Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Add Shu-Zen the Divine Sentinel the Newest $25 Store Mount - World of Warcraft Gameplay Footage

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageAdd Shu-Zen the Divine Sentinel the Newest $25 Store Mount - World of Warcraft Gameplay Footage

The World of Warcraft team has good news for mount collectors: Shu-Zen, the Divine Sentinel mount is now available in the item shop for $25. He is described as

Read the full story here

Comments

• mikeb0817mikeb0817 Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Poop
    josko9
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    100% hypocrisy in effect. Heaven for bid someone buys chain mail undies, but this P2W mount is A O K . Such hypocritical garbage someof this forums users.
    Pay...to...win? How when there are probably a hundred + flying mounts IN GAME that can be purchased with in-game gold? How is this P2W? LOL...you're funny. :)
    holdenhamletSandmanjwNephethJeroKane

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Too bad we wont get it for free with a 6 months sub like in China

edited February 2018
    Dragnelus said:
    Six months sub time isn't "free" though -- $90 for 6 months so...eh. I'm going to wait for a sale and then get it. No hurry and it certainly won't be going away. :)

Again, there are hundreds of flying mounts and hundreds more ground mounts in WoW that are "free" for your time and in-game gold. This one is an optional one for people who want to shell out even more $. More power to 'em if they have the cash.
    OyjordNepheth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    lol. I'm shocked that it doesn't leave a trail of fluttering hearts. That thing is beyond sassy.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

SBFord said:

Dragnelus said:

Six months sub time isn't "free" though -- $90 for 6 months so...eh. I'm going to wait for a sale and then get it. No hurry and it certainly won't be going away. :)

Again, there are hundreds of flying mounts and hundreds more ground mounts in WoW that are "free" for your time and in-game gold. This one is an optional one for people who want to shell out even more $. More power to 'em if they have the cash.

Huh? You ok?

edited February 2018

SBFord said:

100% hypocrisy in effect. Heaven for bid someone buys chain mail undies, but this P2W mount is A O K . Such hypocritical garbage someof this forums users.

Pay...to...win? How when there are probably a hundred + flying mounts IN GAME that can be purchased with in-game gold? How is this P2W? LOL...you're funny. :)

flying is pay to win. THe problem is not one of the hypocrites who cited SoTA or other games with purchasable content are here decrying the sale.

Then omitting that wow has hundreds of p2w items, it is big area of quicksand, watch your step

Flying is not "pay to win" in WoW. Literally EVERYONE earns it if they follow the automatic quest at level 60 to go to a fly master and learn it. In addition, you can't fly on this mount UNLESS and UNTIL you've learned the flying skill IN GAME. If you haven't purchased it for the paltry sum of 250 gold which can be earned a hundred times over prior to level 60, you're doing it wrong. In fact, buying the license once unlocks flying all the way to Warlords content where flying is earned IN GAME by gaining faction reputation.

There is absolutely nothing that is P2W in the WoW cash shop.
    [Deleted User]BillMurphyOctagon7711holdenhamletOyjordConstantineMerusNephethJeroKane

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• necrolocknecrolock Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Thats a really ugly mount in my opinion, wouldnt use it even if i had it. If its pay to win or not really depends on peoples personal win conditions. For achievement hunters or mount collectors this could be considered pay to win, for people whose endgame is raids or pvp it definately isnt.

MMORPGS are usually very open games and can be played in so many different ways by different people, so what is pay to win to someone might not be to someone else and vice versa.

Personally i dont care much about this mount being added to the ingame store, but i would prefer if a game with a required paid subscription didnt have an ingame store at all. But at the same time i cant really blame Blizzard for double dipping when they can, people are gonna keep playing the game anyways. At the end of the day they are a company whose goal is to make profit.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited February 2018
    This is as pay to win as BDO's cosmetics

Not at all.
    SBFord[Deleted User]Newnanholdenhamlet

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

edited February 2018
    How is collecting 5 kodos for earning Friendly with Thunder Bluff "end game raiding" and making mounts inaccessible to everyone? You can raise a flying Pandaren dragon from an egg just by doing daily quests for a few weeks, then buy the recolors for next to nothing.

Most mounts aren't dropped in raids or dungeons and even those that are, minus the "ahead of the curve" ones at the end of every raid tier (when included) can be obtained any time. I've gotten most of my raid mounts in "old content" and zoomed through with only the RNG chance of it dropping standing in my way.

Mars_Orbital said:
    If you say so...... I haven't soiled my gaming by playing WoW :)
    Obviously. ;)

[Deleted User][Deleted User]JinxysNepheth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

For anyone who would like to learn more about mount collection, where and how they drop, which ones can be purchased for gold in game or through the Shop, here's a great guide:

https://www.wowhead.com/guide=4651/completionist-mount-collectors-guide
    [Deleted User]JinxysConstantineMerusNepheth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    seems we need a bigger bridge... these trolls can't all fit under this one.
    SBFordVrikajunzo316OyjordNephethJeroKane

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited February 2018
    seems we need a bigger bridge... these trolls can't all fit under this one.
    Don't worry, I'm sure there is a game that sells bridges in cash shop.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    SBFord said:
    Moreover, pretty sure the chainmail undies thing was about a game that's not released, meaning they're selling a bunch of stuff based on hopes and dreams more than anything else.  This mount in a decades old, successful MMORPG with a sub is a completely different situation.
    Sovrath[Deleted User]

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    This sort of thing is something I can take or leave. But there are people, and I know a few, whose principal enjoyment of the game is to collect pets and mounts. So every time one of these purchasable items is added, it's like a tax on those poor souls.
    [Deleted User]

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited February 2018
    Amathe said:
    This sort of thing is something I can take or leave. But there are people, and I know a few, whose principal enjoyment of the game is to collect pets and mounts. So every time one of these purchasable items is added, it's like a tax on those poor souls.
    I have always been of the mind that no MMORPG (save for maybe CoH, but that was a superhero genre game) has done cosmetics right.

My ideal would be to easily change aesthetics of any armor so long as it was to another aesthetic within the same armor type.  Meaning, you can't look like you're wearing chain mail and be wearing clothes, but if you're wearing cloth you can pretty much make it look like any set of clothes armor in the game at will.  I think it strikes a good balance between suspension of disbelief and aesthetic appeal.  No aesthetic would he available for purchase, but rarer aesthetics might be rewarded for achievements.
    [Deleted User]

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Well it is certainly panda-ring to a certain market, it just needs to fart pink sparkles and love hearts and wear a under aged school girl uniform oh and every time it starts to run it giggles like a 6 year old.

I weep at this puerile rubbish, well I would weep once my eyes have stopped vomiting.
    SBFordNepheth

edited February 2018

Amathe said:

I have always been of the mind that no MMORPG (save for maybe CoH, but that was a superhero genre game) has done cosmetics right.

My ideal would be to easily change aesthetics of any armor so long as it was to another aesthetic within the same armor type.  Meaning, you can't look like you're wearing chain mail and be wearing clothes, but if you're wearing cloth you can pretty much make it look like any set of clothes armor in the game at will.  I think it strikes a good balance between suspension of disbelief and aesthetic appeal.  No aesthetic would he available for purchase, but rarer aesthetics might be rewarded for achievements.

You can already do this with the transmog system that is 100% in-game only. You collect armor and weapons throughout the game that can be cosmetically applied on top of whatever armor type your class can wear.

With the exception of a few unfortunate helmet transmog items from a few years ago, Blizz hasn't added any gear appearances to the Shop. Literally everything else can only be collected in game through playing the content. https://www.wowhead.com/transmogrification-guides
    [Deleted User]MadFrenchie

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    It seems like some people automatically have a problem with articles promoting something for sale, as if we don't see ads in most of the unused space on practically every site now, anyway. Just like PC gaming peripherals, I'm sure there are plenty of readers who may be interested in buying this.

I just favorite every single mount I unlock and summon a random one every time. I've gone back and killed old content for mounts, but I'm not really big enough on cosmetics to spend the money. I have family who are, though, and I'll sometimes gift them the new ones, especially when Blizzard does something cool like give proceeds to charity.
    SBFord[Deleted User]Nepheth
  • DhaenonDhaenon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    So many Russian hackers here.
    The P2W posts are hilarious.
    SBFord
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    edited February 2018

SBFord said:

Dragnelus said:

The six months of sub-time costs $90 without a mount. If you also get a pet in addition with no increase in price, the mount is indeed free.

As you say though, there are plenty of mounts available in the game that require no additional cash outlay, so this optional purchase is no big deal.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    looks like a pandarian mount.... 25$ for that crap? ugh
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Completely optional so no problem there.

Don't want it.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Token started to drop, now shot back up thanks to this...
    [Deleted User]
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Just be glad you're not a collector in some other game that could run you 20K if you want to buy one of everything they put up for sale.  This is a bargain, if only it looked better.
    SBFord

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey