Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maguss Set to Hit Open Beta Tomorrow - a Mobile Location-Based Game of Magic - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageMaguss Set to Hit Open Beta Tomorrow - a Mobile Location-Based Game of Magic - MMORPG.com News

Maguss is an up-and-coming mobile location-based multiplayer RPG that is preparing to hit open beta on Saturday, February 17th. Maguss combines location-based action with a wizard's wily spellcasting in semi-turn based combat. Players draw glyphs to unleash powerful spells to take out monsters in PvE or other players in PvP.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Another stupid game to cause accidents or worse to unwary people. What are Devs thinking?
    bobbymcswansonXarkoGdemami

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• ZaqirZaqir Member UncommonPosts: 55
    I think instead of blaming the devs...blame Stupid people for being stupid?
    SovrathCrazKanukPanther2103NibsbobbymcswansonXarkojerkbeastThunder073ValdheimCazrieland 5 others.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    We already know people are stupid , we dont need to give them tools to prove it .
    pupurun
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Avanah said:

Another stupid game to cause accidents or worse to unwary people. What are Devs thinking?

Well the developers are not to blame, I mean I saw a car flip over in front of me because one driver was playing pokemon go and hit a red light...

Can't blame the developers who make a fun game and someone decides to be stupid like obviously you only play when you are standing still crossing the road you pay attention go across then play.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Renoaku said:

Whoa!! A mobile game with a fucking wand?!?!? Next.... Level.... Geek!! Do want! 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

edited February 2018
    So do we think people will stoip in the middle of a road to cast a spell?
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Renoaku said:

Avanah said:

Well the developers are not to blame, I mean I saw a car flip over in front of me because one driver was playing pokemon go and hit a red light...

Can't blame the developers who make a fun game and someone decides to be stupid like obviously you only play when you are standing still crossing the road you pay attention go across then play.
    I have to disagree because everyone knows people are going to be stupid, you just can't fix that. Because of that the developers are just as responsible as the people being stupid.  Absolving the developers of any culpability is just wrong.

jerkbeastCazrielGdemamiManWithNoTanSamhael

Ozmodan said:

Renoaku said:

Avanah said:

I have to disagree because everyone knows people are going to be stupid, you just can't fix that. Because of that the developers are just as responsible as the people being stupid.  Absolving the developers of any culpability is just wrong.

Well every invention can be used wrong including AR games, they aren't mean't to be but the same thing can be said about Guns, Knives, and Pressure Cookers, as well as even power tools and batteries one wrong move with them and someone gets hurt.

Do we blame the inventers of these items?

Sovrath
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Ozmodan said:
    Renoaku said:

Avanah said:

Nah, I agreee with Renoaku, people are always going to be stupid about everything. But yet we still have so many things that can cause harm if not used correctly.

If we followed your thinking we wouldn't really have much.

People need to start taking responsibility for their own failures. You know, like in the "olden days". stop blaming others for their mistakes.
    ManWithNoTan
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Sovrath said:
    Ozmodan said:
    Renoaku said:

Avanah said:

Nah, I agreee with Renoaku, people are always going to be stupid about everything. But yet we still have so many things that can cause harm if not used correctly.

If we followed your thinking we wouldn't really have much.

People need to start taking responsibility for their own failures. You know, like in the "olden days". stop blaming others for their mistakes.
    But that might make them feel bad for their mistakes. Don't want that to happen!
    jerkbeastManWithNoTan
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Ozmodan said:
    Renoaku said:

Avanah said:

So lighter and match manufacturers are responsible for arson, power companies are responsible for electrocution, knife manufacturers are responsible for cuts and stabbings (accidental or otherwise), vehicle manufacturers are responsible for accidents, alcohol manufacturers are responsible for all the stupid shit people do when drunk, water companies are responsible for bathtub and swimming pool drownings... do you see just how stupid your reasoning is yet? If not, I can keep going. 

I'm tired of this bullshit idea that people aren't responsible for their own actions, their own words, their own irresponsibility, their own lack of common sense, and their own ignorance and stupidity. If you purchase and use a product outside of the guidelines established by the manufacturer, the law, and common goddamn sense, any misfortune which occurs as a result of it is on YOU. Period. 

The concept of depriving people of something because a very small subset of idiots might misuse it is completely abhorrent. 
    bobbymcswansonDarkliarGdemamiManWithNoTan

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• NibsNibs Member UncommonPosts: 287
    If it's irresponsible for devs to make games like this because people are stupid, what does that make gun manufacturers?
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Nibs said:
    If it's irresponsible for devs to make games like this because people are stupid, what does that make gun manufacturers?

Murcan! It ain't Murcan't, son! ;P

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568
    I'm an IGG contributer and have played Maguss for well over a year now.

The game is an absolute blast. I play it more than Pokemon GO (which I still enjoy). The PvE is a thousand times more engaging, and the PvP is just incredible fun, requiring significant strategy.

I highly recommend giving it a go tomorrow.
    Phry[Deleted User]
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited February 2018
    I like the idea but this really screams to be done with AR glasses. It's even presented as if looking through AR lenses at times. I will give it go.

Wait... 24 hour alpha key $28.00? No thank you.

Apparently the beta is free but the web site is asking for money for a 24 hr key. Two packages left to buy but can only be found on the kickstarter site that has a note that donations are separate from packages. No links found to buying packages on their main site even with two links are mentioned.

Very confusing just on looking this over.
    Post edited by Octagon7711 on
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    great, cant wait to see idiots " dueling " while they drive

DrunkWolf said:

great, cant wait to see idiots " dueling " while they drive

/me sticks wand out the car window...

Wonder what people's reactions would be...

The game needs a legal disclaimer on it before launch just so they can say it was there.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Nibs said:
    Difference here the purpose of video games isn't getting people killed. Guns are designed to kill. 
    Oyjord[Deleted User]
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Sites says they're out of wands.  Will have to wave phone I guess.  Expelliarmus!!!  :smile:
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ValdheimValdheim Member RarePosts: 614
    I consider thit as another tool for natural selection and therefore support the devs ;)

But on a serious note, with good AR glasses (which are still to come) and full AR support, games like this could get interesting but until then it's just like in Renoakus videopost
    When the cops see me walking the streets with a wand...

Wonder if walking with a wand and playing Pokemon go while walking will be considered a crime.
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419

Ozmodan said:

Renoaku said:

Avanah said:

Yup. And court's agree with you. This is why there are warnings on hammers "Use Safety Glasses". Not only are people stupid, but they will sue over their stupidity and demand others pay for it. Who knew you could get a hammer wrong? But apparently somebody did and now hammers sold in the US have a warning label. I guarantee you, hammers were not brought into the world with warning labels.
    Ozmodan
  • Hashcow101Hashcow101 Member UncommonPosts: 105

Cazriel said:

Ozmodan said:

Renoaku said:

Avanah said:

Yup. And court's agree with you. This is why there are warnings on hammers "Use Safety Glasses". Not only are people stupid, but they will sue over their stupidity and demand others pay for it. Who knew you could get a hammer wrong? But apparently somebody did and now hammers sold in the US have a warning label. I guarantee you, hammers were not brought into the world with warning labels.

Maybe when a mother gives birth or the lab grown baby is done with it's current nutrition cycle, they should start slapping warning labels on humans saying "Warning May Be Stupid Use Extreme Caution When Handling"

"May Your Head Explode And Blood Swell From The Wound"
    - Hashcow

• lerwenlerwen Member UncommonPosts: 34