Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Development Updates

Comments

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Babuinix said:
    Wizardry said:
    Update...

More ships for sale,more work going into cash shop than the game.

Everything is FOR SALE but guess what,you do not own that purchase just a license to use it as CIG sees fit...have fun.
    Salty & Ignorant remarks wont close those open wounds, understanding crowdfunding & game development might help though.

Around the Verse - The Vulcan Hello

Fail to see how it’s being salty and ignorant by pointing out the truth lol
    Darkpigeon
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Wizardry said:
    Update...

Everything is FOR SALE but guess what,you do not own that purchase just a license to use it as CIG sees fit...have fun.
    Salty & Ignorant remarks wont close those open wounds, understanding crowdfunding & game development might help though.

Indded Salty & ignorant folks have a confused perspective of what the truth of crowdfunding & game development.

It's one of the main reasons of said salt & ignorance.

Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Wizardry said:
    Update...

Indded Salty & ignorant folks have a confused perspective of what the truth of crowdfunding & game development.

So your argument is to just repeat yourself over and over again?
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Relentless boosterism!  Identity marketing.   Rose coloured glasses.  

Repeat the slogans until you believe!!  Pretty sure that's what Chris does.

Hey, we'll hear the same things repeated next year, and the next, and..... etc

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Wizardry said:
    Update...

So your argument is to just repeat yourself over and over again?
    You salty goon sa fud clearly don't understand rhetoric devlopment.
    Babuinix is repeating things that have never been repeated before, creating new typing tech as he does so. He has a vision and yes 2011-2018 was the time necessary to build a thought device, the real convo will start soon™.
    Get cry-rekt, noob!

DarkpigeonKefo
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Development might be as slow as humanely possible but here's a new ship for sale!
    If you buy it we'll speed up the development of our ship sales.

ScotchUp

..Cake..

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    After the Aurora rework that already released, the 2nd main starter ship of SC is also undergoing a similar update: https://streamable.com/ulh4q 
  • ArillixArillix Member UncommonPosts: 88

Did I see that right (@ 1:40) the Orion and Banu Merchantman is clearing white box, and moving to grey, if so, oh yea. 

Darkpigeon
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Vulcan looks like something made by Lakon in Elite....

And lol at hobo Lando weebling around like some shifty salesman, what a fucking tool.
    kikoodutroa8sgel
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    Arillix said:

Did I see that right (@ 1:40) the Orion and Banu Merchantman is clearing white box, and moving to grey, if so, oh yea. 

@ 11:59 

hu? A $200 starter ship?

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

edited February 2018

Reverse the Verse - Gameplay Systems and AI

Youtubevangelism
    @Turrican187,

Starter, as in career type, not as late game as the Reclaimer, Starfarer,  and such.
    Where is it written it has to be bought now?
    Not sure how many of you played Freelancer, it was NOT hard to make the money for new ships.
    Hell, fighting rogues and xenos in the new york system could make thousands of creds with all the guns and such to sell.
    Star Citizen will most likely be very similar.
    Plus add all the missions, making money in game should be fairly brisk.
    ErillionBabuinix
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Arillix said:
    @Turrican187,

Starter, as in career type, not as late game as the Reclaimer, Starfarer,  and such.
    Where is it written it has to be bought now?
    Not sure how many of you played Freelancer, it was NOT hard to make the money for new ships.
    Hell, fighting rogues and xenos in the new york system could make thousands of creds with all the guns and such to sell.
    Star Citizen will most likely be very similar.
    Plus add all the missions, making money in game should be fairly brisk.
    Pure speculation that making money will be brisk.
    I seriously doubt it though... considering ship progression is the only progression the game has, they aren't going to make it that easy.

..Cake..

edited February 2018
    I think that new support ship is a initial "jack of all tools", it's not specialized (as good to put it simply) but it can do multiple things, as refueling, repairing and so.

I think lies on much on "I want to do this activity but I don't want a big ship that requires a crew of players and/or AI.", just like the mining solo ship they introduced, before the Prospector mining required owning the colossus that the Orion ship is.
    edited February 2018
    @sgel,

Well going by the space trucking videos on youtube, people are making up to 1,000,000 in aUEC in one cargo run. The commodity type and ship cargo cap. play a big role, however is very doable.
    When more commodities come online, and more places to sell them at, plus mining and salvage, profits will be super.
    May not be to far of a stretch.

Post edited by Arillix on
    Babuinix
    sgel said:
    I seriously doubt it though... considering ship progression is the only progression the game has, they aren't going to make it that easy.
    Player is an avatar not a ship, even in this early version player's progression is already measured in the gear/clothing they buy/wear not the ships they fly....
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:
    Player is an avatar not a ship, even in this early version player's progression is already measured in the gear/clothing they buy/wear not the ships they fly....
    I wouldn’t really call putting on a white shirt instead of a blue shirt player progression.
    JamesGoblin
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited February 2018
    Arillix said:
    @sgel,

Well going by the space trucking videos on youtube, people are making up to 1,000,000 in aUEC in one cargo run. The commodity type and ship cargo cap. play a big role, however is very doable.
    When more commodities come online, and more places to sell them at, plus mining and salvage, profits will be super.
    May not be to far of a stretch.

During Alpha the progress speed is usually either not balanced at all, or increased so that people can play around and test different things.

The aUEC earning speed doesn't tell us any more than that the final game will have a mechanism for earning money through those activities.
    Rhime

Babuinix said:
    sgel said:
    The ships players buy with real money? Sounds like a great progression system!
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Vrika said:

During Alpha ....
    I am pretty sure, 4 years ago you said that exactly same sentence.  4 years later, here you are again.

Anyway , do you think you will change your sentence in another 4 years starting from today? Lol.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

edited February 2018
    Vrika said:
    During Alpha the progress speed is usually either not balanced at all, or increased so that people can play around and test different things.

The aUEC earning speed doesn't tell us any more than that the final game will have a mechanism for earning money through those activities.
    Yeah this will face balancing over and over again, through the alpha, beta and even after release.

Hell we saw GW2 rebalancing its game base game systems that determine earning rates years after it released, I don't think there will be a moment where it will be final and that's it.

The biggest pass on earning rates will come when the ability to start buying ships with aUEC arrives, likely we'll see "low-tier" content being scaled up in rewards temporarily to even it out.
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:
    I wouldn’t really call putting on a white shirt instead of a blue shirt player progression.
    If you are a player that prefers white to blue it's progression. Also, If you put heavy armour on top of that blue shirt, add a sub-machine gun, grenades and a plasma canon I'd call that progression.
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:
    The ships players buy with real money? Sounds like a great progression system!
    Everyone can walk inside and out of any ship available ingame, they can pilot it themselves, lend it to friends or have it stolen if they are not careful.

Players are avatars, not vehicles. That's why a 20$ package backer can have fun walking/piloting/stealing/destroying all the ships available now and in the future without putting a cent more.
    Amen.