Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To Launch Day & Beyond! - Conan Exiles - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageTo Launch Day & Beyond! - Conan Exiles - MMORPG.com

Conan Exiles News - The Conan Exiles site has been updated with a lengthy post to inform players about what the game will look like when it launches and how it will continue to evolve over time. The team has nailed down what will be present at launch and are ready to talk about it.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Awesome, combat is looking better!
    TokkenValdheimAgent_JosephAlomar
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    My fav survival game to date, and it just keeps getting better. Definitely looking forward to hundreds of hours more at launch with the new combat system.
    zigalucardValdheimd_20
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • Zeppel80Zeppel80 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    I can't get too excited about a game where my base gets wrecked when I'm logged out. I have enough trouble securing my stuff when I'm in game!
    Tindale111StjerneoddTokkenmalikhigh1978SomeHumanKyleranJimbobausqoma
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    To me, the real launch happened last January. They can call this the "launch", but without a server wipe, really it's just a game update.
    BruceYeePhryGolelorn
    --------------------------------------------
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Maybe it's time I finally give this a try. Is it good? I've heard good and bad, but not since the EA launch.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I played the game and enjoyed it, reached a level i wanted and then stopped for a bit. Went back to old faithful, path of exile, but i will definitely be back at somepoint. I like the idea of having mobs attack your base. I play on single player only and drop bases where i please, but now, my main base will be full of archer thralls.

And the combat was the worst thing about the game so hopefully it is fixed.

Cryomatrix
    Valdheim
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • zigalucardzigalucard Member UncommonPosts: 144

Zeppel80 said:

I can't get too excited about a game where my base gets wrecked when I'm logged out. I have enough trouble securing my stuff when I'm in game!

Private owned servers really helped with this, found a good server with set raid times and raid etiquette rules, ended up getting some good fights. Really depends on the admins enforcement and how active they are on the server.
    Alexander.BSovrathAlomarTokkenValdheimKyleran
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I don't know if there will ever be a perfect answer to pvp and building and destroying,i think the genre is just bad imo,Yeah it's fun to build stuff for awhile but that gets old fast ,especially if having done it before.
    IMO it would be way more if there were actually a GAME with content than just bases and pvp.
    By that i mean do some scripting,create races that wander and attack bases and players work together instead of fighting against each other.
    Perhaps even some type of security that wanders and will attack thieves or assaulting people.

Then i have to ask if it would be fun at all if nothing could be destroyed?So you see there is a fine line and imo too tough to do it just right to make everyone happy.

Also my opinion is that this was a VERY weak attempt to create cash flow,very similar to other developers and landmark using an example.There was never any intent on building a complete or HQ game,only a quick cash grab as all these type games get most of their sales in the first 2-3 weeks.
    There is little money now,so expect more partnered hype all about nothing and not a game you can say is HQ.Point being gamer's should be able to know what to expect by now,MUCH better games will release finished.
    Lazarus71

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

DMKano said:

Looking at steam charts - they lost 90% playerbase since steam launch, hopefully official launch will recover some of those numbers.

I stopped playing after about 10-12 hours due to bugs and crashes but I plan on going back once it's fully released to check it out again because I did have some fun. It probably is the best of all the open world survival type games (which isn't saying much tbh) and worth your time if your into this type of game, esp. if you can get it on sale for $20 or less.
    [Deleted User]Phryd_20

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

DMKano said:

Looking at steam charts - they lost 90% playerbase since steam launch, hopefully official launch will recover some of those numbers.

Well they lost me because I purchased the game from a reseller without knowledge it had Denuvo once I found out how this impacted multi-tasking, and performance I totally uninstalled and wiped my drive.

I hope the numbers continue to decline because the decision to have Denuvo in such a game when "Rust" or many of the other games do not have it is an issue.
    RexKushmanBruceYeeAlomarzigalucardPhryKyleranJemAs666
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

Renoaku said:

DMKano said:

Well they lost me because I purchased the game from a reseller without knowledge it had Denuvo once I found out how this impacted multi-tasking, and performance I totally uninstalled and wiped my drive.

I hope the numbers continue to decline because the decision to have Denuvo in such a game when "Rust" or many of the other games do not have it is an issue.

Denuvo is the reason I don't play Injustice 2 and I really #$%^ wanted to play that game and this one but oh well.
  • BcudaBcuda Member UncommonPosts: 164
    So when this game is official. The devs want people to buy it and play it. Without a server wipe? Are they kidding? My server we are the Alpha and can wipe all who join if we want . Why would someone want to join a game where most of the players are maxed out already? Maxed and nubs... WIPE THE SERVERS IF YOU WANT NEW PLAYERS.
    AlomarAndistotle
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    I hope they go on sale again BEFORE launch gets here!! Dang, missed the x-mas sale on this one!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584
    edited February 2018
    Here we go BOIS! Get ready for nothing of interest.
    thighhighs
  • malikhigh1978malikhigh1978 Member UncommonPosts: 45

Zeppel80 said:

Then perhaps you could try out a PvE server, one that doesn't have gods activated, one that isn't quite so busy, or perhaps a constrained raid schedule. There are plenty of options, but you can't expect the world to take a break while you go about life. It is what it is.
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    game developers and publishers must really think we are nothing but a bunch of thrulls. 
    Kyleran
  • AndistotleAndistotle Member UncommonPosts: 124
    To me, the real launch happened last January. They can call this the "launch", but without a server wipe, really it's just a game update.
    but they will wipe everything before launch. All official servers will start fresh on launch day

Alomar
  • RoReaverRoReaver Member CommonPosts: 5
    Fast travel? Hope that can be turned off on servers to get more immersion going.
    pantaroAlomarTokken
  • ValdheimValdheim Member RarePosts: 614

RoReaver said:

Fast travel? Hope that can be turned off on servers to get more immersion going.

That's the only thing that worries me too (a little). But as everything is optional in the serversettings I think you just need to find a server where it's turned off. The traveling was a big fun factor for me and my friends. It was like "Guys where are we heading today? We are out of sulfur! All right lets pack our bags for a sulfur farming trip" and off we went to journey full of magic, friendship and ... rubberbanding wolves! ;D
    Alomar
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    I thoroughly enjoy this game already. I am pretty excited to see what the future holds. 
    [Deleted User]Alomar

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    I liked this game a lot but when I went back to play it a few months ago the official server stability was awful. Has that changed any in recent history?
  • mikeb0817mikeb0817 Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Don't waste your time or money on this one, unless you are a die hard Conan fan. Dark and Light has much more to offer, a currency system, towns with vendors and rentable homes (until you build your own)...
    AlomarTokken
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• nottykidnottykid Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Here is my question- have they re-balanced explosives?
    When the game came out, it was relatively easy to get explosive jars once you were even a little established and 1 explosive jar would wipe out several stone building blocks.
    The problem with this dynamic is that making an explosive jar is so easy that using it has little determent meaning players would just blow up "new player" bases with these without regard to actually raiding (either for fun or just to make them leave that spot) and the inverse could not be said, building even stone structures is rather time consuming.
    TDLR: Is it still easier to get the components to blow up a base than it is to build one?
  • wgc01wgc01 Member UncommonPosts: 241
    I played it for a while liked what I seen and where they seem to be going with it now I am going to take a break and wait for official launch so I am not burned out.