Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for a game for a super casual that i can make friend on.

teflenteflen Member UncommonPosts: 6
hello everyone long time mmo player here (15+ years). i am looking for an mmo that is decently populated that i can play at a semi casual level and not feel like im left super behind. i played world of warcraft for many years but just do not want to be commited to a raiding schedule in order to be geared or even relevant. i also played alot of runescape which i really enjoyed because the "afk" aspects of some of the skills but overall i am just tired of it (been playing it a few years now)

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Elder Scrolls Online?

You can craft your own gear which is actually pretty decent.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • teflenteflen Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Sovrath said:
    Elder Scrolls Online?

ive often thought about eso that 1st person combat tho......i played it in the beta a long time ago im sure things have changed
  • cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    FFXIV is pretty solid if you like the style. GW2 is also good and worth a look. If you want gameplay a bit different than the usual you could try Eve Online, they are still friendly to 'newbros'.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2018
    I will list my personal fave options.
    First of all most every game will feel just like Wow,except FFXi.

Eq2 an exact replicate of Wow has housing and mercs to hire and at level 100 now you can get free gear that is quite good to play casual,do solo dungeons or even heroic dungeons.

FFXI imo has the best class designs of any game "official servers".It used to my best go to game but when it became that same Wowish nonsense end game crap,i quit and went to play private servers.There is a "Darkstar"private server,i forget name of it,my memory is short but you can use a NPC which is decently strong to tank for you,albeit there are other npc choices,a Healer mage and i think a couple others.

Offcial FFXI even though end game is nonsense,is still an amazing casual game to play if you have never played it before.Tons of stuff to discover/do and my personal fave being Besieged but you need a decent level for that.

I wil make a claim that official server FFXI is by far the best casual game because you  can make an entire party out of NPC's and it is even sort of fun discovering them.Add in a pet class and/or another NPC fellow quest line and you have tons of options to solo if so desire.

Otherwise next option is EQ2,a game i am playing right now but can be sort of cash shop heavy if really want to enjoy it but totally not needed,well sort of is lol.Example to hire a merc anywhere in the field you'll need to spend a small amount of DBC to unlock that choice,otherwise you have to run around to get a merc again.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    If you want to just sit in chat and talk to people a phone game would be an easy solution.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
    If you want to just sit in chat and talk to people a phone game would be an easy solution.
    im a semi casual i play 3-4 hours a day that would kill my phone
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Have you tried Guild Wars 2?
    UngoodNepheth

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    Have you tried Guild Wars 2?
    no i really havnt not in a few years atleast i played it for about 6 months at release mainly because WvWvW was awsome how is the pve now?

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    World of Warcraft
  • CIB3CIB3 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    edited February 2018
    You can try War Thunder, a Planes + Tanks combat simulator.
    War Thunder is now mature and very populated. 
    The game have a lot of nations: US, Russia, UK, Germany, Japan, Italy (only planes) and recently was added to game France (planes and tanks). 

If you want, please use my "invite friend link":

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_7798015

(to use it click the link and make your account)

Excellent game for casual fun. Really worth a try!
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    teflen said:
    Sovrath said:
    Elder Scrolls Online?

ive often thought about eso that 1st person combat tho......i played it in the beta a long time ago im sure things have changed
    So just play in 3rd? It has both.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Gw2 end game gear non legendary is easy to get, WvW is mad fun 24-7 on the top servers.
    Sto ship fighting pve is fast and fun joystick and keypad recommended.
    Rift mounts housing fun building a combo of class-skills you like, 3/8 classes u can mix.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'm casual and jump around on these games.  ESO, GW2, The Division, Destiny 2.  They are pretty flexible and separate PvP from PvE meaning you can PvP when you feel like it that day.  Don't have to craft unless you want to.  Good story lines, imo.  I've found the most friendly players in GW2 but have not had any problems in the others.  My top pick would be GW2.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Yah.. GW2 is pretty much what you want, but don't get too involved, it has end game things like raids, and what have you, that can make it casual unfriendly.. but.. the good side is, that you don't have to do that content.. to play and enjoy the game.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Rogal_UrsonRogal_Urson Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Warframe-Robotic Space ninjas. Can stop and start pretty easily. And it's Free to Play.

• JaimlJaiml Member UncommonPosts: 130
    I'll echo GW2.

Very casual friendly.  Lot's of things to do solo.  I've meet tons of great people over the years.

I'm on a break from it now, but the wife still plays every night.  I'm sure I'll be back,
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    teflen said:
    hello everyone long time mmo player here (15+ years). i am looking for an mmo that is decently populated that i can play at a semi casual level and not feel like im left super behind. i played world of warcraft for many years but just do not want to be commited to a raiding schedule in order to be geared or even relevant. i also played alot of runescape which i really enjoyed because the "afk" aspects of some of the skills but overall i am just tired of it (been playing it a few years now)
    Shit man! After reading the title of your post, 2 games came out from my mind : WoW & Runescape ( without reading your post ) . Imagine my reaction after I readed it lol .

Anyway, you are wrong about WoW. You can be very relevant without raiding. When was the last time playing it ?

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    teflen said:
    Sovrath said:
    Elder Scrolls Online?

1st person is just there for that single player ES fan fix but it's not how most play it. It is first and foremost a 3rd person game just like all other MMOs. 
    cjmarsh
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    I'll echo the sentiment that ESO, Guild Wars 2, and WoW are the big 3 when it comes to highly polished, casual-friendly theme park MMOs. I think pretty much everyone stays in 3rd-person for combat in ESO, but I'll admit it's immersive to switch over to 1st-person in town, at least to me. I will also say that you don't need to raid at all in WoW to have semi-raid-level gear. The numbers were so inflated this expansion that just questing and doing World Quests will get you up to ilvl 930ish at max level. The latest patch actually put in a form of zone scaling so that mobs throughout zones will scale to your level to keep the questing experience more interesting, too. 
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    teflen said:
    im a semi casual i play 3-4 hours a day that would kill my phone
    I play with my phone plugged in most of the time, but I guess it depends where you are at while playing.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • Pr3sid3ntSkr00bPr3sid3ntSkr00b Member UncommonPosts: 53
    bonzoso21 said:
    I'll echo the sentiment that ESO, Guild Wars 2, and WoW are the big 3 when it comes to highly polished, casual-friendly theme park MMOs. I think pretty much everyone stays in 3rd-person for combat in ESO, but I'll admit it's immersive to switch over to 1st-person in town, at least to me. I will also say that you don't need to raid at all in WoW to have semi-raid-level gear. The numbers were so inflated this expansion that just questing and doing World Quests will get you up to ilvl 930ish at max level. The latest patch actually put in a form of zone scaling so that mobs throughout zones will scale to your level to keep the questing experience more interesting, too. 
    You left out FFXIV. I actually believe that is bigger than a few of the big 3 you listed(maybe idk for sure but prolly close).  FFXIV can be easily played casually due to not having to entirely reroll a new toon when wanting a change of pace due to their class system.  

I like WoW n GW2, weird thing is that everywhere I go people recommend GW2 but when I log it seems a bit empty.  Mayeb because the payerbase is so splt up doing WvWvW or sPVP, im not quite sure.
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    a lot of friendly people in Champions online :)
    People still play this game? :)
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    I think funnest MMORPG right now is Darkfall New Dawn... launched couple months ago but the world is huge so it doesn't feel like its very populated until you join an active clan or something.

Playing all day every day doesn't really get someone ahead because of offline mediation skill gains... so basically you just need to play occasionally and stay subbed to reach "endgame" status. This is so there is no real issues with player-gap between new players or older players. In a few months you will be on par with most everyone else, regardless of how much you play for the most part. There are some hardcore grinders that get ahead from killing mobs but not very far ahead... mostly would just get nicer gear, the casual players has little to worry about when it comes to catching up. You can join an active clan right away and participate in everything that they do for the most part... being new will not make you worthless by any means. Every persons build is unique now as well which sure makes things interesting.. if you choose spec in a craft of any kind that sure is a big deal. Crafting makes your character stronger in other areas too, but like I said you cannot have it all like the previous versions of the game. Check it out and play it now before its too late.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• climbscoldingclimbscolding Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    If you enjoy the genre, Final Fantasy XIV delivers. In the same vein, GW2 is excellent and should not be missed. If you're tired of the same old MMO grind and are looking for something fresh, you may want to check out Eve Online happy wheels game