Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kingdom Come Deliverance, too good to be true ?

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    immodium said:
    Vrika said:
    immodium said:

From my understanding is when given a quest you have a time limit to do it. If you go do it instantly the NPC will be happy with you. The longer you leave it the more annoyed they become till eventually they'll just do the quest with out you. So unlike ES games where you get given a quest and you can leave it and do it when ever, you can't in this game.

For me that sounds more like a living world.
    That also sound like that content besides main story is more limited: They wouldn't do optional content to distract you for dozens of hours and then introduce time limits to steer you away from all that and finish the game faster.
    It's only limiting if you decide to just do one play through.
    Yes, but I doubt they'd build the game like that.

Of course this is all just speculation. We'll see what it is soon enough.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited February 2018
    A PVE sandbox! 

Now will you guys leave mmorpgs to people who like interacting in all always with other people?
    Viper482
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    bcbully said:
    A PVE sandbox! 

Now will you guys leave mmorpgs to people who like interacting in all always with other people?
    No
    TheelyCaffynatedAlBQuirky

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    ikcin said:
    MaxBacon said:
    This is what I like, the large mainstream audience is captivated by instant gratification and casual play, others like the simulation and realism, the simulation and realism of things to me (what you'd call boring) captivates me on this type of games.

This is why I say this game is only for some people, it might look shiny and all but it is a simulator and that is prioritized on how the game flows.

And what is that realism when your eyes are 20 inches ahead from your head? And all you see are two fists with weapons. Maybe you are some alien? Or maybe you played too much FPS, ES and very old games like the first Heretic - RPG with first person view if you wonder. I mean, well they made very realistic environment, so why they did nothing about a realistic melee combat and VR. Where is your body, legs, shoulders, nose, maybe even peripheral vision?

Every modern developer who uses a first person perspective like this in KCD is lazy or incompetent. That kind of VR is made in 90s. Now in 2018 it is broken and outdated.

From the point of view of realism any first person view is going to beat out anything else simply because it comes closer to our real world perspective. It is of course not a perfect simulation, due to limits in technology, but it is certainly more realistic than any third person view will be.

I'm playing a game released just recently, Kings and Heroes, that offers a choice of first and third person play. It is way more immersive in the former compared to the latter, as the point of view better mimics what I would see if actually exploring the game environments.

As it turns out, even after 20 years, first person is always the most realistic perspective, and will remain so until we evolve so that our eyes are floating behind and above us. Most playable perspective... well, that is another issue entirely.
    cjmarsh
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Thinking about buying it but I like my RPG to have magic systems. 
    PhryAlBQuirky

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    ikcin said:
    MaxBacon said:
    This is what I like, the large mainstream audience is captivated by instant gratification and casual play, others like the simulation and realism, the simulation and realism of things to me (what you'd call boring) captivates me on this type of games.

This is why I say this game is only for some people, it might look shiny and all but it is a simulator and that is prioritized on how the game flows.

And what is that realism when your eyes are 20 inches ahead from your head? And all you see are two fists with weapons. Maybe you are some alien? Or maybe you played too much FPS, ES and very old games like the first Heretic - RPG with first person view if you wonder. I mean, well they made very realistic environment, so why they did nothing about a realistic melee combat and VR. Where is your body, legs, shoulders, nose, maybe even peripheral vision?

Every modern developer who uses a first person perspective like this in KCD is lazy or incompetent. That kind of VR is made in 90s. Now in 2018 it is broken and outdated.

From the point of view of realism any first person view is going to beat out anything else simply because it comes closer to our real world perspective. It is of course not a perfect simulation, due to limits in technology, but it is certainly more realistic than any third person view will be.

I'm playing a game released just recently, Kings and Heroes, that offers a choice of first and third person play. It is way more immersive in the former compared to the latter, as the point of view better mimics what I would see if actually exploring the game environments.

As it turns out, even after 20 years, first person is always the most realistic perspective, and will remain so until we evolve so that our eyes are floating behind and above us. Most playable perspective... well, that is another issue entirely.
    I actually find third person more immersive/realistic. The way fp view works on a computer screen does not come close to the visual awareness of real life. Third person gives you a much wider and more natural field of view and sense of movement.

cjmarsh
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    Looks an Elder Scrolls rip off.
    AlBQuirkyViper482
  • beebop500beebop500 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Ofc I haven't played it, but have watched quite a few videos (yes, including the most recent ones, from the studio) and it just looks....kinda slow.  Idk.  Enemy AI appears to be rather stupid, and the first-person combat reminds me of Elder Scrolls, and not in a good way.

I could be wrong, and this could turn out to be a great game.  I do like magic and dragons, but the realism expressed in this title may just be a major draw for lots of people.  That being said, I certainly won't be dropping $60 on it.  I'll wait until it's been out for a bit and I can watch some updated gameplay videos.  My (early) opinion is that this looks like a great idea, but the execution is pretty raw.  Time can change that, though.
    "We are all as God made us, and many of us much worse." - Don Quixote
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Kabulozo said:

With no magic and only one playable human character. 
    AlBQuirkyViper482

edited February 2018
    Metacritic score is currently 7.4
       http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/kingdom-come-deliverance

Based on reviews it looks like it's too good to be true right now, but something that might get fixed in the future.

• cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Vrika said:
    Metacritic score is currently 7.4
       http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/kingdom-come-deliverance

Based on reviews it looks like it's too good to be true right now, but something that might get fixed in the future.
    I'm not so sure at the moment, the review score seems skewed and highly opinionated by sites I haven't heard much about.
    YashaX
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    Kabulozo said:

With no magic and only one playable human character. 
    Which is pretty boring, I love magic, or at least hybrid magic/warrior builds ES offers.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Just released yesterday....... Overall not too good !

This according to YouTube reviewers that have been playing 10 to 30 hours in.  Steam message boards are full of questions because things don't make sense. 

Overall from research findings, I would say wait for a sale !  

Many bugs- Horses get stuck everyplace in the game.  Fighting two NPC's at once you auto lock on to one, when you release, you find you re-autolock.  Controller is hard to use archery, yet M/KB hard to lockpic and hand to hand combat is not near as good.

Annoying- The realistic situations don't always make sense of how the player would perceive them.  Realistic Jail time is too long.  Not good to be stealthy and sneaky, Often NPC's hate you even when seemingly getting away with the crime.  Aggravating and repetitive announcement's when your hungry.  Timed quest have to be done instantly or they auto complete without you, the consequence's may or my not be favorable.  Tutorial is 5 hours long before your let into the open world (some say good, others bad). 

Good news-Game seems to be longer than I expected.  World is smaller than Skyrim, but more content jammed into a smaller space. However the open world could be lacking wildlife and situations (most content happens in towns).  Some are loving it because of deep micro managing.  

Overall- I stopped watching and reading..... It's a wait-and-see, if at all !!!
    YashaX
    Just released yesterday....... Overall not too good !

This according to YouTube reviewers that have been playing 10 to 30 hours in.  Steam message boards are full of questions because things don't make sense. 

Overall from research findings, I would say wait for a sale !  

Many bugs- Horses get stuck everyplace in the game.  Fighting two NPC's at once you auto lock on to one, when you release, you find you re-autolock.  Controller is hard to use archery, yet M/KB hard to lockpic and hand to hand combat is not near as good.

Annoying- The realistic situations don't always make sense of how the player would perceive them.  Realistic Jail time is too long.  Not good to be stealthy and sneaky, Often NPC's hate you even when seemingly getting away with the crime.  Aggravating and repetitive announcement's when your hungry.  Timed quest have to be done instantly or they auto complete without you, the consequence's may or my not be favorable.  Tutorial is 5 hours long before your let into the open world (some say good, others bad). 

Good news-Game seems to be longer than I expected.  World is smaller than Skyrim, but more content jammed into a smaller space. However the open world could be lacking wildlife and situations (most content happens in towns).  Some are loving it because of deep micro managing.  

Overall- I stopped watching and reading..... It's a wait-and-see, if at all !!!

Part two of this: 
    Had time early this morning to watch the review below and more steam post. 

I like this guy, watched many of his reviews in the past.  He has the ability to take a poor game and turn them positive by going into detail..... He covers everything from part 1 above.  He seems to nail all the controversy between lovers and haters clash in steam post, but with video as prof where written rebuttals have no strength.  

After watching this video, I believe him !......It comes down to only bugs, and M/KB vs. control pad.  

It seems to come down to this: 
    It simulates real life and you have to play by developers rules, Here's a few examples. 

-Steam question, why is hunting illegal, that's silly ?... Well its the kings rules for that region. 
    -Lock on targeting sucks... Press the shift key to disengage. 
    -Combat too hard... Other than tutorial, you have to train with another teacher for hours. 
    -Why can't I get away with stealing?... Because you have to sell your goods in a different town. 

It's still a wait-and-see, maybe a price reduction. Both go hand in hand :)  

Here watch this ! 
  • GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Its a bit too realistic for my taste.
    AlBQuirky
    Golelorn said:
    Its a bit too realistic for my taste.

Understandable, 
    It's like packing up the wife and kids to go to Walmart to buy shampoo simulator game :)
    AlBQuirky
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Just watched a bunch of streamers and saw a couple things i do not like one especially being a goofy auto map feature that looks like cartoons from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
    For the life of me ,i cannot figure where their team went wrong,i mean they go for this all out realistic game then add in auto travel and it's not even in game auto travel it is the overland map idea.

Then this pick from choices dialogue is old and  i don't really care for it.The combat is way too boring for me and this pick from 6 target areas does nothing for me because the AI is simply going to block or hit based on it's settings although you can have a perfect block which is kind of again unrealistic as you get a riposte with a perfect block.

Then some of the scenarios are again unrealistic,like i have these weapons so why am i fist fighting..bah.The story telling is often zzzzzzz,two faces on screen pick your choices and just listen away into a sleep.

However the game overall is imo one of the better choices out there if you are into sword and chivalry gaming,i a m not.
    delete5230

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    edited February 2018
    I've caught a few streams of this on twitch. It has some awesome features, like how one's actual appearance effects dialogues and is beautiful to see, but it suffers from me, AlBQuirky, using AlBQuirky's skills for my character. *I'M* the one swinging the sword with the correct (or more likely incorrect swing). *I'M* the one trying to pick the lock. Other games I play and enjoy have this to a degree, but KC:D does this to extremes.

Also, you save the game by either sleeping in a bed you own/rent, or buying "save potions" for ungodly amounts. I see lots of "lost hours" happening here.

*I* suck. No interest in playing "me" in a video game :)

I do hope it does well. The two steamers I watched were very positive about the small development team that worked on this game. It sounds like they are passionate about the right things, not "just more money."

[edit]
    PS: Also! Skills get better by USING them, not some arbitrary "level up" crap :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Kabulozo said:
    There is nothing "elder scrolls" rip off about this game.
    AlBQuirkybartoni33YashaX
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    AlBQuirky said:

Also, you save the game by either sleeping in a bed you own/rent, or buying "save potions" for ungodly amounts. I see lots of "lost hours" happening here.

You can craft them as well so that could save you money.

AlBQuirky

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

edited February 2018
    Wizardry said:
    Just watched a bunch of streamers and saw a couple things i do not like one especially being a goofy auto map feature that looks like cartoons from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
    For the life of me ,i cannot figure where their team went wrong,i mean they go for this all out realistic game then add in auto travel and it's not even in game auto travel it is the overland map idea.

Then this pick from choices dialogue is old and  i don't really care for it.The combat is way too boring for me and this pick from 6 target areas does nothing for me because the AI is simply going to block or hit based on it's settings although you can have a perfect block which is kind of again unrealistic as you get a riposte with a perfect block.

Then some of the scenarios are again unrealistic,like i have these weapons so why am i fist fighting..bah.The story telling is often zzzzzzz,two faces on screen pick your choices and just listen away into a sleep.

However the game overall is imo one of the better choices out there if you are into sword and chivalry gaming,i a m not.
    The auto travel is apparently not a teleport but everything goes on as you travel, it just happens quicker. Of course one can choose not to auto-travel but this is too much for some gamerz.

as far as your first sentence, you really do spout off yet know absolutely nothing.

"Monty Python" took the art design from *gasp* art design of the time. Let's look shall we!

AlBQuirkybartoni33

immodium said:
    From my understanding, when given a quest you have a time limit to do it. If you go do it instantly the NPC will be happy with you. The longer you leave it the more annoyed they become till eventually they'll just do the quest with out you. So unlike ES games where you get given a quest and you can leave it and do it when ever, you can't in this game.

For me that sounds more like a living world.
    This is my understanding, too. It's like "the world" doesn't wait on you. I saw quests fail because they did not get completed time. It may piss off a lot of people and they scream "LINEAR!!!", but it adds a touch of reality to the game. I'm so sick of "urgency" in quests ignored for the "freedom" to dungeon delve before ever getting to it.

Now, from what I saw on Twitch, there is no timer that pops up. A message may appear that says you're running out of time to complete the quest, but there is no "artificial indicator" that magically appears. I LOVE this feature!

"Help me! My daughter has been kidnapped!"
    "I'll help find her, ma'am!"
    4 days pass as "the hero" does other things, like smithing, sleeping, mining. "The hero" finally gets around to rescuing the daughter and... she's dead.
    SovrathYashaXViper482

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

edited February 2018
    Sounds good, too bad it's not multiplayer.
    This game already has mods (Nexus site) for it! I wonder if there WILL be a multi-player mod made?

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

AlBQuirky said:
    This game already has mods (Nexus site) for it and it's not even released! I wonder if there WILL be a multi-player mod made?
    It's released!
    AlBQuirky

Sovrath said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    This game already has mods (Nexus site) for it and it's not even released! I wonder if there WILL be a multi-player mod made?
    It's released!
    I realized that as I read through the thread!  :lol:

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR