Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guilds ?

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
edited February 2018 in Ashes of Creation
Now this is any ones guess. 
Millions of players are attracted to the next mmorpg.  With that, only thousands search out "that professional Guild".  How about the other millions that simply log in and play........... Will they get crushed ?  

Worst yet..... Will they ever see an "advanced node" where major cities are built, or will they only get the scraps because of a dynamic world ?  

Some servers may suck for many............. I for one will be server jumping around until I find one that's just right for me, How about you ?  

Ashes of Creations should have a sticky attached to it stating "FUN FACTOR MAY VERY"  

Actually, I'll search out "that professional Guild"...... But I'm trying to make a point, because were dealing with millions.  

I'll set myself up to insure a good seat, instead of being on the top row of the end zone :)
Post edited by delete5230 on

Comments

• jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Remember, in most of the games that are out right now there is some sort of fast travel mechanic.

Guilds get to move around the world in most games, cause havoc, seed discontent, and then move on to the next location.   They are nothing more than a horde of angry locusts who move from place to place to place. 

In Ashes, while they will be able to do the same thing, they will have to invest time to do it.   

For the first time in a long time, a guild is going to be based in an area, and then work out from that area.  They will take a castle, or a node, or both, or several, or take over a small corner of the world.  Then they will branch out from there.   

Now, granted, there is also the option of guilds that are just roving mercenaries.  Them you may see for a bit, then they will move on.

Either way, they won't be able to just show up on your doorstep in a heartbeat.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    jahlon said:
    Remember, in most of the games that are out right now there is some sort of fast travel mechanic.

Guilds get to move around the world in most games, cause havoc, seed discontent, and then move on to the next location.   They are nothing more than a horde of angry locusts who move from place to place to place. 

In Ashes, while they will be able to do the same thing, they will have to invest time to do it.   

For the first time in a long time, a guild is going to be based in an area, and then work out from that area.  They will take a castle, or a node, or both, or several, or take over a small corner of the world.  Then they will branch out from there.   

Now, granted, there is also the option of guilds that are just roving mercenaries.  Them you may see for a bit, then they will move on.

Either way, they won't be able to just show up on your doorstep in a heartbeat.

The OPs question is if a player is not in a well organized guilld, can they really experience the best things the game has to offer, like advanced nodes?

He goes on to say he will be looking for a good guild and server, but realizes many players won't and is wondering how their experience will be as "solo agents."

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    At this pre-alpha level of development I think it's far too early to estimate since it could easily change by the time it gets implemented. Also, OP, it's VARY not VERY.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    cjmarsh said:
    At this pre-alpha level of development I think it's far too early to estimate since it could easily change by the time it gets implemented. Also, OP, it's VARY not VERY.
    LOL, delete5230s mis-spellings are sort of his trademark, wouldn't really be "him" without them.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited February 2018
    When I heard about the guild controlling aspect, I instantly thought they should have an alliance system with guilds to maximize this. Some older asians titles did this (even Revelations Online even though its DoA) where you could pretty much join guilds together instead of just trying to form a mega guild to do stuff. Only other game that I personally have experience with this kind of system is Jade Dynasty, where you had your individual guilds but guilds could join other guilds in what was called a clan. So pretty much clans could dominate stuff and then all the guilds in that clan had access. In theory it sounds good since many people want their own guilds but still want to do stuff with others without joining guilds just to do events.