Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Weekend Incoming; Check Out the All Heroes & Game Modes - Overwatch - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageFree Weekend Incoming; Check Out the All Heroes & Game Modes - Overwatch - MMORPG.com

Overwatch News - Blizzard has announced that from February 16th through February 19th, folks on XBox One, PC and PlayStation 4 can check out Overwatch for free. All heroes and maps will be available to try throughout the weekend. In addition, players can take part in all game modes including Quick Play, Custom Games and Arcade. Those purchasing Overwatch will see all progress retained.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DareberryDareberry Member UncommonPosts: 12
    7 seasons there, game keeps me there like junkie, so if someone still not sure to buy it, use that free weekend to confirm that this game is a gem!
    holdenhamlet
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

Dareberry said:

7 seasons there, game keeps me there like junkie, so if someone still not sure to buy it, use that free weekend to confirm that this game is a gem!

Seriously this game basically singlehandedly restored my faith that online games can still be fun and well made.
    josko9
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    What's with this game, F2P weekend every month?

They should've just made the damn game F2P, if they have such a problem with player retention, it doesn't have the quality to be B2P anyway.

Fortnite and PUBG totally killed OW's population, and they are not even in the same genre. I can imagine it will only get worse when Fortnite gets out of the Early-Access and released in China.
  • lorddeath101lorddeath101 Member UncommonPosts: 315
    Pay to win
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,741
    edited February 2018
    DMKano said:

jakoblin said:

Pay to win

Oh you mean you have to purchase the game to be able to play and win?

I mean how far are we going to take this concept -

Grocery stores are - Pay to Eat
    Cars are - Pay to Drive
    Schools are - Pay to Learn

Earth - Pay to Live

My understanding is that you only pay for cosmetic items, so not P2W. But they do have a gambling system with loot boxes to get those items, if not for that I would say it was an excellent model for team-based multiplayer.

But the gambling is an issue. I assume its bind-on-pickup, otherwise we get into the wonderful world of "skin economies."