Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kingdom Come Deliverance, too good to be true ?

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
Kingdom Come Deliverance, 

Do you think it will be everything it clams.  Do you think it will be filled with bugs ? 

Here's the latest video from yesterday: 

vladwwAgent_Joseph

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited February 2018
    I think it is good, I played the earlier builds of it, but I think as this game is very heavily about realism and with a very specific type of combat, that you are not to find a more casual type of gameplay, say like Witcher 3.

I'd say the biggest gripe people will have with it will be the combat and the gameplay driven by realism (not casual fun), it's not for everyone.
    laxie
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Looks good, we will know the truth when it launches, patience you must have my young blacksmith. :)
    YashaX
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Yea its gonna be a no for me dog.
    Hariken
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Somehow i missed time where the pub are full of talk about MMO and offline games talk in general gaming
    [Deleted User]
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    iixviiiix said:
    Somehow i missed time where the pub are full of talk about MMO and offline games talk in general gaming

Just something to talk about until we have an mmorpg.  For now we only have cash shops.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Was really close on backing this one on kickstarter. Problem is that I'm not interested in playing that sort of basic twitch combat so it will be a wait for sale game for me. More hyped for poe2.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It looks ok but i can't get into medieval settings anymore,i prefer Fantasy because you can do so much more although i like some of the depth this game has,i see a lot of predictable automation.
    I do appreciate that they try to make the game an authentic replication of that era.

Too bad it's medieval otherwise i would likely give it a try.
    Mikeha

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    The earlier builds were quite performance heavy, so I wonder how optimisation is like on release.

It seems reminiscent of older RPGs in many ways. It felt less polished and packaged than games like Witcher 3, asking the player to explore the systems more. The story is likely what will make it of break it.

I expect it to be a nice game in its niche genre. I don’t expect it to be a transformative game that flat out beats every other recent RPG.
    Wizardry said:
    It looks ok but i can't get into medieval settings anymore,i prefer Fantasy because you can do so much more although i like some of the depth this game has,i see a lot of predictable automation.
    I do appreciate that they try to make the game an authentic replication of that era.

Too bad it's medieval otherwise i would likely give it a try.

List of concerns in order: 

1) Very short and small game 
    2) Buggy as hell 
    3) Everything predictable  

Or it could be a gem and set a new bar.

This game is definitely the type to wait-and-see.  It could be a bad idea to jump on this one without reviews and testimonial's. 
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    If this had been a third person game, I might have bought it immediately. As is, I'll wait for reviews. First person melee combat is far too boring, simplistic, and janky. 
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited February 2018
    From my understanding, its an open world-linear game, heavily focused on a linear story. Like a very small-scale version of Witcher 3.

No having houses to decorate, no epic things to explore, no huge map to explore (map is quite a bit smaller than Skyrim)...it isn't like elder scrolls or Ultima 7 where you feel like you can live in the world. All it is, is following the characters story.

Personally I was hoping for a more semi-sandbox game. There aren't very many games like Ultima 7 where you truly can live in the game world, and all the NPCs do their own thing with super advanced AI.

And from what I seen, AI in kingdom come is pretty terrible...nothing like the interactive/immersive NPCs of Skyrim or Witcher 3 or even Ultima 7 which is decades old and has better immersive AI than most.

This will be a hard skip for me. Not my type of game at all. I like a story and all, but I like games where I can live in the game world. Hence why I still play MMOs because many are like that.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

From my understanding, its an open world-linear game, heavily focused on a linear story. Like a very small-scale version of Witcher 3.

No having houses to decorate, no epic things to explore, no huge map to explore (map is quite a bit smaller than Skyrim)...it isn't like elder scrolls or Ultima 7 where you feel like you can live in the world. All it is, is following the characters story.

Personally I was hoping for a more semi-sandbox game. There aren't very many games like Ultima 7 where you truly can live in the game world, and all the NPCs do their own thing with super advanced AI.

And from what I seen, AI in kingdom come is pretty terrible...nothing like the interactive/immersive NPCs of Skyrim or Witcher 3 or even Ultima 7 which is decades old and has better immersive AI than most.

This will be a hard skip for me. Not my type of game at all. I like a story and all, but I like games where I can live in the game world. Hence why I still play MMOs because many are like that.

If this is true, then it's what I kind of expected. 

Something about the situations you get yourself into gave signs it's linear.  Since the situations were detailed, this gives me the feeling the world and game itself is small or at least much smaller than Skyrim. 

The part were you can change armor for the situation makes it seem detailed, but at that point in the possible short game it could be expected.  Since they stress doing this, it may only be an illusion that the game is deep, and an illusion that you will be doing it all the time. 

Everything about this game seems tight lipped and nothing negative, only hype (no real reviews).

At the very least, it's a step in the right directions for next generation combat.  However I'm not crazy about first person either.  

No way will I run out and buy, it's a wait-and-see !!!  
    Kyleran
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    edited February 2018
    MaxBacon said:
    I think it is good, I played the earlier builds of it, but I think as this game is very heavily about realism and with a very specific type of combat, that you are not to find a more casual type of gameplay, say like Witcher 3.

I'd say the biggest gripe people will have with it will be the combat and the gameplay driven by realism (not casual fun), it's not for everyone.
    yea as much as i love all things medieval i have never ever had a desire to play a game that had medieval realism. i think it's great for those that want that tho and thats a really big no if it's not even a sandbox.
    edited February 2018

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    edited February 2018

From my understanding, when given a quest you have a time limit to do it. If you go do it instantly the NPC will be happy with you. The longer you leave it the more annoyed they become till eventually they'll just do the quest with out you. So unlike ES games where you get given a quest and you can leave it and do it when ever, you can't in this game.

For me that sounds more like a living world.
    Post edited by immodium on
    Sovrath

pantaro said:
    yea as much as i love all things medieval i have never ever had a desire to play a game that had medieval realism. i think it's great for those that want that tho and thats a really big no if it's not even a sandbox.
    This is what I like, the large mainstream audience is captivated by instant gratification and casual play, others like the simulation and realism, the simulation and realism of things to me (what you'd call boring) captivates me on this type of games.

This is why I say this game is only for some people, it might look shiny and all but it is a simulator and that is prioritized on how the game flows.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited February 2018
    MaxBacon said:
    pantaro said:
    This is what I like, the large mainstream audience is captivated by instant gratification and casual play, others like the simulation and realism, the simulation and realism of things to me (what you'd call boring) captivates me on this type of games.

This is why I say this game is only for some people, it might look shiny and all but it is a simulator and that is prioritized on how the game flows.
    Nice job taking a jab at those who might not enjoy the extreme "realism" of 16 layers of armor, being all about instant gratification you know.

If we're going to "keep it real" players should be required to take off about 8 layers every 4 hours or so to take care of "privy" duties. 

C'mon now, let's not be easy mode sissy boys here, real gamers want to wipe!

With leaves of course,  no Charmin in my virtual game worlds.

;)

pantaroSpottyGekkoConstantineMerus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited February 2018
    Kyleran said:
    Nice job taking a jab at those who might not enjoy the extreme "realism" of 16 layers of armor, being all about instant gratification you know.

If we're going to "keep it real" players should be required to take off about 8 layers every 4 hours or so to take care of "privy" duties. 

C'mon now, let's not be easy mode sissy boys here, real gamers want to wipe!

With leaves of course,  no Charmin in my virtual game worlds.
    I take a jab because those who don't like those type of games, buy them, then sham the game because they bought into realistic/simulator while expecting something like Witcher 3 or Skyrim, it suddenly suffers backlash and accused of being a bad game because it's not the type of game you would enjoy.

So for me is easy, if you don't care for realism and just want to have a more casual fun, then it's good to stay away from simulators, it's like the difference between COD and ARMA.
    cjmarshCaffynatedcranthug
    MaxBacon said:
    pantaro said:

holy assumptions batman! you need to work harder on them,your so wrong it aint even funny lol
    edited February 2018
    pantaro said:
    holy assumptions batman! you need to work harder on them,your so wrong it aint even funny lol
    What is wrong? That the mainstream audience is COD/BF while the niche is ARMA? That's not one assumption.

It's pretty much the same type of game with a different approach to gameplay, driving its appeal to what type of gameplay appeals more to the mainstream audience in genres as the FPS or even space sim.

I'm not stating any "rule" as to how this works, just that specifically to the type of game such as this one, it falls more on a niche because of gameplay driven by realism making it likely it won't be capable to hit the mainstream audience like a game as Skyrim did.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
    SpottyGekko
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2018
    Aeander said:
    If this had been a third person game, I might have bought it immediately. As is, I'll wait for reviews. First person melee combat is far too boring, simplistic, and janky. 
    Umm not in a fps,it is the ONLY way to do it.If you tried to 3rd person view a fps'r you would almost never win against even average players.
    However for a rpg setting,yes 3rd is best but i prefer CHOICE in a rpg,i want both.
    I think the reason for first person is obvious,i would not hold that against the game.I mean on a very similar note,so many like to make excuses for low end graphics,i heard them all when comes to Wow.

I will tell you something else about pvp and 3rd person,it allows players to CHEAT utilizing the camera.If you are a true pvp player you will understand what i am talking about.Third person is also a FAKE viewing idea,it is only needed in rpg's because we have so much to see around us,especially if doing some 24-48 man raid.
    RexKushman

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    immodium said:

From my understanding is when given a quest you have a time limit to do it. If you go do it instantly the NPC will be happy with you. The longer you leave it the more annoyed they become till eventually they'll just do the quest with out you. So unlike ES games where you get given a quest and you can leave it and do it when ever, you can't in this game.

That also sound like that content besides main story is more limited: They wouldn't do optional content to distract you for dozens of hours and then introduce time limits to steer you away from all that and finish the game faster.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Vrika said:
    immodium said:

From my understanding is when given a quest you have a time limit to do it. If you go do it instantly the NPC will be happy with you. The longer you leave it the more annoyed they become till eventually they'll just do the quest with out you. So unlike ES games where you get given a quest and you can leave it and do it when ever, you can't in this game.

That also sound like that content besides main story is more limited: They wouldn't do optional content to distract you for dozens of hours and then introduce time limits to steer you away from all that and finish the game faster.
    It's only limiting if you decide to just do one play through.

edited February 2018
    Vrika said:
    It's about taking the quest when you're about to pursue it instead of leaving a large backlog of all the things you accepted.
    cjmarshAlBQuirky