - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

Black Desert Online News - Kakao Games has sent word that the Lunar New Year Sale has started in Black Desert Online as of today and that it will run through February 19th. In addition, they have also revealed the Arsha PvP server will be added to the game as part of the regular maintenance on February 21st.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Is this a fresh start server or just another 'shard'?
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

cjmarsh said:

Is this a fresh start server or just another 'shard'?

Another shard, like Valencia 6.
  • stlordstlord Member UncommonPosts: 15
    It will be empty, as the same one in the ru zone. Is not surprise, cause game has no pvp motivation.
    AlomarRyuushimaholdenhamlet
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    guy with the biggest boots wins PVP in this game
    Corrupt1290

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    > All characters will have stronger PvP defense ability

This is going to be the main PvE farming server.
    Phryholdenhamlet

Thank you for your time!

• ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    these devs are genuinely clueless, it is absolutely mindblowing.
    guess that's a new shard where you can farm in peace and turn in your fish at imperial trading.
    holdenhamlet
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062

stlord said:

It will be empty, as the same one in the ru zone. Is not surprise, cause game has no pvp motivation.

yeah i find pvp lacking in most games cuz of this. the motivation is like, ok you gain points to buy xyz skill that gives you a caltrops that can slow someone for 3 seconds. or a skill that gives you the ability to dash for 2 seconds after rezzing. that or, u can use ur pvp points to buy gear of the same tier you can find on a AH. i.e. ESO. or that or they drop some currency you can find grinding mobs. does BDO have any PVP incentives for killing someone randomly?

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    I knew over a hundred friends/guildies who played BDO at launch for the pvp. Three remain and pvp is not the reason why, so weird decision.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • Life2vLife2v Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Another dumb decision.
  • cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    I've never seen devs better able to make such a pretty game and then so thoroughly drive it into the ground. BDO could have been absolutely fantastic but... I don't know what they were thinking.
    DAOWAceAlomarjimmywolfholdenhamlet
  • HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    As for pve and economics is an amazing game but a mmorpg should be a mmorpg and focus on players and grouping for further purposes. If you log on to stay full afk, semi afk or just solo grind, this is not a mmo but an online single player experience.

Ive quit BDO 1month ago with 15 bils in storages, House fame 2k, 2 x 60, double boss set, 4 dands/kzarka, 100 workers, etc. Epic Economical Experience if u drop 500E but thats it.
    Alomarholdenhamlet

time007 said:

stlord said:

yeah i find pvp lacking in most games cuz of this. the motivation is like, ok you gain points to buy xyz skill that gives you a caltrops that can slow someone for 3 seconds. or a skill that gives you the ability to dash for 2 seconds after rezzing. that or, u can use ur pvp points to buy gear of the same tier you can find on a AH. i.e. ESO. or that or they drop some currency you can find grinding mobs. does BDO have any PVP incentives for killing someone randomly?

Well, BDO has even no any "pvp points" :). "I'm fighting because... erm... because I can" )
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Alomar said:
    I knew over a hundred friends/guildies who played BDO at launch for the pvp. Three remain and pvp is not the reason why, so weird decision.
    Not surprising though, the game is really about the PVE activities, what PVP there is really revolves around the node wars, which not many Guilds are even into. It might be that they (kakao/pearl abyss etc.) are trying to encourage more people to PVP in the game, but without some kind of reward being involved i can't see it happening. :/
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Adding another server and doing nothing for the game is encouraging pvp how?

The mere thought of pvp ruins PVE as is anyhow,you have to constantly tweak and balance classes for pvp thereby limiting what you can do in PVE  grouping,but not like any KR developer ever had a clue how to do grouping in a mmo.

Even back in the L1..L2 days it was still similar to Wow,soloing and then grouping for instances and pvp.Pvp was not designed around grouping either,i have not played a single KR game ever that had any clue on grouping.

So the only reason there is a login screen is to pvp and if there is no "game"centered around pvp,why bother,well just because it seems Asian gamer's love their pvp and why L1 has remained popular since forever and why the top 2 twitch games are LOL and Dota.
    Asians also seem to adore arcade type gaming more than role play gaming,the super spammy,fast flashy combat,jump in the air,twirl around see a pile of numbers flash on the screen.

I also disagree on the game being good for PVE,unless you call afk fishing good,a pile of keyboard presses for combat ,auto pathing which again is not YOU playing the game,artificial lines through the air indicating node connections,so yeah lots of IMMERSION ruining which SHOULD be a staple in PVE.

Bottom line is this was not even news,anyone playing would already know about pvp and a new server,this is really just an advertisement for their cash shop,pretty sad this site would take part in another game's cash shop advertisement,that is VERY low standards of news reporting.

stlordqoma

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Really hoping this is finally going to bring PvE servers which we've all been asking for since release.

If not, then like everyone's said already; the devs are completely clueless about what the playerbase wants and how to design their game to be anything more than a pretty face.

BDO still holds my "biggest disappointment" award to this day.
    stlordAlomar

DAOWAce said:

Really hoping this is finally going to bring PvE servers which we've all been asking for since release.

If not, then like everyone's said already; the devs are completely clueless about what the playerbase wants and how to design their game to be anything more than a pretty face.

Uhm. I don't think they will bring any pve server, cause game has not pve too. I don't call as pve content the afk deeds like fishing, felling or melting something at the warehouse, insane mob grinding without any sufficient profit or just a looking at the beautiful landscape in any new "no-one-needs-it" territory, cause you can't do something useful there.

Just an example: today we have went to Vell with friends. Started from Velia, 20 min to spawn spot, 35 min fighting, 20 min back. And we've got loot equivalent to 6-7 mil of silver. Is it good? Especially when that Kraken spawns only at 14-00 Su.
    Or that Kamasylvia... There's absolutely nothing to do. Maybe to farm daily quests for pegasus awakening, but pegasus is definitely p2w content. There's no drop of memory fragments, very low chance to drop of good belt, which one you can break in one second when try to enchant (korean enchanting is the another form of devs laziness and stupidness). And you should understand, you can try to farm this belt only if you have +19-+20 equipment and +3-+4 jewelry, so this "content" is just only for p2w guys or for no-lifers.

The only real pve content I found is the Veltar "dungeon". Dumb, depending to any average dungeon in WoW, but at least slightly unusual. But devs poured a spoonful of tar even there. Attacks of bosses are absolutely randomized and you can fail your run just only because 3'rd tier boss wants to spam 6-7 attacks with invulnerability in a row.

So, we can just observe landscape. It is really pretty. :)
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Did they ever do a pve only server?
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    Wizardry said:
    Adding another server and doing nothing for the game is encouraging pvp how?

The mere thought of pvp ruins PVE as is anyhow,you have to constantly tweak and balance classes for pvp thereby limiting what you can do in PVE  grouping,but not like any KR developer ever had a clue how to do grouping in a mmo.

Even back in the L1..L2 days it was still similar to Wow,soloing and then grouping for instances and pvp.Pvp was not designed around grouping either,i have not played a single KR game ever that had any clue on grouping.

wtf are you babbling about ?!
    if you didn't group in lineage 2, you litteraly couldn't play the game.
    no group in pvp meant : no dances, no songs, no prophet/overlord/warcryer buffs, no healer/rez and it was the same for pve, your efficiency depended on buffs upkeep (even if it meant your entire party was you and your multibox). it all changed with goddess update, but you were talking about the old l1/l2 days.

as for the rest of your tirade, it's the same old drivel.

for the people asking for pve only servers, i don't know what game you guys are playing but open world pvp is essentially non existent right now.
    they have made so many grinding locations viable for just about any kind of gear and made gearing up way easier than before that it killed open world pvp since people are scattered all around the world instead of just sausans. 
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    DMKano said:

DAOWAce said:

If you want a worry free PvE experience - play on Valencia6 (PvP) server - I know it's counter intuitive but nobody PvEs there. I mean I've seen a few players here and there - and they immediatly run when they got near where I was grinding (Desert Fogans in Valencia) - it's quite hillarious how everyone is afraid of PvP on PvP server lol
    Also, PvP server is literally the "carebear" server. If you do get PvPed, who cares? Don't lose anything. On top of that, unlike regular servers, you can't get karma bombed on PvP servers. 

That last one right there...not being karma bombed makes the biggest difference in BDO. That is the #1 best thing about the PvP server.
    MaxBacon

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

SlyLoK said:

Did they ever do a pve only server?

no
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Hey, if it's dead then I have another place to farm in peace. With the chance that someone might come and attack me (which will result in at least a little excitement during grinding). I'm perfectly okay with this.