Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta (announcement) Monday Feb 12

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
From the update:

Also today, we said on the livestream with Mark and Andrew, that on Monday, February 12th, we are going to announce the date for the start of Beta 1. As we’ve mentioned in previous updates, we want a date we are confident in that also delivers a great experience for our Backers, who simply deserve as much for their enthusiasm and patience. Earlier today, we came to an agreement on that date after several weeks of hard work but Mark wanted us to take the weekend to think about it just so we can be as confident as possible with that date. Pay attention to your email for further details!

Harbingers R The Bestest

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

bcbullysgelJamesGoblinMrMelGibson

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Excellent
    JamesGoblin
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    2 days left to find out when we'll finally be able to try this out.
    High hopes!
    JamesGoblinRealizerMrMelGibson

..Cake..

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Here's to hoping.
    JamesGoblinRealizerMrMelGibson
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Well for those hitting beta, let me know how it goes, been having my eye on this game, but, I don't play games till they are live, just the way I roll. 

But I am Looking forward to seeing some in-game footage and maybe a Hive Review. LOL.
    KyleranMrMelGibson
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    edited February 2018
    I just hope this game has more depth than just a big overblown version of old DAOC frontiers, which is how it looks right now.  DAOC was fun for more than just the frontier pvp.  CU needs to be a well rounded mmo along with that, or it will become stale quickly.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Dvora said:
    I just hope this game has more depth than just a big overblown version of old DAOC frontiers, which is how it looks right now.  DAOC was fun for more than just the frontier pvp.  CU needs to be a well rounded mmo along with that, or it will become stale quickly.
    I hate to say it, but, I get the vibe that is going to be more a Realms vs Realms game. while make no mistake, it will have many MMO features like building/crafting, I would bet at the core of the game, the focus is about Realms War, and everything else, is kinda orbiting that main focus.
    KyleranMrMelGibson
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Dvora said:
    Whatever they add to the game in the future I for one hope that it's things that supplement the RvR not detract from it as an alternative like DAoC and later on Warhammer did when they tried to WOWify themselves. PvE along the lines of Darkness Falls would be cool, no PVP instanced dungeons and raids or PVP scenarios with scoreboards wouldn't.
    JamesGoblinMrMelGibson
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2018
    Beta 1...hmm

Rvr is such a puny small idea to hold a game back on.it is really nothing more than flag a player for pvp under some kind of heading or instance.
    Why hold a game back to those lower standards,i doubt Mark would,he likely has better ideas but needs to see cash flow first before diving into depth of game design.
    the mention of Warhammer brings back real bad memories.The only positive i took from that game was the sound effects were awesome.Leading up to release and those dev videos,i saw a VERY immature team,that told me the game had no chance.Then when got close to release,there was word the crafting was going to be extremely streamlined to save time or completely removed,again told me this game is a fail.

I look for all those small details that giveaway a games potential.Imo this game has a boatload of work to do to get it to be popular and better than a simple rvr pvp game.I know some will scoff "we don't want it to be popular ,so that it ends up like Wow"well i am not saying that.I am thinking more popular among those fans of RPG's and not just a pvp landscape,gives it potential to grow with more revenue,otherwise you'll end up with a very shallow game that likely has most bored within a month or 2.

The difference between most pvp games and rpg's is people login to get some rank or status,rpg gamer's play to have fun gaming and couldn't care less about "who wins".

I think perhaps a question that should be raised to Mark himself,is he trying to build a rpg or a simple rvr pvp game?You cannot have both,RFA perhaps the first to try it failed for many reasons and it was very popular for a year or two.Warhammer was popular for a couple months,this is the end result of games being too small in design scope,no longevity.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• LuftwaffenLuftwaffen Member UncommonPosts: 101
    still on the fence about buying into early beta .... guess ill keep an eye on it till beta 2 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I wonder if the results of Saturday's crash testing will have any impact on the beta date?

We'll find out tororrow I guess.

MrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Can't wait to hear how it goes.
    We'll be making our Beta 1 announcement today at 12pm PST, 3pm EST, 8pm GMT on our Twitch channel (https://www.twitch.tv/citystategames)
    Kyleran

..Cake..

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Whoo hoo!  The wait will soon be over.

:)
    JamesGoblin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Kyleran said:
    Whoo hoo!  The wait will soon be over.

:)
    You mean the wait for the announcement about how long our wait will be . It’s like finally getting an estimated hold time when you call the cable company.
    KyleranJamesGoblin

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

4th of July  \o/
    JamesGoblin

..Cake..

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    sgel said:
    4th of July  \o/
    Part disappointed as it’s a long way off but the realist side of me is happy and more confident it will have progress to show.
    JamesGoblincameltosis