Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless - How Bless Aims to Be A Realm Reborn - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageBless - How Bless Aims to Be A Realm Reborn - MMORPG.com

Bless Online is a game that many fans are keeping a close eye on as it is in the process of its total revamp process. We had the opportunity to speak with Game Director Jae-hoon Jeon to learn more about the procedure that the team goes through and how they are planning to bring "Bless's strengths and uniqueness" to bear when it finally launches.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlvonuAlvonu Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Lets hope they can pull off a FFXIV.
    kolakolaViterzgirkusahaLeiloniwarsaber1375PhryrojoArcueidIceAgeXingbairongitchmonand 9 others.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Have they said when they plan to go to Early Access ?

..Cake..

• ChaserzChaserz Member UncommonPosts: 317
    I'm very interested in this game and believe it has great potential. I'm glad Steam is their publisher.
    ViterzgirGeodoidito
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405

sgel said:

Have they said when they plan to go to Early Access ?

This. I am getting tired of the same rehashed information so why not give us something we actually want like a damn timeline.
    Oyjord

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    You can do it!

Looking forward to it!
    [Deleted User]
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Um....the big difference between FFXIV and Bless in terms of a "revamp" is that Bless is already failed multiple times in the east, so...Good luck all the same I guess?
    Capodecina
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Best of luck, but unfortunately, I think this one will come down to brand loyalty. It takea a lot of goodwill to successfully relaunch something.

Final Fantasy is one of the most overrated ... I mean beloved franchises of all time, and can essentially sell almost anything with its namesake (I mean, how else can you explain the success of the awful FFXIII trilogy). 

Bless is... a no name eastern MMORPG with a very modest western hype train.
    LeilonihallucigenocideOyjordSamhaelGeodoidito
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Completely depends on how they monetize the game.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    DMKano said:
    Not even close

FFXIV was redone almost from scratch.

Bless - not even close, the world is the same, same classes, combat is 90% the same - it's just fixed up with more quests, changes to crafting and some combat skill changes.

Also the biggest difference - FFXIV on launch was FINISHED - Bless in current state is nowhere close to finished.

Night and Day difference

If Square Enix was given Bless - they would put another 2 years of work into it before even considering a beta - which is incidentally what every western publisher told Neowiz back when they were still talking to western publishers.

Since NeoWiz insisted on pushing Bless into western markets ASAP - and western publishers told them they wouldn't publish an unfinished game after so much bad press (failed launch the 1st go around) - this is why they are self publishing now. 

It's due to them running out of money to properly finish it, that's the ultimate reason why NeoWiz is self publishing as no western publisher would touch it in current state  with already bad baggage - so I say - buyer beware

Interesting. Is it a case of "this game works but lacks content" or "this game is a complete mess?"
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Aeander said:

DMKano said:

Not even close

Bless - not even close, the world is the same, same classes, combat is 90% the same - it's just fixed up with more quests, changes to crafting and some combat skill changes.

Also the biggest difference - FFXIV on launch was FINISHED - Bless in current state is nowhere close to finished.

Night and Day difference

If Square Enix was given Bless - they would put another 2 years of work into it before even considering a beta - which is incidentally what every western publisher told Neowiz back when they were still talking to western publishers.

Since NeoWiz insisted on pushing Bless into western markets ASAP - and western publishers told them they wouldn't publish an unfinished game after so much bad press (failed launch the 1st go around) - this is why they are self publishing now. 

It's due to them running out of money to properly finish it, that's the ultimate reason why NeoWiz is self publishing as no western publisher would touch it in current state  with already bad baggage - so I say - buyer beware

Interesting. Is it a case of "this game works but lacks content" or "this game is a complete mess?"

Honestly, I think it just boils down to not doing anything significantly different vs other f2p mmorpgs on the market, say like Riders of Icarus. I'm sure it'll have slight differences in terms of convenience but at the end of the day, it'll be more of the same. Couple that with a publisher that no one knows vs ones that people do know of. Too many negative factors internally and externally that greatly lower its chances of being a "hit" in the west.
  • tav396tav396 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    hearing the same stuff over and over with no beta date or anything smh
  • Mouloxtos85Mouloxtos85 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    I never expected to be interested in a Korean mmo but this game looks absolutely gorgeous! Pretty hyped already for this, thanks for getting that into my radar!
    Ashikuro
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    To pull off a 'Realm Reborn' they would actually have to have reworked the game, i have yet to see any evidence that they have done so, not seeing any reason to have faith in the game at this point so they will have to release it and prove to me that they have 'fixed' their game enough for me to have an interest in it, until that happens i have no intention of buying into anything they are selling.  :/
    OyjordWraithonejimmywolf
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    edited February 2018
    Doom and gloom from some posters around here.

I say , bring it on and I really really really hope, for the good of this genre , that Bless will deliver. Not too much, but...just enough.

I will take Bless any fucking time against "our Western" MMO's, such as : Ashes of Creation, Pantheon, Crowfall, Camelot Unchained , Trials of Ascension ( Actually, this is first time I hear about this game and is in top 7 . Amazing...) and so on. Yes..yes! Those are "our" top most vote MMO's on this site and "our beloved" KS games.

So yeah! Big love and support for Bless.
    Asgeir[Deleted User]truewarlordjimmywolf

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    I'd sort of written this game off as just another generic asian MMO. 

But, having seen this interview, they specifically say they'll have horizontal progression at endgame! That one feature alone makes the game worth some of my time to investigate. Horizontal progression is, in my opinion, the future of MMORPGs so I'm very happy to see it being implemented, especially in an asian MMO where the culture loves massive vertical progression. 

Here's hoping it's not F2P....or action combat.....or full of androgynous men......or jailbait......
    IceAgezanfire
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    My instinct is to doubt, but ya know what? I played ff14 at original launch and I was 100% convinced they could never make anything decent out of that steaming bowl of poop soup. Now it's arguably the best theme park on the market and proudly shines as a final fantasy game.

So I can't say never for bless :)

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• sneakerz007sneakerz007 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    MMORPG: Why did you ultimately decide to rework Bless rather than start from the ground up on a new game?

Jae-hoon Jeon: Bless is the heart and soul of our studio. We believe in the world, the adventure. While a new game isn’t out of the question down the road, Bless has so much to offer MMO gamers that we felt the need to get it just right and let players see the world of Bless for themselves.

I don't get this quote? I thought Bless is fairly new in korea. They making it sound like its an old game and when they mean new game down the road are they talking about bless 2?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    MMORPG: Why did you ultimately decide to rework Bless rather than start from the ground up on a new game?

Jae-hoon Jeon: Bless is the heart and soul of our studio. We believe in the world, the adventure. While a new game isn’t out of the question down the road, Bless has so much to offer MMO gamers that we felt the need to get it just right and let players see the world of Bless for themselves.

I don't get this quote? I thought Bless is fairly new in korea. They making it sound like its an old game and when they mean new game down the road are they talking about bless 2?
    No, he didn't understand the question or it wasn't pointed enough.

Bless is "fairly new" but when released in other areas didn't do so well.

There is a "grey" area in "start from the ground up on a new game" because on one hand it can be a "new version of Bless" like Final Fantasy 14 did or "a new game" meaning something entirely new.

He took it to mean "why did you decide to rework Bless instead of shifting to an entirely new project".

[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IzkimarIzkimar Member UncommonPosts: 568

DMKano said:

Not even close

Night and Day difference

As far as the unfinished part, you couldn't be more wrong. Even the Japanese beta could compare in amounts of content to other games, but the old version of Bless in Korea has a lot more content. There is a full capitol siege system, 100v100 battleground, 3v3 arena, world pvp with incentives to do so, a taming system with a very large scope, crazy layering of gear progression, a lot of dungeons with easy & hard mode versions, and multiple raids.

The problem wasn't content amount, the problem with the original was that a lot of the core features were just terrible. Character progression was incredibly dull, the combat was slow and felt terrible, and the game suffered from performance issues.

In the version that is live in JPN, the game still has a lot of issues. Some of the issues are big enough, that if they don't change I will probably abandon the title after 3 months "Gear Scaling." However, it has improved a lot from where it started.
    truewarlord
  • IzkimarIzkimar Member UncommonPosts: 568

Aeander said:

DMKano said:

Not even close

Night and Day difference

I don't think he has played much Bless, because he is completely off the mark as far as his unfinished remarks. The game has a lot of content. I think that the biggest problems in it's current iterations is some of the features just aren't of great quality.

The 100v100 battleground is poorly designed, gear scaling is out of control, the pet system is really fun but at the same time it is tedious and convoluted. "The way you progress your pets that is."

• OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568
    "This just in!

Crappy Korean MMO is still crappy, like it's 200 crappy Korean MMO predecessors!

Details at 11!"
  • FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
    This is how most of the landscapes in the game look like. Barren and devoid of life.

The combat and movement feels fluid and responsive, but the rest (world, crafting, quests) is just a huge disappointment.

• DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324

They announced / started working on it as far back as 2011... im sure they may be thinking about bless 2 for their own region but they still have 2 big regions to milk the first one first (NA/EU).
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Filbur said:
    This is how most of the landscapes in the game look like. Barren and devoid of life.

The combat and movement feels fluid and responsive, but the rest (world, crafting, quests) is just a huge disappointment.

What is there beyond the mountains? Are the caves or ruins or some such things?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
    edited February 2018
    Mostly nothing, just blank terrain, not even trees or grass. All zones have little quest areas in them, the rest is filled with empty spaces.

A few more screens:

[Deleted User]