Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Northern Mirkwood Hits Update 22 Beta - See What It Looks Like - Lord of the Rings Online Videos - M

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageNorthern Mirkwood Hits Update 22 Beta - See What It Looks Like - Lord of the Rings Online Videos - MMORPG.com

If you've been waiting for Lord of the Rings Online to expand into Northern Mirkwood, you're in luck. Update 22 beta has landed for players to try out Northern Mirkwood. Thanks to YouTuber Andang, you can get a first-hand look at several locations including the Elfking's Halls, Lake-Town, Smaug's Bones, The Lonely Mountain, Erebor and Raven Hill.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited February 2018
    Seems like they are pumping out content faster than original Turbine did.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Andang always has great videos :+1:
    'Elfking' sounds a tad bit unusual, he used to be called Elvenking...
    when i listened to ff14's music system in play, i couldn't actually believe lotro had something going on for it :P
    Heh, LotRO had the music system way before FF XIV (the first, not even ARR) was only in the planning phase... :smiley:
    The fiddle is a long-awaited instrument by the composer players, since it's one of the few specifically mentioned in LoTR. Turbine/SSG skipped it so far due to the difficulties adapting it into the system.
    Looks like they finally cracked the case by splitting it apart, according to Tybur (dev) on the forums:
    There are actually currently 4 different fiddles with different sounds (only three appearances):
    Basic - plays long held notes that stop when you stop the note
    Sprightly - plays staccato notes that always finish
    Lonely Mountain - plays vibrato notes that stop when you stop the note
    Traveller's Trusy - plays pizzicato (plucked) notes that always finish.

And Lina made a comparison test to check how they sound and what kind of songs they will fit the most: https://youtu.be/1qV_M2KBakw 
    it's still the testserver, so looks a bit funny without the actual animation...
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    i didnt know they were still putting out new content for the game. good to know.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    I have a lifetime sub but I feel like I won't return until they give notice of its closure.  I came back last year to try all of the leveling content I missed, starting with Rohan.  Helms Deep was super disappointing as was the content around Gondor.  I uninstalled upon hitting the level cap. 
    Alomar
  • GeezerGaz82GeezerGaz82 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Really glad it is still pumping out decent content and bringing detailed and atmospheric places to fight your way through. I've tried other MMORPGs and enjoyed them, but for me LOTRO is the king. There was rumours of bringing hobbit golf into the game as part of the hobby system, but the only hobby available is fishing :P There is a statue of a hobbit playing golf with a goblin's head though haha
    c0796FrodoFragins
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I would love Hobbit golf! Ranks up there with dwarf tossing!