Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Is Blizzard Inviting Former Warcraft 3 Pros to Anaheim? Warcraft 3 Remastered? - MMORPG.com New

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageWhy Is Blizzard Inviting Former Warcraft 3 Pros to Anaheim? Warcraft 3 Remastered? - MMORPG.com News

A new post has cropped up on the World of Warcraft Reddit that seems to indicate that something is in the works for Warcraft 3. Several former professional Warcraft 3 players and current streamers are seeking visas to come to the United States from Russia and the Ukraine. Players named "Happy" and "Hawk" have been streaming from Serbia where they are working with US officials to obtain a visa as quickly as possible.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,501
    WarCraft 4! Shadows of the lost Gods! Seems like a good title
    Kootur

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    I hope WC3 remastered isn't announced before D2... Warcraft 3 is still perfectly playable on modern computers.
    IceAgeFrodoFraginsThunder073Xingbairong
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Even Wow from day 1 i said that game looks like crap and i was playing FFXI at the time so that says a lot about how bad that Warcraft engine is.
    So that brings us to the topic of remastered,no question that would make ANY of the Warcraft games look better,i mean how could it not.So do i care about a remaster or a new Warcraft 4?

Well i'll say i actually enjoyed the Warcraft movie,so if they could forget all their lazy gimmicks like Esports and leagues and selling cards and heroes and make an actual HQ game i might consider a W4 to be exciting news.

However,every single last game in Blizz's portfolio to me is crap,not worth my time,so if it is a remaster,not interested at all,if a HQ Warcraft 4 game better than what i have seen them do,then yes it could be exciting.
    CelciusThunder073exile01

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 531
    We're in the age of remasters. WC3 isn't even as bad visually as a lot of modern games. If this is true, I'll just loose a little more respect for Blizz.
    XarkoAlomarThunder073exile01
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,115
    Well , then Grubby must be there.

Also , I agree with a poster above , that D2 must come first then W3. Unless, Blizz will announce the next game in Diablo franchise ( aka D4 , aka WoD ) :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    More likely WC4 I would think.
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    RTS genre is dead. Warcraft 4 would need to be an open-world RPG, and that's never going to happen.

Remaster is a huge possibility, although if it's anything like Starcraft, it will turn out to be a massive disappointment as well. They really need to do way better.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    They've already remastered Starcraft 1, so it stands to reason this could be a remaster that will include mobile/tablet support. I'd LOVE to see WC4, but I have a feeling that will come after.

Once done, and we KNOW they're working on more than 1 Diablo-based project, perhaps they'll remaster Diablo and Diablo 2.
    [Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    josko9 said:
    RTS genre is dead. Warcraft 4 would need to be an open-world RPG, and that's never going to happen.

Remaster is a huge possibility, although if it's anything like Starcraft, it will turn out to be a massive disappointment as well. They really need to do way better.
    The RTS genre isn't dead it just hasn't had a big release in a long while. I still know quite a few people playing SC2 religiously, and when the remaster of SC1 came out my entire friend list was playing that. 

We just need something to come out and bring a big boost to the genre again, like Street Fighter 4 did with modern arcade fighters. 
    Thunder073
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    edited February 2018
    My guess is it's not a WC3 remaster. I mean, why fly in pros from different countries just to show them in secret how pretty the game will look with updated visuals? To me it me makes more sense to have these guys give feedback on features, gameplay, ui, etc. This is what makes me think and hope that it's a WC4 prototype.
    Thunder073Liljna

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Should remake Warcraft one and two
  • 6stack_Chris6stack_Chris Member UncommonPosts: 118
    I think WoW kind of makes it difficult to make a new RTS in that timeline without hindering WoW or expansions/stories. Blizzard would have a difficult time making a new RTS in that universe without spoiling story, but also keeping units and game play interesting.

My thought:

A Warcraft 4 game, based around the Argus/Draenei and Sargeras world conflict. Both sides had some cool advanced military units, they had air vehicles etc. You could make a pretty sweet RTS with multiple factions just like Warcraft. Draenei, Burning Legion, Void Stalkers could be your first 3 factions (Based on what we know now). And the RTS can tell the story from all 3 stand points, just like Starcraft 2 did, along with give us more back story of what really happened on Argus.

That is my idea of a Warcraft 4.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    Did Blizzard run out of new ideas for games?

Oh wait, they never had any, my bad.

;)
    gervaise1IceAgeBruceYeeLackingMMOPatsurikuKootur

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,501

josko9 said:

The RTS genre isn't dead it just hasn't had a big release in a long while. I still know quite a few people playing SC2 religiously, and when the remaster of SC1 came out my entire friend list was playing that. 

We just need something to come out and bring a big boost to the genre again, like Street Fighter 4 did with modern arcade fighters. 

how about a open world RTS-RPG game?

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342
    What? More E-sports crap? :p
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Bliz-Activision new style would indicate one or more of the following ..
    - Mobile
    - Agressive f2p monetization
    - Esports
    BruceYee
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    I dont think they want to screw up the WarCraft RTS like they did with StarCraft 2, so i dont think they will ever make a WarCraft 4 RTS, they will most likely take the easy road and make a WC3 remastered.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    It i a Warcraft 3 remaster, similar to how they are also working on a Diablo 2 remaster. Personally, Warcraft 3 is the only remaster I am interested in. I don't really think Diablo 2 is worth a remaster as there are far better games to play in that genre now. It is not a game that has aged well.
    [Deleted User]
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Celcius said:
    It i a Warcraft 3 remaster, similar to how they are also working on a Diablo 2 remaster. Personally, Warcraft 3 is the only remaster I am interested in. I don't really think Diablo 2 is worth a remaster as there are far better games to play in that genre now. It is not a game that has aged well.
    *gets popcorn and waits for the D2:LoD fans to rage* :D
    gervaise1[Deleted User]Celcius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

edited February 2018

Torval said:

SBFord said:

Celcius said:

I was going to take the opportunity to state how much better I like Diablo 3 than 2 and how much better a game it is, but I didn't want to ruffle feathers and rattle the salt shaker.

I'd put my list sort of like this at the moment:
    Diablo 3
    Victor Vran
    Grim Dawn
    Titan Quest (just a more interesting world to me)
    Diablo 2

I think D2 is a good game. There are more interesting ARPG now.

I pretty much agree with your list and it's order, but I would put PoE on top myself. Grim Dawn and especially Victor Vran are very underrated games if you ask me. Those games are fantastic. (The reason I say especially VV is because I think Grim Dawn does get some attention)

Diablo 2 just has a ton of dated systems at this point. The itemization is very oldschool, in that the most interesting gear pieces don't have cool procs or anything, but instead generic +skill upgrades. The gameplay has not aged super well, especially considering you used 1 skill almost 100% of the time in that game. The potion system was super lame, spam potions until you run out then town portal and refill / rinse and repeat. Probably the worst thing about that game though is that end game was....Baal runs over and over forever. Not that any of this was bad, it was a fantastic game back then.
    [Deleted User]
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Whether it's WC3 remaster or WC4 I'm in 100%.
    CelciusThunder073rodingo
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897

Wizardry said:

Even Wow from day 1 i said that game looks like crap and i was playing FFXI at the time so that says a lot about how bad that Warcraft engine is.
    So that brings us to the topic of remastered,no question that would make ANY of the Warcraft games look better,i mean how could it not.So do i care about a remaster or a new Warcraft 4?

Well i'll say i actually enjoyed the Warcraft movie,so if they could forget all their lazy gimmicks like Esports and leagues and selling cards and heroes and make an actual HQ game i might consider a W4 to be exciting news.

However,every single last game in Blizz's portfolio to me is crap,not worth my time,so if it is a remaster,not interested at all,if a HQ Warcraft 4 game better than what i have seen them do,then yes it could be exciting.

welcome to my ignore list - you are a broken record and a bitter person
    Thunder073

Wizardry said:

welcome to my ignore list - you are a broken record and a bitter person

Yeah, that guy is just trolling. I put him on ignore as well.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Torval said:
    SBFord said:
    Celcius said:
    I was going to take the opportunity to state how much better I like Diablo 3 than 2 and how much better a game it is, but I didn't want to ruffle feathers and rattle the salt shaker.

I'd put my list sort of like this at the moment:
    Diablo 3
    Victor Vran
    Grim Dawn
    Titan Quest (just a more interesting world to me)
    Diablo 2

I think D2 is a good game. There are more interesting ARPG now.
    Divine Divinity.  Probably the best ARPG from that era and probably the least played and recognized.  I guess it didn't help that the name was kind of lame ...
    Quoted for truth. I also just didn't 'get' Victor Vran. I recognize its qualities but it just doesn't click with me. I'll suggest an older game called Harbinger though, Sci-Fi ARPG which hardly anyone knows about, I loved it.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• DvalinDKDvalinDK Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Please Warcraft 4 game.
    With loot boxes like in Hots.

Loot boxes should only contain Skins for your army.
    And each race can go lvl like in Starcraft 2.

Mix RPG with RTS and it would be perfect !!!!!!!!