Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time for a new ^%&@# mouse---Stop buying mainstream junk

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited September 2017
    cheyane said:
    I have had Logitech Mice for years I love them and luckily no issues so far but others have so no idea. G600 and then before that the G700 . I have two G600 actually now afraid one might pack up and bought another. I hear red dragon is good too. Using daily three years is pretty good for a mouse . How long do you expect it to last ?Redragon Perdition

If a mouse lasts me 5-6 years I feel that is a fair to be honest. By that time I will most likely be looking to upgrade anyways and knowing what I was using is still going strong I'm more likely to replace it with a different product from the same company. I had a Logitech G5 that lasted me about 6 years. I replaced it only because after all that time the cord started to fray and replaced it with the G600. I wish they still made them like that.
    Post edited by Tiller on
    bartoni33
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• emmamillaremmamillar Member CommonPosts: 1
    G402 and G602 is best and budget friendly too. You can read my reviews over here http://toptechreview.tech/best-cheap-gaming-mouse/

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    I've had my Red Dragon Perdition for 3-4 years and its still going strong, it's actually lasted longer than my M.M.O.7 Mad Catz which cost 5 X as much.
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    I'd been a Logitech user for most of my PC gaming life (2000-2010?) until I saw the Razor Naga Molten. Sooo many buttons! Won't go back. That died after about 4 years then I got a Naga Epic that still works. I saw the review of the Corsair Scimitar so I made the jump. See my review of it on the (currently) last post http://www.mmorpg.com/hardware-reviews/corsair-scimitar-rgb-mobammo-gaming-mouse-review-1000011941 . Don't listen to those saying you don't have to have the CUE software installed to use the thumb buttons. You HAVE to have the software installed AND running to use the thumb buttons.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I have been gaming over 35 years and hjave NEVER been happy with my expensive mice purchases.I usually toss the m away and just go back and buy a simple 10 dollar mouse and have no problems at all.

if i had my choice i would still be using my 20 year old 3 button mouse but it wore out and they don't make them anymore,every third button is a scroll wheel.
    LawlmonsterTalonsin

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Wizardry said:
    I have been gaming over 35 years and hjave NEVER been happy with my expensive mice purchases.I usually toss the m away and just go back and buy a simple 10 dollar mouse and have no problems at all.

if i had my choice i would still be using my 20 year old 3 button mouse but it wore out and they don't make them anymore,every third button is a scroll wheel.

Oh you!

You are the Mr. Contrarian on these boards.
    Sovrath[Deleted User]Thuplicheeba

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Double-clicking.  I hate that.  My current mouse, a Gigabyte GM-G6800, has just started doing that.  Fortunately, the Gigabyte is cheap.  I may look at a more expensive mouse, but am likely to end up with the cheapest mouse that is comfortable in my hand.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I use a trackball and love it.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    bartoni33 said:
    Wizardry said:

Oh you!

You are the Mr. Contrarian on these boards.
    I have to agree with Wizardry. Every expensive mouse I've owned has died about as quickly as the ten to fifteen dollar budget mice. I'd much rather be able to spend my money on two or three of them for back-up at the same price as one that's over-expensive and needlessly buttoned.

I guess if money is no obstacle, it doesn't really matter.
    [Deleted User]

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    edited September 2017
    Mendel said:
    Double-clicking.  I hate that.  My current mouse, a Gigabyte GM-G6800, has just started doing that.  Fortunately, the Gigabyte is cheap.  I may look at a more expensive mouse, but am likely to end up with the cheapest mouse that is comfortable in my hand.

Last time I had the double clicking issue. It was because I didn't install the mouse drivers. It's possible that a windows update or something might mess up the drivers. The first step to fixing the issue is updating the drivers with the ones provided by Gigabyte.
    The best expense I have made for input devices was on a Steelseries ice mat. It's just a large piece of frosted glass that allows a mouse to track. Very nice to clean, sturdy placement, and the mice just glide on it. It's the oldest computer part I use. Only thing I replaced are the feet as they wore out years ago.
    RidelynnMendel
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Many mouses have the annoying double click when you just want to click once, the cost of making it much easier no-effort to use comes with some unintentional clicks. 
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Wizardry said:

Maybe I am too old for gaming but I never could understand how you young fellows use 12 buttons with your thumb, If I used one of them fancy mice covered in buttons I would spend more time looking at my mouse then my monitor to make sure I hit the right button.

Two buttons for the thumb is all I can take at my age. 
    MendelPalebane
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    FIrst off, necro bump, but forum has been dead for a bit so I'll roll with it.

I agree with Cleffy - a nice mousepad is a very good investment. I've been using Ratpadz (no longer sold, unfortunately), which are a solid chunk of textured ABS plastic. They are.. 10 years old now or so, and still look and work like brand new. Makes using any mouse a lot better.

I jumped ship from Logitech to Corsair about a year or so ago. Regarding the software, I don't recall much about the Logitech, it was fairly unremarkable, and I'd say the same thing about Corsair. They let me do keyboard macros, and there's some lighting stuff in there I guess, but that's about as far as I go apart from tuning the DPI on the mouse and disabling all the side buttons to match my preferences.

I have a K70 keyboard (Cherry Red Rapidfire), and I love it. It replaced a Logitech Cherry Brown (was also a nice keyboard, but cat destroyed it and it had to be replaced). Biggest difference between the two was Logitech had some dedicated Macro keys off to the left, which made the keyboard a bit larger. I wish all these keyboards came with a couple more USB ports though...

The best part about the K70 - the tray they keys sit in has no lip, you can just tip the keyboard to knock out all the dust/debris/hair/etc with a bit of canned air. (Cats...) It doesn't trap in dirt like most keyboards.

Double-click issues are often a sign that the switch is wearing out. Not always, but often.

I have an M65 mouse - it was textured and early on, the texture wore on my pinky finger and made it sore. I've since worn the texture off where my finger rubs on it. On the similar model Logitechs, they had a rubberized coating, which over time becomes almost slimy and impossible to clean - I hated it. While I like the ergonomics  and feel of the M65, I would think twice before I bought another because of that texture.

If I were to be buying again today - I agree with Wizardry and Lawlmonster - spending a lot of money doesn't mean your getting a better mouse (I regret every single Razer purchase I've ever made). The most important thing is how it feels - if it's not comfortable it's going to cause more issues than it's worth. I'm willing to spend for something that's comfortable, and I'd prefer that it lasts a good while, but comfort is very much the top priority for me. Keyboards I tend to get a few years out of (unless the cat decides otherwise). Mice have gotten better, last few I've had have lasted a couple years or so. I do put a lot of miles on that equipment.
  • okfineiaminokfineiamin Member CommonPosts: 1
    I recently brought  Corsair M65 Pro, I am doing great with this mouse but the edges of the mouse have a tendency to scrap against the pad, hence affecting mobility. I brought it reading this online review https://10hightech.com/best-gaming-mouse/

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited February 2018

99% of the gaming population would be best advised to not be sidetracked with many of the technological functions that any one brand puts into a mouse.  While the technological functions of a mouse do play a small part in functional gaming performance, for the large majority of players a myriad of individual preferences and comfort will always outperform whatever minor technological advantages these brands may peddle.  

Desirability, comfort and individual preference will obviously vary and be largely dependent on the individual user.  Best approach is simply to go to the store and compare each for comfort, taking into consideration personal gaming style, number of desired side buttons, and their reachability and ease of use.  That is your best review.  Everything else is mostly there due to competitive market strategy and the desire to haul in the largest bottom dollar.  
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

I use a Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum mouse and love it. Great feel and awesome software

That's a good mouse with nice technological sounding extras but for half the price the G300s is right there with it performance wise.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    I've always used Razer Naga's, I think I've been through two or three in like 8~ years of really heavy use lol. Now that I don't play WoW I don't really use most of the features though, but yeah, it's a solid mouse for MMOs, old school MMOs anyways, since new ones have like 5 buttons at max you have to press lol.
    [Deleted User]Palebane
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
    I use a Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum mouse and love it. Great feel and awesome software

That's a good mouse with nice technological sounding extras but for half the price the G300s is right there with it performance wise.

The one issue I had with the G300 is the mouse is very light. I like a bit of weight to my mouse and the G502 offered me that with the included weights. Other than the weight issue it is a solid mouse for sure!

Oh, don't get me wrong, I like the G502, it's a quality all around mouse for those willing and able to invest the $.  Just wanted to piggy back on your choice and add, for those looking for a less expensive alternative the G300 is a really good value gaming mouse at half the price.  
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited February 2018
    @Ridelynn ; The M65 is a decent mouse, and I like the look of it. They do make one in white  that doesn't have that rubberized material on it.

The only annoying thing so far that I've noticed on the Glaive the DPI selector; it's only one button, so if you accidentally click DPI up, you have to click through all DPI settings again to get it set where you want it. You will bump it too since it sticks up pretty high right below the scroll wheel.
    Ridelynn
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• mattpslabmattpslab Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited November 2018
    I recently brought  Corsair M65 Pro, I am doing great with this mouse but the edges of the mouse have a tendency to scrap against the pad, hence affecting mobility. I brought it reading this online review https://99sides.com/

Allow it to be played on console/PC's and it would be better. I know when my m8's used to play they had 1 using phone whilst 1 drove around, but they stopped that and even with that connecting to get stuff was a nightmare too with try again later message. Then if bad weather you could forget it entirely. None of them now play and they couldnt get me to try it either.

Post edited by mattpslab on
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Im a Razer Naga fanboy, I admit it
    Sovrath
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Grunty said:
    Bought two Razer Nagas.  First one failed with middle button not clicking and left button double clicking after 18-24 months.  Second one failed with middle mouse button intermittently failing and finally mouse wheel shaft breaking after about 18 months.  The mouse wheel potentiometer shaft was intentionally narrowed to about 1/16" and that's where it broke. 

I moved to the Logitech G600 and have had no mechanical issues for the last 2-3 years.  Biggest issue I've had is accidentally pushing the re-assignable buttons to change DPI settings.  WTF just happened!  I didn't want to spin around 2 1/4 times and end up looking at the sky!

Im on my 3rd Naga in 6 to maybe 8 years? I think, Is that good ? 2 of them both expired via the left mouse button/trigger snapping off. I think 2 years is good considering the amount of mileage mine receive. Iv never tried anything outside of the naga because iv been so pleased with them. 
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I actually use a Kensington laser trackball.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey