Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile - Chatting the Bestiary and 2017’s Success with Chris Wilson - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imagePath of Exile - Chatting the Bestiary and 2017’s Success with Chris Wilson - MMORPG.com

2017 was a massive year for Grinding Gear Games and Path of Exile. Touting more players than ever before, the online Action RPG seems to keep growing at an impressive rate. We chatted with GGG’s Chris Wilson after our recent preview of the upcoming 3.2 Bestiary Challenge League update to talk about the game’s ongoing success and what keeps it fresh after so many years.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Not impressed with the sound of this Pokemon crap!!
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I agree the dev studio is a class act and even the p2w in very low however ARPG's are just trash gaming.Fun messing around with builds for a few months then the genre is so boring,i rather watch Golf.
    unfilteredJW[Deleted User]UkurvCelcius

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TnTizzTnTizz Member UncommonPosts: 39

Wizardry said:

I agree the dev studio is a class act and even the p2w in very low however ARPG's are just trash gaming.Fun messing around with builds for a few months then the genre is so boring,i rather watch Golf.

p2w?
    [Deleted User]
  • RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 577
    There is absolutely nothing P2W about POE. Its the single best example of Free To Play in gaming history honestly. The only thing you can argue effects gameplay is stash tabs and even those they give you 6-8 I think starting out for free. Other games like Marvel Heroes gave you 1. The game was started by 3 guys in a garage in New Zealand and they took big boys like Blizzard to task with their little indie game that could. Probably the best and most ethical game company I've seen as of late. I've give them over $4000 over the past couple of years, not because I had to, but because I felt they deserved it for all their hard work and I wanted to support a company by gamers for gamers. It used to be that way, it no longer is, so I'll throw more money than ever at companies that conduct themselves like GGG. Its not a perfect game, they have made mistakes for sure, but they've always strived for the best they could do. I'll support them in this game and any others they make if they ever do. GG, Crate (Grim Dawn), CDPR, and a few others are doing it the way it should be done, the way it used to be.
    Tsiya
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Raagnarz said:
    There is absolutely nothing P2W about POE. Its the single best example of Free To Play in gaming history honestly. The only thing you can argue effects gameplay is stash tabs and even those they give you 6-8 I think starting out for free.
    Yeah I'd say stash tabs are pretty necessary for people that play a lot - but that's not asking a lot.
  • DiscipledOneDiscipledOne Member UncommonPosts: 103
    It makes me sad when I see how much effort GGG has put into this and D3 seems to get absolutely nothing from Blizzard. I think that D3 is the better feeling game, but POE is definitely way better supported and has better character cusomization
  • SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 543
    Wizardry said:
    I like PoE. Also like golf though. Sounds like it just isn't for you. Same for me when it comes to first person shooters, but that doesn't mean it is trash gaming. My time and opinion probably aren't worth as much as yours, so I suppose that is why I am not as critical about what other people like.
    [Deleted User]Tsiya
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Chris Wilson better than Jay Wilson.
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Interesting idea with the zoo. However now I want a prison with humans / humanoids to torture using various tools and devices. Rewards should be scaled to intensity of the torture and its length (assuming the subject didn't die in the process which result in failing mission).

It's all start with animals - right?...

Thank you for your time!

• titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263

3dom said:

Interesting idea with the zoo. However now I want a prison with humans / humanoids to torture using various tools and devices. Rewards should be scaled to intensity of the torture and its length (assuming the subject didn't die in the process which result in failing mission).

You sound demented...I think you need to look into human rights frankly...
    3dom
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    edited February 2018
    From what I'm seeing, I'm not too excited about the league mechanics itself. But the ascendancy revamp was especially needed (Elementalist Witch has been trash tier since Panthons), and new skills look interesting, especially the spectral throw/frost blade shield throw, that could very easily be the next meta depending on how well it can be scaled.
    [Deleted User]Raagnarz
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889

3dom said:

You sound demented...I think you need to look into human rights frankly...

Why would I care about human rights (especially pixel human rights) when even US government approves torture? (see Abu-Ghraib videos)

Thank you for your time!

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    Looks awesome! Glad they are trying something pretty unique and interesting! Super hyped! GGG nailing it, as usual.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I updated my client this morning, might give it a go this afternoon.  Need to do some research on leagues and what carries over, etc.
  • DeadTreeNDeadTreeN Member CommonPosts: 3
    edited February 2018
    Aye. Financial success after the scheme of constantly killing players builds for item shop luring succeeded.
    This is like to call using a nuke over a farmers - great success because it worked as expected.