Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Founder's Pack Owners to be Able to Play 24/7 Through Final Beta - Legends of Aria - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageFounder's Pack Owners to be Able to Play 24/7 Through Final Beta - Legends of Aria - MMORPG.com

Legends of Aria News - While the initial Legends of Aria beta is coming to the close, the official server, Azure Sky, will remain open 24/7 for Founder's Pack owners all the way through Final Beta. While the team reserves the right to wipe the server at any point, none are planned in the foreseeable future.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited February 2018
    Altho i will take part in the testing , and I think its good that they will allow further testing into deeper parts of the game and  are hoping for no further wipe ,  .. Hopefully tho, they implment a final wipe , so folks dont have a distinct advantage over other at launch ...
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    Scorchien said:
    Altho i will take part in the testing , and think its good that they are hoping for no further wipe , giving a chance for more in depth testing .. Hopefully tho, they implment a final wipe , so folks dont have a distinct advantage over other at launch ...
    They already said they would wipe before release

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Scorchien said:
    Altho i will take part in the testing , and think its good that they are hoping for no further wipe , giving a chance for more in depth testing .. Hopefully tho, they implment a final wipe , so folks dont have a distinct advantage over other at launch ...
    ahh good news , did not see that
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    ahh good news , did not see that
    Yes.  Founders get a 7 day headstart at launch.    That's actually a huge edge in a game like this... but better than no wipes.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Supported this game and played it for a couple days but in the end all it did was make me want to go back to Albion.

Best of luck to them though. Will probably check back after launch.
  • slurpee222slurpee222 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Make sure you try the community server Legends of Ultima! :) Its pretty great and i enjoy it more than the offical one.
  • BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255
    I played albion at launch and ended up quitting. It’s more about large scale battles and territory control. LoA is focused around smaller guild content with a wide breadth of activities.
  • BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255

Make sure you try the community server Legends of Ultima! :) Its pretty great and i enjoy it more than the offical one.

Will there be a wipe there?
  • Riot55Riot55 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    No character wipe on Legend of Ultima. Just want to reiterate, the Legend of Ultima community server is IMO 5x better than the "official" server. It plays just like UO, down to spells, skills, ore types, custom towns (and an upcoming custom Sosaria map), basic quality of life things like movable target health bars, etc. Etc. It's seriously so much nicer and closer to UO. I really want to encourage people to create a character there because I don't think you'll go back.
  • jason523jason523 Member UncommonPosts: 96
    I tried out Legends of Ultima and it definitely is better all around. Once map making is in, I'm sure it will feel more UOish.
    Riot55
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Riot55 said:
    No character wipe on Legend of Ultima. Just want to reiterate, the Legend of Ultima community server is IMO 5x better than the "official" server. It plays just like UO, down to spells, skills, ore types, custom towns (and an upcoming custom Sosaria map), basic quality of life things like movable target health bars, etc. Etc. It's seriously so much nicer and closer to UO. I really want to encourage people to create a character there because I don't think you'll go back.
    What PVP ruleset?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Small update.  

Still playing and and enjoying the game.  Made it to the end of a dungeon last night and fought some greater demon creatures which was cool.

Not sure how long my interest will be held but looking forward to logging in each night to see what my group can find to do.

And yes there are still plenty of bugs.
    [Deleted User]

Small update.  

Still playing and and enjoying the game.  Made it to the end of a dungeon last night and fought some greater demon creatures which was cool.

Not sure how long my interest will be held but looking forward to logging in each night to see what my group can find to do.

And yes there are still plenty of bugs.
    Wait,  you actually play MMOs?

Who knew? 

;)
    Slapshot1188

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Riot55Riot55 Member UncommonPosts: 49

Kyleran said:

Riot55 said:

What PVP ruleset?

It's basically the same as UO felucca.
    Riot55 said:

Kyleran said:

Riot55 said:

What PVP ruleset?

Good to know,  thx

Still playing most nights. Our group of 3 has actually now grown to 5. Some of the group started playing together back in UO so it's kind of neat.

So far I have not been PKed despite having spent the last 2 nights outside the safe areas. Some of my character slots are broken so I can't login on 2 of them.. that just leave me with my warrior and a crafter. Crafting is pretty tough as there is a high chance of failure and resource loss. But that's good in a game like this.

Have not played with magic yet. If they ever get my character slots fixed I will try one.

We have been searching for a place to build a house since Beta started and either we are doing it wrong or all the spaces are full...
    Kyleran

Oh yeah... the sever has scheduled reboots like every hour or two.  OK for Beta but they can't do that in April when they launch.

Kyleran

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Riot55 said:

Kyleran said:

Riot55 said:

What PVP ruleset?

Ah good don't have to worry about this one then...Not my cup of tea
    Riot55 said:

Kyleran said:

Riot55 said:

What PVP ruleset?

Well the key difference here is the ability to host your own game worlds.  You can build them from scratch and have whatever rules you want related to things like PvP.  Honestly I think that is where the future lays for this game.  The main game world is too small to support tens of thousands of players.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Riot55 said:

Kyleran said:

Riot55 said:

What PVP ruleset?

Riot was referring to a private shard, named Legend of Ultima, not the company servers which have a more restrictive ruleset.

Riot55 said:

Kyleran said:

Riot55 said:

What PVP ruleset?

Well the key difference here is the ability to host your own game worlds.  You can build them from scratch and have whatever rules you want related to things like PvP.  Honestly I think that is where the future lays for this game.  The main game world is too small to support tens of thousands of players.
    Does it give you a NWN vibe? Player created shards
    I haven't tried one yet.  From what I gather some are fairly serious efforts.  One is claiming to go for a 100% true recreation of UO.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I love this game. 

Joined - July 2004

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• HexipoxHexipox Member UncommonPosts: 241
    How is housing on Legend of Ultima? cuz on the official server its a badass joke .. no lockdowns, no shared account access ... oh ye the house types all look shit, where is my good old Tower?? :)