Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tencent & Four Other Investors Bring $131.6M to Kakao's Coffers - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageTencent & Four Other Investors Bring $131.6M to Kakao's Coffers - MMORPG.com News

Kakao has received a huge influx of investment dollars thanks to five companies providing over $130M in revenue. Subsidiaries of Tencent will contribute 50B Won each as will South Korea's Netmarble. Actozsoft will provide an additional 20B Won, Bluehole Studio and Premier Growth-M&A PEF will each add 10B Won bringing the sum total to 140B Won or $135.6M USD.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Sounds like they're trying to get in on the PUBG money.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

cjmarsh said:

I think they're publishing it with Bluehole/Kakao in China or something along those lines. This could be good money spent for AIR too.
    cjmarsh[Deleted User]wingood

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299

cjmarsh said:

I think they're publishing it with Bluehole/Kakao in China or something along those lines. This could be good money spent for AIR too.

Oooh I didn't realize they were doing AIR, that makes a lot more sense. Good news for the game too.
  • HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    why are they investing? There is nothing to milk there anymore?!?!
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    In return of how many % of shares? I wonder how long till Tencent gets both PUBG and Fortnite under their belt.
  • oriya9oriya9 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    "In addition, Kakao is hoping to publish Actozsoft's "Dragon Nest" in Q1 2018."

Wait, what? Dragon Nest? In 2018? Really? Isn't this game almost a decade old?
    Are we talking about a sequel or something? Can someone please clarify?
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

oriya9 said:

Maybe Dragon Nest 2. I remember when it got announced over a year ago and have not heard anything since.

• oriya9oriya9 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Mikeha said:

oriya9 said:

Maybe Dragon Nest 2. I remember when it got announced over a year ago and have not heard anything since.

I will look it up. Thanks :)