Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Sale! Buy a Chainmail Bikini and Cat o'nine tails! Just $20!!

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
edited February 2018 in Chronicles of Elyria

Who needs ship jpegs when you can sell pixel screen shots of Valentine's Chain Bikini's and Cat O'Nine Tails for just $20!
-----------------

Seriously though... seems a bit odd to sell in game items around a holiday when there is no "in game" does it not?  Do you send it to your in game love through the forum with a note: "2020 can't come soon enough.  These will be waiting for you!"

To each their own I guess. 
If you want one of these they are "limited" time only and go away on Feb 19th.
GO DEVIANT PACKAGE!

http://massivelyop.com/2018/02/10/chronicles-of-elyria-has-ways-for-you-to-be-naughty-or-nice-this-valentines-day/#comments

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

[Deleted User]MrMelGibson

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    edited February 2018
    For what? Your imaginary avatar?

btw I got land for sale on Planet Nibiru if anyone is interested.

YashaXEponyxDamorBruceYeeMrMelGibson
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AshyLarry24AshyLarry24 Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Tiller said:

Well considering you're here following this game, aren't you trashing yourself?  Lol!
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Tiller said:

Hows the weather on Nibiru?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

Again I don't get it.  They are selling stuff before the game comes out.  Is this any different than any other game that had a kickstarter? They've been a surprisingly popular item lol.

Or is this thread under the assumption that the game isn't going to be made or is a total scam in general?  In that case why are you here?  Just curious.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    edited February 2018
    Daikuru said:
    Tiller said:

Hows the weather on Nibiru?
    I hear it’s very cold. Not the kind of place to wear your new chain mail bikini!

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    edited February 2018
    This is really unbelievable that they would try to profit from Valentine's Day when the game is not even close to being finished.

I play games that have been around for years that don't even acknowledge some holidays. They should have done the same in this case as well.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
    This is really unbelievable that they would try to profit from Valentine's Day when the game is not even close to being finished.

I play games that have been around for years that don't even acknowledge some holidays. They have done the same in this case as well.
    Well considering they don't plan on selling anything other than sparks of life or souls when the game comes out, there really isn't an option to sell them at any other time.

And who gives a fuck?  Don't buy them then.  The item gives no advantage and is really a joke gift.  Why do you give a fuck what people do with their money?  Why is it such a personal offense?
    Allerleirauh

I play games that have been around for years that don't even acknowledge some holidays. They have done the same in this case as well.
    And who gives a fuck?  Don't buy them then.  The item gives no advantage and is really a joke gift.  Why do you give a fuck what people do with their money?  Why is it such a personal offense?
    Um, no personal offense? You seem a bit triggered by something I've said lol.
    Slapshot1188YashaXMrMelGibsonDakeru

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis

You seem to be triggered by chainmail briefs in a video game lol. 
    Allerleirauhdaarco
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125

Nice deflection.
    Slapshot1188YashaXMrMelGibsonDakeru
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Triggered by what? There's no game yet, that's the point! Triggered by an imaginary chainmail bikini? From the sound of it, you purchased it. Maybe you can dream about it at night.
    Slapshot1188TillerYashaXMrMelGibsonDakeru

• InteritusInteritus Member UncommonPosts: 236
    I thought seeing things like chainmail bikinis were why some people were arguing against having a publisher.
    YashaX
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    I have seen the models.

Why would we buy this again?
    Slapshot1188AlbatroesEponyxDamor
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Ungood said:

I think that a lot...
    MrMelGibson

• cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Ungood said:

I think that a lot...
    Then why do you keep cherry-picking posts about the game?
    mystichaze
    cjmarsh said:
    Ungood said:

I think that a lot...
    Then why do you keep cherry-picking posts about the game?
    So how do you feel about the Deviant Package?  Are you pro deviant?

YashaXMrMelGibson

Triggered by what? There's no game yet, that's the point! Triggered by an imaginary chainmail bikini? From the sound of it, you purchased it. Maybe you can dream about it at night.
    Nah I didn't buy it, most people bought it as a joke gift for their friends.  They don't take the sale of chainmail bikinis nearly as serious as this forum!
    Interitus said:
    I thought seeing things like chainmail bikinis were why some people were arguing against having a publisher.
    The whole thing is a joke on the community a bit.  There's like a forum thread a week asking to "please don't have the chicks have like chain bra's for armor".  So this whole thing is a joke.  What people are against is P2W during the game.  And these items, don't have any advantage to them.  They have 0 armor and are purely costmetic.

And people could give a shit about this stuff before the game.  Once the launch comes out, they don't want it to.  They want the chainmail bikini's to be made by the players! lolololol.
    Ungood said:
    I have seen the models.

Because you know you want it?  The funny thing is they've had an uptick in sales since the sale was announced.  Although it's impossible to know what people are buying, and it could just be coincidence.
    YashaXEponyxDamorAllerleirauh
  • killimandroskillimandros Member UncommonPosts: 64
    edited February 2018
    I think I mentioned it earlier in aonther thread, about those dig items available for sale. Only way they will get enough cash imo to get this thing floating anyway. Now if you actually check the items for sale, that piece mentioned isnt the most interesting, is it. Theres a variety of consumable items which comes with recipes. Meaning if you buy that bag with wine anc cake, you also get the recipe so you can produce said wine and cake, making it strategically a better buy than the chainmail thingy. 

I dont have any problems with it though, I always thought they would have to open a cashshop to survive, and its rather meh so far :) Im waiting for the OPC scripts to be released, that will be much more interesting.

Im also curiously considering theyre gonna have wifes-to-be or husbands-to-be in the cash shop, if you dont wanna get involved or bother getting involved marrying real players to get the offspring youll need to play after your toon dies. Imagine how thats gonna look like :D "strong bred skillful tracker-20 bucks", or "aristrocratic full blood Lady with full pedigree-50 bucks"

Seriously though, thats gonna happen, and if Im playing im gonna buy it as the first and only cash shop item, because im not gonna bother spending a lot of my time with one other guy bound just so I can continue after I die. It  doesnt bother me though :)

And about that dras pre-alpha woman, I think that race is supposed to look ugly as the seven hells :D
    Slapshot1188Ungood
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    Oh my Torval is gonna be pissed, they are selling cosmetics but no pay to win items.  
    Asm0deus
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    And about that dras pre-alpha woman, I think that race is supposed to look ugly as the seven hells :D
    They succeeded.
    YashaXmystichaze
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• InteritusInteritus Member UncommonPosts: 236
    Interitus said:
    The whole thing is a joke on the community a bit.  There's like a forum thread a week asking to "please don't have the chicks have like chain bra's for armor".  So this whole thing is a joke.  What people are against is P2W during the game.  And these items, don't have any advantage to them.  They have 0 armor and are purely costmetic.

And people could give a shit about this stuff before the game.  Once the launch comes out, they don't want it to.  They want the chainmail bikini's to be made by the players! lolololol.
    But that's not true, I saw it when the discussion about the pros and cons of a publisher was going on.  One reason some people were against a publisher was because they were worried cosmetic items that didn't fit the game would be added.  And yes, some were worried about P2W, loot boxes etc.

Joke or not, this is an example of a cosmetic item that doesn't fit the game.  For $20 to boot.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really care about it one way or the other, but people did show concern about publishers adding items that didn't make sense, and now SBS has done that exact same thing.  Hell you could have even been able to sell the Cat o' nine tails and a leather bikini and it would still fit in lore.  All the other Valentine items fit fine. The Deviant Pack is the only one I've seen someone bring up
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited February 2018
    Without a publisher they have to continue selling things to keep the money flowing in so expect more offers in the future.

They aren't to the level of begathons or selling parts of Caspian's body for cash so all good.

I recommend they sell spaceships, seem pretty popular these days.

;)

cjmarshJamesGoblinMrMelGibsondaarco

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Interitus said:
    Interitus said:

But that's not true, I saw it when the discussion about the pros and cons of a publisher was going on.  One reason some people were against a publisher was because they were worried cosmetic items that didn't fit the game would be added.  And yes, some were worried about P2W, loot boxes etc.

Joke or not, this is an example of a cosmetic item that doesn't fit the game.  For $20 to boot.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really care about it one way or the other, but people did show concern about publishers adding items that didn't make sense, and now SBS has done that exact same thing.  Hell you could have even been able to sell the Cat o' nine tails and a leather bikini and it would still fit in lore.  All the other Valentine items fit fine. The Deviant Pack is the only one I've seen someone bring up
    I can't speak to every complaint ever made, but from my experience most people were more worried about cosmetics being sold after exposition.  Because that could hurt the crafting economy. That and loot boxes or P2W items. Even i the discord the only complaints I heard were people who thought the deviant pack was some sort of legitimate armor set that you were to ride to battle in.

I believe you when you say that there were people complaining about this, but IMO idc what they sell before launch. Anything can be destroyed or stolen and nothing you buy before the game is permanently yours. After exposition is a different story though.

The only thing that would be immersion breaking and stupid for them to sell to me, would be like anime swords that are twice the size of the person swinging it or something.  That to me is something that doesn't fit in the world.  I don't see how chainmail briefs don't fit.  Even though they're silly, the seem feasible to me, to be able to make.  Even though there's no use to them.

EponyxDamormystichaze