Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

State of the Studio

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:
     making up lies about them,
    I'm burning to hear where you caught him lying.
    in fact, lets not forget that you accused me of being someone else when I joined.. so.. you.. directly.. are the problem here.

That was me and the fact that you can't differ between us makes me think once more that you are an old friend of us.
    Lies: well he sad he never spent a cent on the game. I called him on that, and Orangeboy tried to say that was him. That was a nice start, Now you are jumping in taking the fall for some other accusations. efore, not so much, but now starting to believe the rumors of a circle jerk on this forum surrounding this game.  Not that it mattes much to me in either case.

But it is making me Wonder how many of you that are predicting the failure of this game, and trying to turn others away from it, are doing so, because you pissed off the big backers somehow, and realize that in this game they can kill you and take from you everything you have in game, including the things you paid for, which means, no matter what happens, you are still going to be out the money you invested into it.

If that's true, then, that has got to suck for you, and does explain the hostility towards the game, also would explain the constant mention of this mythical "ivory tower" that Slap keeps rambling on about.
    YashaX
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Ungood said:
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:
    in fact, lets not forget that you accused me of being someone else when I joined.. so.. you.. directly.. are the problem here.

That was me and the fact that you can't differ between us makes me think once more that you are an old friend of us.
    Lies: well he sad he never spent a cent on the game. I called him on that, and Orangeboy tried to say that was him. That was a nice start, Now you are jumping in taking the fall for some other accusations. efore, not so much, but now starting to believe the rumors of a circle jerk on this forum surrounding this game.  Not that it mattes much to me in either case.

But it is making me Wonder how many of you that are predicting the failure of this game, and trying to turn others away from it, are doing so, because you pissed off the big backers somehow, and realize that in this game they can kill you and take from you everything you have in game, including the things you paid for, which means, no matter what happens, you are still going to be out the money you invested into it.

If that's true, then, that has got to suck for you, and does explain the hostility towards the game, also would explain the constant mention of this mythical "ivory tower" that Slap keeps rambling on about.
    Wait
    Just so I understand this right.
    Are you implying that you caught Slap lying but you can't prove it because Orange and me are taking the bullets for Slap?
    JamesGoblin
    Harbinger of Fools
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    I thought this was a new one, clicked to only realize its the one I read and forgot about but is still around. Huh figured this thread would have died long ago.
    edited February 2018
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:

Wait
    Are you implying that you caught Slap lying but you can't prove it because Orange and me are taking the bullets for Slap?
    Nope.

Edit Added: Just letting you know, I see that is what you respond to, and opted to keep quit about about burning bridges among the CoE community, while also expressing paranoia that they are here among the forums.

Feel bad for you man.
    YashaX
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Ungood said:
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:

Wait
    Nope.

Edit Added: Just letting you know, I see that is what you respond to, and opted to keep quit about about burning bridges among the CoE community, while also expressing paranoia that they are here among the forums.

Feel bad for you man.
    How is it paranoia when the guy in question even admitted having gotten at least 5 accounts banned here?

Also if you weren't implying that we are covering up for Slap then please explain to me what you meant by:
    "Now you are jumping in taking the fall for some other accusations."
    GdemamiJamesGoblinYashaX
    Harbinger of Fools
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    This thread never fails to deliver
    Slapshot1188JamesGoblinYashaX
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:

Wait
    Nope.

Feel bad for you man.
    How is it paranoia when the guy in question even admitted having gotten at least 5 accounts banned here?

Also if you weren't implying that we are covering up for Slap then please explain to me what you meant by:
    LOL... I'm not quite sure... but I think.. somehow.. he thinks he "caught" me in something because Orangeboy said he never spent money on the game too?  And paranoia?  Maybe he somehow missed the other 2 accounts (in this very thread..) that were the same guy again?  

Maybe he can clarify and explain what it is he think he discovered on me.  But lets do it in a fresh thread.  I honestly think I need my own Twitch channel.  If people are flocking just to respond, prove me wrong, call me an asshole, a douche,  or something else... I could make a fortune!

JamesGoblinYashaX

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited February 2018
    Slapshot1188 said:
    I honestly think I need my own Twitch channel.  If people are flocking just to respond, prove me wrong, call me an asshole, a douche,  or something else... I could make a fortune!

I'm at work watching my favorite HotS streamer atm.

I would swap to you and grab some popcorn to prepare for the drama.
    JamesGoblin
    Harbinger of Fools
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:

Wait
    Nope.

Feel bad for you man.

LOL, they used a naming convection system on all 5 accounts and their 6th as well, so they obviously were not even trying to hide their presence from you or anyone else here.

You however, go about accusing random people of being them. 

I take it back, I don't feel bad for you, most likely you brought it upon yourself.

and ahem.. When I said "Nope"..  I meant that I could prove it.

I honestly think I need my own Twitch channel.  If people are flocking just to respond, prove me wrong, call me an asshole, a douche,  or something else... I could make a fortune!
    Given more people are responding to me then you.. your fortune would be quite small.

Just saying.

Ungood said:
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:

Wait
    Nope.

Feel bad for you man.

LOL, they used a naming convection system on all 5 accounts and their 6th as well, so they obviously were not even trying to hide their presence from you or anyone else here.

I take it back, I don't feel bad for you, most likely you brought it upon yourself.

I still have no idea what you think you have discovered that you keep linking.  Maybe you could explain again in small words so my tiny brain can follow it? Maybe use PM so to stop polluting this thread?

PS- Funny you remember the guy now... but here is a hint.. it's more than 5 times and they don't all have Drake in them.  No you aren't him but also.. he isn't the only one either.  Personally I don't care if you are a previously banned guy or a new person or whether you Can'tPlayHockey or not. I care that you seem to like to call posters assholes and douches and other stuff.  I care that you are obsessed with me (not in a nice Valentine's Day way either) so again... let's talk less about other posters and more about the State of the Company.  
    JamesGoblinYashaX

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Ungood said:
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:

Wait
    Nope.

Feel bad for you man.

I still have no idea what you think you have discovered that you keep linking.  Maybe you could explain again in small words so my tiny brain can follow it? Maybe use PM so to stop polluting this thread?

PS- Funny you remember the guy now... but here is a hint.. it's more than 5 times and they don't all have Drake in them.  No you aren't him but also.. he isn't the only one either.  Personally I don't care if you are a previously banned guy or a new person or whether you Can'tPlayHockey or not. I care that you seem to like to call posters assholes and douches and other stuff.  I care that you are obsessed with me (not in a nice Valentine's Day way either) so again... let's talk less about other posters and more about the State of the Company.  
    I don't remember him, he introduced himself, and listed his banned account, dummy. 

I don' even know why you all care about him ether.

But I think I get it now.

Too bad "Pissing off the Ivory Tower" is not grounds for a refund eh?

Anyway.. enjoy the circle jerk.. I'm done.
    Slapshot1188JamesGoblinYashaX

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Ungood said:
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:

If I do end up joining this game the backers will never know.

In a game like this I never create avatars related to this handle nor share most of my names with anyone unless a throwaway acct.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Kyleran said:
    ...snip...

In a game like this I never create avatars related to this handle nor share most of my names with anyone unless a throwaway acct.
    Indeed linking multiple game/forum/twitter/twitch accounts etc is kind of like inviting stalkers to stalk you...lol
    Kyleran

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:

Normally I am the same way... but if CoE actually launched (and was a big hit... not a buggy mess with half the features) I’d feel compelled to walk around Dleatherus’s Kingdom in a black robe.
    KyleranJamesGoblinYashaX

Ungood said:
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:

Wait
    Nope.

Feel bad for you man.

Prove what exactly?
    2 guys saying they didn't invest money into this game?
    Where is the lie?

I'm still waiting for you to show the post where Slap claimed you were someone "else" when you were "new" to this forum.
    YashaX
    Harbinger of Fools
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    So wait, WHAT? @Slapshot1188, @Dakeru and @OrangeBoy AREN'T the same account?

Mind.... blown....

This thread delivers more then the game being "discussed" ever can. Do continue.

Edit. Could I please be @Kyleran too then? I like cats, I could be him!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    DakeruSlapshot1188JamesGoblinKyleranEponyxDamorYashaXAshyLarry24
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

edited February 2018
    lahnmir said:
    So wait, WHAT? @Slapshot1188, @Dakeru and @OrangeBoy AREN'T the same account?

Mind.... blown....

This thread delivers more then the game being "discussed" ever can. Do continue.

Edit. Could I please be @Kyleran too then? I like cats, I could be him!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    You both have animal avatars... it makes sense now!

PS-  Is that what he thinks he uncovered?  Wow...  feel free to let MikeB know.  Wish I had time to be 3 people, but Harbingering is hard work.  I can only handle one at a time.
    PPS- Or did he uncover we are different people? So confused...

JamesGoblin

Not that he is going to bother to answer anymore where Slap supposedly accused him but just to make the point clear that Harbingers can always back up their claims:

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/470970/soulbound-drops-spatialos-in-favor-of-internal-solutions-chronicles-of-elyria-news/p2

Last post - It was me who implied similarities first.
    It was early on and vague but now 200 posts later the deja vous feeling is still there.
    GdemamiYashaX
    Harbinger of Fools
  • killimandroskillimandros Member UncommonPosts: 64
    About that QnA, no I couldnt find any news about the business model at all, apart from some explanation to why they ditched Spatial. That one was interesting, though, as they praised it so much it made me wonder if they actually are going to ask to get foundings from them :) (they kept repeating this is the future and how proud they were to have been a part of its progress). Either Spatial are going to have a famous last return in some way, or their logo will be at the launch-screen somewhere. 

About actual gameplay, there was a 7-8 sec teaer from the soul-chamber thingy, with a print labeled"Early-Alpha footage". It could have been anything, but we never got to see what it actually was. As in no obvious gameplaying. Looked a lot like an intro to me :) 

Anything else interesting? Well, Caspian promised Vox-Elyria to launch within weeks....And was corrected when using "soon" too often by Vye(?) who seemed like his watchdog. I bet she kicked his leg every time he was about to promise things :P 

And ye, Snipehunter slapped his notebook on some occations. Probably a secret message to Slapshot ;) 

What we DIDNT get, was any update on the business-model, nothing about investors, and only vague ideas about scripts being possible to create yourself (if you like scripting) or available from other sources (I assume from the cash shop)
    JamesGoblinDakeruYashaX
    About that QnA, no I couldnt find any news about the business model at all, apart from some explanation to why they ditched Spatial. That one was interesting, though, as they praised it so much it made me wonder if they actually are going to ask to get foundings from them :) (they kept repeating this is the future and how proud they were to have been a part of its progress). Either Spatial are going to have a famous last return in some way, or their logo will be at the launch-screen somewhere. 

About actual gameplay, there was a 7-8 sec teaer from the soul-chamber thingy, with a print labeled"Early-Alpha footage". It could have been anything, but we never got to see what it actually was. As in no obvious gameplaying. Looked a lot like an intro to me :) 

Anything else interesting? Well, Caspian promised Vox-Elyria to launch within weeks....And was corrected when using "soon" too often by Vye(?) who seemed like his watchdog. I bet she kicked his leg every time he was about to promise things :P 

And ye, Snipehunter slapped his notebook on some occations. Probably a secret message to Slapshot ;) 

What we DIDNT get, was any update on the business-model, nothing about investors, and only vague ideas about scripts being possible to create yourself (if you like scripting) or available from other sources (I assume from the cash shop)
    Yeah I scanned some of it, but just briefly.  Looks like decent discussion on the OPC concept.   They want to make a tool for it that would let you drag and drop (block? tiles? I don't recall) to build actions for your character when you are offline.   They said if they can't do that then it would be direct scripting.   I think they need to go route one or drop the OPC concept for a bit until it's ready.  Expecting people to create scripts is not going to widely adopted (although selling them might be).

JamesGoblinkillimandrosGdemamiYashaXAshyLarry24

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Ungood said:
    frostymug said
    I already stated where I thought they should focus on, get this because I will say it again only slow this time... PRESENTATION to get more INTEREST and POTENTIAL FUNDING. Did you catch the missing word this time?
    Oh I see, you don't think building something quantifiable, like a presentation model to show investors is a part of the game development. 

Ok well, thanks for clearing that up, your post makes total sense now. Nothing but respect that you had the foresight to mention this was from an uneducated point of view.

Thanks.
    Yes, Captain Tryhard. I do not think that.

If you do think that a presentation for potential backers is the same as development then that does a lot to explain why all these kickstarter MMORPGs exist and are in roughly the same state. This one being special in that they have tried and failed to attract a publisher, changed their entire backend that they've supposedly been doing all the work on, and announced shrinking the team working on it. All at roughly the same time.

I suppose you think you're cute with the uneducated eye thing. There are spots available in the sarcasm lesson if you'd like. Don't feel like listing my credentials so you can partially quote them and stay off topic so that would be much easier.
    Gdemami
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Ungood said:
    For a new guy that has not purchased the game you are very passionate in it's defense.  Nothing wrong with that, just like there's nothing wrong if you CantPlayHockey.  ;)

My suggestion is that you focus less on calling other posters assholes though.  Just stay on discussing the game and all will be well.
    I haven' actually defended the game itself tho. I simply stand by the fact that its a major douche move to continuously hound upon a game and attack those that want to support it.

Truth is, if not for you endless need to attack this game and its supporters and thus keeping this topic alive,  It would have been dead before I joined the forums.

So kudos, its all your fault. Believe this or not, you can keep your opinion to yourself, the world won't end. Try sometime.
    Rich.

I came in here to see how the game was faring because I am/was still interested in the concept and want(ed) to potentially support it at a later stage, but had major concerns. I offered my opinions on how they should move forward to get funding. I won't say go back and read because we all know you won't or can't.

You haven't posted a single thing to support the game, I'll give you that. Instead you have spent who knows how many posts now trying to pull a major douche move and attack me personally, as a potential supporter, for whatever reason you thought that was a good idea. Probably because I was critical about the project that you clearly have no scratch in.

Believe this or not, you can keep your highly overestimated opinion of your uneducated self, the world won't end. Try sometimes. (I held off the sarcasm here since we know you don't get it. Looking out for ya, little buddy!)
    JamesGoblinAsm0deusEponyxDamorRealizerGdemamiDakeruYashaX
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Looks like there is case law now in the UK that people can point to when asking for refunds from  crowdfunded campaigns. 

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/02/01/zx-spectrum-vega-plus-backer-wins-refund-in-court

I suppose its all in the wording of the campaign but just goes to show contracts don't mean shit when they try to circumvent consumer protection laws. 
    ShaighOrangeBoy
  • Phobos40Phobos40 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    While searching for the keywords "Chronicles of Elyria refund" on google, just found an interesting page, which I wanted to share with you:

http://illumiblocki.com/pcgames:chronicles-of-elyria

JamesGoblin