Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After 'Fixes' to Server Issues, Problems Persist - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageAfter 'Fixes' to Server Issues, Problems Persist - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

Black Desert Online News - Over the course of the last several days, some Black Desert Online players have been experiencing disconnect issues from the North American service. BDO personnel were "working closely with the NA service provider" to resolve the issue that seemed to come to a resolution after about an hour. However, players in the official thread on the server problem seem to believe that this is an ongoing issue that was not solved by the recent change to a new server host.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    They can't be bothered to fix their servers but they sure make cash shop stuff their #1 priority to the point they bring down the servers just to fix one item in the cash shop!

And people support this company..
    MikehaRyuushima
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

DAOWAce said:

They can't be bothered to fix their servers but they sure make cash shop stuff their #1 priority to the point they bring down the servers just to fix one item in the cash shop!

I think you are being unfair in the scheme of things BDO does not have a really bad cash shop. Finding a MMO which does not put cash shop before everything else, well I think that passed years ago. But give me a subscription only MMO any day.
    AlomarRyuushima
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    DMKano said:

Scot said:

DAOWAce said:

I think you are being unfair in the scheme of things BDO does not have a really bad cash shop. Finding a MMO which does not put cash shop before everything else, well I think that passed years ago. But give me a subscription only MMO any day.

The sheer number of different things in BDO's cash shop that make BDO way better is the thing - heck not even ArcheAge has this many different options to spend money on:

1. Value pack -$15 a month the 30% market sales break is a lot of money for people that constantly sell stuff like me - also +16 slots on all characters and all storage places is worth $100s of dollars if you expanded it all individually for someone that has 15 characters like me

2. Artisan memory - need I say more? Anyone who is enhancing boss or yellow gear - gonna be spending a TON on artisan memory as it give 4x recover durability per mem frag. Players spend a fortune on Artisian memory end game - this is the real cash cow of BDO

3. Pets - tier 4 pets to be exact for - if you are one shot-killing for max farming five t1 pets will be missing a lot of loot - again 100 bucks at least

4. Boost outfits - for fishing, horse training, diving, anti desert debuff, camo - if you get all of them so you get all the +life boosts - over $100

5. Appearance slots - a full set gives bonuses to combat XP, durability reduction, etc... $30 per outfit

6. Inventory expansion - if you are AFK fishing for max profit - you need max inventory slots - which is 194 slots total = you can unlock about 60something in game- the rest you have to buy for $130

7. Weight limit increase - on our main grinding character - you want this above 1000 - gonna cost you about $50

8. Storage slot expansion - once you have mad CP and you have your slave labor empire - you will need a ton of storage in each city - get ready to spend $100s to have enough space for all resource materials

9. Recently added - oh you want max energy regen - every 2 weeks need to buy a kama book for +2 energy regen

10. Want to earn S rank knowledge while AFK - buy cash shop bookshelves and earn 1 S rank per hour without any grinding. The bookshelves wear out after about 30 uses - so you will need to keep buying them

11. Training horses? Get ready to drop a fortune on skill resets

12. Campsite - storage, repair, shop and villa buffs at your grind spot - no need to run to town - only $50

etc.... and the list goes on and on

BDO is designed to have almost every system in game be crippled just enough to where it's a pain - and that pain can be relieved by spending in the cash shop ;)

Bottom line - talk to veteran players in BDO - ask them what their monthly spending is on BDO - you will find that many of them are in the $150-300 per month
    What is there to do in the game that is fun enough to justify all of these expenses?
    Alomar

• borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    DMKano said:

Scot said:

DAOWAce said:

The sheer number of different things in BDO's cash shop that make BDO way better is the thing - heck not even ArcheAge has this many different options to spend money on:

1. Value pack -$15 a month the 30% market sales break is a lot of money for people that constantly sell stuff like me - also +16 slots on all characters and all storage places is worth $100s of dollars if you expanded it all individually for someone that has 15 characters like me

2. Artisan memory - need I say more? Anyone who is enhancing boss or yellow gear - gonna be spending a TON on artisan memory as it give 4x recover durability per mem frag. Players spend a fortune on Artisian memory end game - this is the real cash cow of BDO

3. Pets - tier 4 pets to be exact for - if you are one shot-killing for max farming five t1 pets will be missing a lot of loot - again 100 bucks at least

4. Boost outfits - for fishing, horse training, diving, anti desert debuff, camo - if you get all of them so you get all the +life boosts - over $100

5. Appearance slots - a full set gives bonuses to combat XP, durability reduction, etc... $30 per outfit

6. Inventory expansion - if you are AFK fishing for max profit - you need max inventory slots - which is 194 slots total = you can unlock about 60something in game- the rest you have to buy for $130

7. Weight limit increase - on our main grinding character - you want this above 1000 - gonna cost you about $50

8. Storage slot expansion - once you have mad CP and you have your slave labor empire - you will need a ton of storage in each city - get ready to spend $100s to have enough space for all resource materials

9. Recently added - oh you want max energy regen - every 2 weeks need to buy a kama book for +2 energy regen

10. Want to earn S rank knowledge while AFK - buy cash shop bookshelves and earn 1 S rank per hour without any grinding. The bookshelves wear out after about 30 uses - so you will need to keep buying them

12. Campsite - storage, repair, shop and villa buffs at your grind spot - no need to run to town - only $50

BDO is designed to have almost every system in game be crippled just enough to where it's a pain - and that pain can be relieved by spending in the cash shop ;)

Bottom line - talk to veteran players in BDO - ask them what their monthly spending is on BDO - you will find that many of them are in the $150-300 per month, and I am yet to find any hard core player that spends under $50 a month

When people talk about BDO's cash shop they are talking about "well it's not so bad as doesn't provide direct and clear power - like selling weapons"

But IMO - BDO's cash shop is more insidious - as it keeps player spending way more money than if they could just buy BIS gear - because you'd buy it and be done and never spend money again.

BDO - nope designed to where you just keep spending - forever, and you don't even get the end result you want because of insane RNG on top of RNG.

The solution is clear - never use the cash shop as it's an endless money pit, but sadly so many fall for it - and you read these stories of players who after finally quitting BDO realize that they've wasted thousands of dollars for nothing.

BDO thrives on impulse spenders

Nailed it, and I always recommend people to play Archeage over BDO for this very reason. 
    [Deleted User]
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    several days! i got a good laught! it's been like this since months!
    Alomar
  • hydrax9hydrax9 Member CommonPosts: 2
    The servers have been fixed and century link and cox have had issues with leaseweb since at least 2002. Just because other things dont have issues but bdo does doesnt mean anything. If you think otherwise you dont know anything about how the internet works and the only thing youre a victim of is your own stupidity. If you dont like the game dont play but instead people want to cry and throw fits like they are 2 years old.
  • markh777markh777 Member UncommonPosts: 150
    I was given a loyalty key for this game...at first I was liking it then the lag....OMG the freaking lag....now for comparison I can play Eve online in a fleet battle with no lag so this is plain ridiculous...tried ticketing it and was given a hocus pocus fix that did nothing....told my guild..I am done...when it takes close to 10 minutes just to click an accept quest button....thats when I pass
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

DMKano said:

Scot said:

DAOWAce said:

Bottom line - talk to veteran players in BDO - ask them what their monthly spending is on BDO - you will find that many of them are in the $150-300 per month

What is there to do in the game that is fun enough to justify all of these expenses?

If you just want to play casually, you can easily get by with the $15 a month value pack. You can even buy the value packs, along with outfits, pets, and some other things off the marketplace with in-game currency. If you're looking to play hardcore and/or be competitive in PVP however, you'll quickly find that you need to spend money. Actually, if your main focus is being competitive in PVP, my advice would be to find another game.

As for the server stability, yeah it's been pretty spotty. I had 2 or 3 disconnects yesterday alone, and in between disconnects there were periods of bad lag.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

DMKano said:

Scot said:

DAOWAce said:

Bottom line - talk to veteran players in BDO - ask them what their monthly spending is on BDO - you will find that many of them are in the $150-300 per month, and I am yet to find any hard core player that spends under $50 a month

When people talk about BDO's cash shop they are talking about "well it's not so bad as doesn't provide direct and clear power - like selling weapons"

But IMO - BDO's cash shop is more insidious - as it keeps player spending way more money than if they could just buy BIS gear - because you'd buy it and be done and never spend money again.

BDO - nope designed to where you just keep spending - forever, and you don't even get the end result you want because of insane RNG on top of RNG.

The solution is clear - never use the cash shop as it's an endless money pit, but sadly so many fall for it - and you read these stories of players who after finally quitting BDO realize that they've wasted thousands of dollars for nothing.

BDO thrives on impulse spenders

At First I was thinking BDO was going be much more fair I was wrong. The funny part there still top YouTuber bashing Arche Age for their cash shop but still push people to go play BDO.
    DMKano said:
    Forgot another way some spend a ton in BDO - the fastest way of making silver in game:

Every week you can sell 5 cash shop items and get in-game silver

5 premium outfits = $150 per week

this will net you about 170million silver per week instantly without grinding a single mob

So every month you can spend almost $600 and make ~800 million silver

And yes any premium outfit posted in the auction house sells immediately.

Well when I played I did not feel the need to spend the sort of money you are talking about, but I saw how you could spend if you wanted to.

I suppose I look for P2W first and foremost, I don't look for PfM ('pay for more' shall we call it). It is a tricky one but for me if you are not buying to win, the cash shop is better.

Items which speed up levelling are P2W for me, so the likes of the Pet that collects drops or items which mean you can return to base less often fall into that category. But they have nothing on the likes of levelling and PvP boost potions, that's top tier P2W.

The grey area is does having more resources/in game gold etc mean you are levelling faster or able to do PvP better? In BDO I don't think so.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

DMKano said:

Forgrimm said:

DMKano said:

Scot said:

DAOWAce said:

If you just want to play casually, you can easily get by with the $15 a month value pack. You can even buy the value packs, along with outfits, pets, and some other things off the marketplace with in-game currency. If you're looking to play hardcore and/or be competitive in PVP however, you'll quickly find that you need to spend money. Actually, if your main focus is being competitive in PVP, my advice would be to find another game.

As for the server stability, yeah it's been pretty spotty. I had 2 or 3 disconnects yesterday alone, and in between disconnects there were periods of bad lag.

While you can buy value packs and outfits from the auctions house - dont expect to do so easily.

Ive camped auction house for a week to get 1 outfit.

Value packs? Forget it, Ive bid on them hundreds of times - am yet to successfully purchase one.

If there was a way to place a reserve bid on cash shop items.... oh but no, you must be actively playing to bid on them.

So again the system of winning a bid for cash shop items is so frustrating to most - many just spend money and buy direct from cash shop after they cant take losing bids anymore.

In the last 2 months I've gotten 2 value packs, a pet, and a premium outfit/weapon set for my warrior off the MP. The outfit was easy, probably because warrior isn't very popular. I only lost 2 or 3 auctions before I won one of them. The value packs are tough, in the process of winning 2 of them I've lost about 200 bids. Same with the pet.
    DMKano said:
    Scot said:
    DMKano said:
    Forgot another way some spend a ton in BDO - the fastest way of making silver in game:

Every week you can sell 5 cash shop items and get in-game silver

5 premium outfits = $150 per week

this will net you about 170million silver per week instantly without grinding a single mob

So every month you can spend almost $600 and make ~800 million silver

And yes any premium outfit posted in the auction house sells immediately.

Well when I played I did not feel the need to spend the sort of money you are talking about, but I saw how you could spend if you wanted to.

I suppose I look for P2W first and foremost, I don't look for PfM ('pay for more' shall we call it). It is a tricky one but for me if you are not buying to win, the cash shop is better.

Items which speed up levelling are P2W for me, so the likes of the Pet that collects drops or items which mean you can return to base less often fall into that category. But they have nothing on the likes of levelling and PvP boost potions, that's top tier P2W.

The grey area is does having more resources/in game gold etc mean you are levelling faster or able to do PvP better? In BDO I don't think so.

In game currency is KEY to being able to compete in PvP - because to enchant each boss armor to TET it costs on average 1.5 billion silver

Armor:
    Muskan/Urugon tet - 1.5 billion
    Dimtree chest tet - 1.5 billion
    Bheg gloves tet - 1.5 billion
    Giath helm - 1.5 billion

Weapons
    Kzarka tet - 1.5-2 billion
    Kutum/Nouver tet - 2billion
    Dande tet - 2+ billion

Not even gonna go into accessories as each will cost over 5 billion

So as you can see you will need massive amount of silver end game to be on par with end game PvP players
    I started doing these for my avatar and just used money from playing, no selling cosmetics or anything. The names escape me now but I was on PRI? I see what you are getting at to get to top tier you would need untold gold. So its quite P2W but in a delayed fashion, this raises issues in some of the kick-starters coming up. What has been called P2B pay-to build, may be all about setting up whales to upgrade gear after launch.
  • Life2vLife2v Member UncommonPosts: 12
    edited February 2018
    They just lying about server fix thing ....