Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cyberpunk 2077 creator Mike Pondsmith Interviews (Hype)

klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
I am so hyped for this game! I've been holding back celebrating on this for years but now that we are getting closer to it, I Just thought I'd post a few interviews from the creator Mr. Mike Pondsmith himself. It's interesting how he said they wanted to wait to get the correct tools to build his game. This game is going to be awesome! The world they are building sounds more and more amazing with each year that passes by.

Mike + CDPR is going to be next level. I am so proud of Mike and his commitment to making his dream game. He makes me proud as an African American also because we really don't have a lot of representation in this field. It's awesome because if and when this game succeeds it opens opportunities for different types of stories to be told in gaming. I know, I'm having a moment right now but man I've my entire life for something like this to happen..this is special for so many reasons. Much respect to CDPR for understanding and helping to realize his vision. I for one cannot wait. My Hype meter is at 1000% percent!

Best quote - "We are taking the Witcher 3's staggering technology and just building on it"  - Mike P.

(2018) NEW COMMERCIAL! [Need Subtitles]

(2017)

(2013)

"Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

IselinScot

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    This is the game in development I am most excited about.

I just finished watching Altered Carbon (starts slow with seemingly too much style over substance at first until you get to the last few episodes and realize a lot of what seemed just style actually is very much also part of the substance - good series) and every good cyberpunk story I read or show I watch reminds me that this is coming... can't wait.
    klash2def
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    edited February 2018
    His credentials in the world of table top is very impressive. Who can forget Cyberpunk? I don't think I will ever forget the phrase "Friday Night Firefight" (though that may have been a spin of from the games rules?) and the originality in Castle Falkenstien, amazing.

What intrigues me is how close will it be to the original Cyberpunk vision? You have to remember he was faithful to the genre which was set in the 90's. Would it even be possible to do that in game set in 2077?

Here is an easy fit, the CP genre originated the concept of corporations being so big they overtake governments in terms of power and scope. Well that is so old hat now its almost banal, if they have a corporation in any new SF title it has to be up to something. But it is an easy fit, dodgy megacorporations get an easy tick for 2077.

How about "jacking in"? In a world of wifi, are we going to get "neural jacks", ports in a persons body in which you plug in a connection to something like a car to drive it in a enhanced way or to connect to Gibson's "map to display frequency of data exchange" (that's what was later called the internet when it came into existence). I sure hope so.

The chrome, its all about the chrome; genetics, that's for SF set in other worlds. Video trailer seemed to show chrome has got a tick.

Last example, bullets or lasers? CP is all about bullets and the video trailer shows them so it looks like they got that right.

Treatments of old SF unlike fantasy, often take into account inventions that supersede when the SF was written. But something like CP was as much about style as it was technological and social invention. Imagine Blade Runner shot under sunny skies. No! You get the idea.

Looks like it is going to be a solo, social hub and multiplayer game but they are distancing themselves from the idea it is MMO(ish).
    klash2def