Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless - How Bless Aims to Be A Realm Reborn - MMORPG.com

Comments

• ChaserzChaserz Member UncommonPosts: 317

DMKano said:

Chaserz said:

I'm very interested in this game and believe it has great potential. I'm glad Steam is their publisher.

Steam is not a publisher - steam is a digital store front. Huge difference.

Steam will not host Bless on their servers, NeoWiz is self-publishing and self-hosting, and using steam to distribute/sell the game.

Which changes nothing for my interest in this MMO. I wish it well. Do you?
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Given that EA characters won't be removed the game its not an open beta, the game is launched when it hits steam early access.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I finally took some time to look around and see some of the game.
    VERY typical SPAMMY combat,archers shoot ridiculously fast ,might as well lump BDO combat into this,KR's just love their visually unappealing spam and i don't like that.

This producer worked on Lineage,so expect similar pvp.

Personally idc if there are sieges,cool stuff all over,the combat alone is just ARPG type spam,so i won't be playing it.Now of course there has been talk that Aeria dropped the game and supposed changes to combat and performance issues,i doubt anything will change except trying to get performance up for pvp.

My final statement,seeing how spammy archer is,i hope this guy never makes another game the rest of my life,i can't stand seeing garbage class/combat designs that look nothing like  that class should look and play.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Wizardry said:

My final statement,seeing how spammy archer is,i hope this guy never makes another game the rest of my life,i can't stand seeing garbage class/combat designs that look nothing like  that class should look and play.

Except maybe some people like such over the top fighting games, over the top fighting systems. Why in the world should "the world" revolve around you?

In any case, if you would actually take the time to understand that there is more than one way to do something you would actually save yourself time and energy and misery.

In any case, I hope the guy who made this continues working in an industry he is passionate about and that he someday wins millions upon millions of dollars and gets a rocket car made of gold.

cjmarshtruewarlordWraithoneMrMelGibson
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited February 2018
    Filbur said:
    Mostly nothing, just blank terrain, not even trees or grass. All zones have little quest areas in them, the rest is filled with empty spaces.

A few more screens:

I don't care (and prefer) some actually "open" space. For me, any game world that fills its entirety with "stuff" is robbing it's world of being a world. Looking at you Lord of the Rings Online and the difficulty crossing certain areas because mobs attack you every 10 feet.

However, I also like places to go. So if crossing those expanses lead me to a ruin or a large cave/mine then great, no issues no problems.

If however, it's just land and there's nothing but more land then that's "an issue".

If it's "questing areas" then that's just a plain issue in general, I'm done with mmorpg quests that make you run around and do very little.
    [Deleted User]AshikurotruewarlordAsm0deusLeiloniKajidourden
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556
    Back in the Russian version, and in the early Korean version. A guild had to take over an area to be able to get the best pvp gear, and only the guild leader had access to the shop. So the only way you could get the best pvp gear was to suck up to the guild leader.

This lead to massive corruption and pissed off allot of pvp players in Russia. It was a big reason why many pvp players left. I hope Neowitz changes this in the western version, or were going to have trouble.
    [Deleted User]LeiloniGeodoiditoMrMelGibson
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    tried again and the game changed quite a bit to be fair , but is still the same game , altho the new ability system is better, the are more quests and is more streamlined , only played a few levels and its was better....but imo NOT ENOUGH , it can keep u interested for a while tho , graphics are good , and the gameplay while generic has some interesting thing going for it , the pvp is messy , and some classes still need some love (cough archer ).

this "update" is far from being a real reborn not even close.

• cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Filbur said:
    Mostly nothing, just blank terrain, not even trees or grass. All zones have little quest areas in them, the rest is filled with empty spaces.

A few more screens:

With the exception of the tiling artifacts in the second picture, these kind of make me want to go exploring. One of the things I hate in modern MMOs is how hard they try to serve everything up on a platter for you. Do you really even need a mount if the next quest is always just a dozen paces away?
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499

Wizardry said:

I finally took some time to look around and see some of the game.
    VERY typical SPAMMY combat,archers shoot ridiculously fast ,might as well lump BDO combat into this,KR's just love their visually unappealing spam and i don't like that.

This producer worked on Lineage,so expect similar pvp.

Personally idc if there are sieges,cool stuff all over,the combat alone is just ARPG type spam,so i won't be playing it.Now of course there has been talk that Aeria dropped the game and supposed changes to combat and performance issues,i doubt anything will change except trying to get performance up for pvp.

I completely agree with the hate for spammy insanely fast flashy combat animations... Sadly as there is nothing out there I'll play it anyway and try to find a class that has the least of that crap.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Wizardry redundant +3 paragraphs on how he hates it = Bless has a shot at being a good game

The Oracle has spoken. XD

MrMelGibson
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    DMKano said:

There is nothing to find in the areas that have no quests or mobs.

Explore blank landscapes without a single tree, shrub, or a blade of grass????

You can get any program that auto-generates blank terrain and you will have the same exploration experience.

Also the areas that have quests... the quests are a dozens paces away. So yeah lol, Bless questing is not differrent
    I'm honestly curious, what exactly is the point of these areas with nothing in them? Are they just not finished or are they filler for some mechanic?
    cjmarsh said:
    DMKano said:

There is nothing to find in the areas that have no quests or mobs.

Explore blank landscapes without a single tree, shrub, or a blade of grass????

You can get any program that auto-generates blank terrain and you will have the same exploration experience.

Also the areas that have quests... the quests are a dozens paces away. So yeah lol, Bless questing is not differrent
    I'm honestly curious, what exactly is the point of these areas with nothing in them? Are they just not finished or are they filler for some mechanic?
    I think they just ran out of money. Neowtiz isn't a big company like their counterparts in NCsoft and Nexon. They spent a fortune in hiring Hans Zimmer to do the OST, and other weird stuff like that, but forgot to do the important stuff, like filling in the world, and optimization. 
    cjmarshLeiloniMrMelGibson
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    edited February 2018
    Eh if 80% of the world is like that, I'd have to say it's one of two things - just plain laziness, or because of an engine performance issue.  I doubt however it's really quite that % empty. 

As far as laziness... Unless their world building tools are reallly pathetic, a single modeler could scatter trees and bushes in at least a haphazard way over that entire 80% in less than a week and make it look alot different.  Not saying it'd be great but it's not hard to scatter trees, and it would indeed look better, even if it was a temporary fix until they had time to more finely craft the world.

Some games do go for view distance over density... If they have really shitty engine, they might not have had a choice.  Either way there really is no good excuse for the world to be that plain, if it truely is that plain everywhere.

Also, gamma settings or no, I'd say their lighting choices in those pics was really really bad.  Better lighting can make even bland terrain like that look more interesting.  There again maybe it's a shitty engine that cant handle better lighting with more than a couple players around.  Seeing their cities though, which look pretty good, I don't think thats all of it.  
    The horizontal progression that the director keeps talking about is the skill system. You unlock them as you lvl up. But once you hit endgame you have to keep grinding to upgrade them. 

It literally takes billions of xp get all your actives + passives at max level. When you grind on elite monsters at end game you only get a couple thousand xp a kill. The don't call Korean mmo's grind fests for nothing..lol
    [Deleted User]LeiloniMrMelGibson
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    Don't know how an OW PvP MMO with little PvE content is going to manage here, but then I don't know why people play AA, either.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    DMKano said:
    Dvora said:
    Eh if 80% of the world is like that, I'd have to say it's one of two things - just plain laziness, or because of an engine performance issue.  I doubt however it's really quite that % empty. 

As far as laziness... Unless their world building tools are reallly pathetic, a single modeler could scatter trees and bushes in at least a haphazard way over that entire 80% in less than a week and make it look alot different.  Not saying it'd be great but it's not hard to scatter trees, and it would indeed look better, even if it was a temporary fix until they had time to more finely craft the world.

Some games do go for view distance over density... If they have really shitty engine, they might not have had a choice.  Either way there really is no good excuse for the world to be that plain, if it truely is that plain everywhere.

Also, gamma settings or no, I'd say their lighting choices in those pics was really really bad.  Better lighting can make even bland terrain like that look more interesting.  There again maybe it's a shitty engine that cant handle better lighting with more than a couple players around.  Seeing their cities though, which look pretty good, I don't think thats all of it.  
    It's not laziness - it's lack of funds/time to complete the world.

If you look at history of Bless - even before the first Korean beta - the project was already late and running over budget.

The beta in KR was lukewarm so - they delayed again to put in more work.  Again delay + more money spent.

Once launched in KR - the game didn't sell as expected due to both technical and game related issues. More work + delay + more money spent.

The original launch in the west and Russia was canceled - both western and Russian publishes just didn't have any faith in product due to lots of issues.

Major delay + major money spent on "Bless Relaunch"

Neowiz tried to get new western publisher interest with reworked Bless - but they got negative feedback and requests to do a lot more work - which Neowiz refused.

Neowiz decides to self publish and use Steam to launch/sell the game.

That's where we are today.

So if you look at the amount of delays, additional work +money they spent - it's not lazieness - it's just they ran out of money and time.

If everything you wrote is true then it seems like they're just releasing it to make some money from it without continued development and maybe even support shortly after release. Looks to be another eastern shut down after 6 months game without refunds.
    Cazriel said:
    Don't know how an OW PvP MMO with little PvE content is going to manage here, but then I don't know why people play AA, either.
    Actually one of the reasons the game is successful in Japan, and why players like this game (including me) is because of the PVE content. Players often look past all the bad stuff,  because the instance dungeon system is so good. 

All lvl'ing up dungeons have a hard mode that you need to gear up. Then you have the lvl 45 dungeons and then the lvl 50 dungeons. Instance dungeons are actually interesting, and hard. 

Then you have 10 man raids.  
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibsoncheyane
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    I have no doubt that they could eventually improve their game as much as SE did with FF14, its just that it takes far more time and effort than Neowiz has put into the game. To me it sounds like mostly a marketing effort with small changes and not changing the whole core game which is what happened with FF14.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    edited February 2018
    So I guess I missed it, but what exactly sets Bless apart from all the other pretty graphics, flashly combat, 'fad for a week' MMOs that have released in the past ~5 years?

Edit: As the answers in the interview make it sounds like nothing more than another hollow KMMO with quick leveling followed by a massive grind, and a reliance on PvP for 'content'.
  • lunawisplunawisp Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Hmm, Korean game. I hope they remembered that fighting the UI more than the monsters isn't a pleasant experience. I'll give it a try if there's an 'invert Y axis' option for the camera, otherwise it'll be unplayable...

PWI take note!
    lunawisp was my peacebringer in City of Heroes. She lives on, in memory, as my gaming id
    edited February 2018
    Actually the more that I think about it. The greatest fear is where 80% of the population is either a Mascu or that new half-human, half mascu loli race.

MrMelGibson
  • MirandelMirandel Member UncommonPosts: 143
    The main priority for the game is optimization (not sure you can even call it that - there is nothing to "optimize", the code performs so badly it has to be re-written completely). How a typical Asian primitive F2P game that they create daily be so bad technically is beyond understanding!
    BruceYee
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    The game from what I can see does not have the brand strength of FF, or the budget, so I doubt they will make a new game, which is near enough what FF did.
  • vladko92vladko92 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    I agree that the world is plain, but those pictures show the ugliness of Bless, if this person has turned his shadows up, and his textures up, he could have made a lot better looking Screenshots. I play the game since it launched in Russia, and then I moved over to KR and JP version. JP version is awful... but KR version is better. The Quests are not that hard to complete, the distance is not that far. If you don't want to run yourself that much of space, you can always put it on auto-path and go to the bathroom and when you return you are the spot and awaited.

I agree that the world is plain, but that ugliness which was taken as Screenshot, has nothing to do with the beauty of Bless. The game is truly beautiful with the right Settings.
  • FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
    vladko92 said:
    I agree that the world is plain, but that ugliness which was taken as Screenshot, has nothing to do with the beauty of Bless. The game is truly beautiful with the right Settings.
    Uhm, I had everything on max/ultra while taking these screens... They show how empty and ugly the world is outside of the main quest areas. And even the livlier places have sometimes not a single NPC in them.