Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would bring you back to WoW?

Comments

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    cesmode8 said:
    1.  Solo progression content:  The difficulty must be that of raids as well as the rewards.  It can be done.  The Jubilee event in GW2 is a great example of a solo fight where you utilize many of your abilities (many of which you don't think about in a group or raid setting because someone else does it for you (heals, cc, buffs, etc). The fights there were difficult.  The rewards also need to be high level, at the same ilvl as raids.  Not 5 levels below, the exact same.  If the solo fight is going to challenge ME (my skills and gear) to my limits, don't juke me with a lower ilvl of gear simply because I wasn't with 20 other raging personalities at the time of the encounter.  No game has done this successfully, aside from maybe GW2, and no game is attempting this.  There is a HUGE population of solo players that simply do not want to raid because they don't have the time to dedicate to a schedule late at night and dont feel like dealing with 20 other crybaby kids.  Im waiting for an MMO to do this and revolutionize it all.

2. Make classes feel unique again.

3. Player housing.

Thats about it.  I do like WoW, but once I hit max level and do dungeons and maybe raid, I realize..man I hate raiding with people.  I like dungeons and playing with a select group of friends, but I hate raiding with 10-15 other people.  Its annoying.  So I have nothing to do with all the gear Ive acquired...nothing to challenge myself and be rewarded appropriately.

So I unsub, and stay unsubbed.

1.  Raid-Difficulty Solo content?  This makes no sense.  Solo players aren't raids, so I'm not sure what you mean by this.  I don't think Solo content should give raid-quality rewards, ever.  Sorry.

2.  They do.

3.  I don't really think this is a huge thing to care about.  If this was such a huge deal, EQ2 would have killed WoW before games like FFXIV and others even existed.  I think people are inflating the "demand" for features like this.  Frankly, I'd just let people decorate their personal garrisons and add stuff to it for the current expansion and move on.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited February 2018
    Heh. I dunno if there is much Blizzard could do with WoW to bring me back. Since BoA is actually about Cthulu/Old Gods, my #1 favorite theme ever in any genre...and even with that info I go "enjoying other MMOs and other games".

Maybe I'll join again. But I played so much of WoW that I'd rather do new games, at least for now.

Post edited by TheScavenger on

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    As someone that never played WoW, (but I used to play the old Warcraft Games) I can say that sadly, nothing they have done as of late has made me want to get the game.

WoW, was always a raid focused game, which I hear they have some amazing raids so nothing but respect on that. But as I got older I simply lost the time to invest in that kind of game, I don't have the freedom to go research raids, do practice runs, farm gear to get ready, and all that jazz, so.. I just never picked up the game.

I wonder if many people may have moved away from the game for that same very reason that I never played.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347
    The only thing I can think of is if they added a user-friendly dungeon creator, so I could have a fresh stream of player created dungeons and create my own ones. For me WoW is pretty much a lobby dungeon-game, I enjoy challenging dungeons and WoW does those really well. For other types of gameplay I'd rather play a different game which does it better. Blizzard are in a class of their own when it comes to PvE dungeons and also raids, although those don't interest me much.

It's just that they aren't able to create the content I enjoy most at a fast enough pace to keep it interesting, I don't want to repeat the same dungeons for 1.5-2 years or however long it takes for them to release new ones.

• MellowTiggerMellowTigger Member UncommonPosts: 84
    A native Linux client.  Absolutely, I would come back after being gone for... well, more years than I can remember now.
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Action Combat System with controller support. I'd be back in a heartbeat. 

Something close to a mix of Diablo 3 and Kingdom of Amalur's combat.
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    At its heart it's still a themepark that is a decade old. I can't even stand the modern themeparks anymore so it didn't surprise me that I couldn't stand more than a couple hours of WoW when I tried to go back recently.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    klash2def said:
    Action Combat System with controller support. I'd be back in a heartbeat. 

Something close to a mix of Diablo 3 and Kingdom of Amalur's combat.
    There are several controller programs, like switchblade, so even if the game does not support it, don't let that stop you from using it.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• KeushpuppyKeushpuppy Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Stop gating quests crafting and stuff behind raids/rep. Thats why i cancelled both my accounts
    [Deleted User]
    The type of static grinds like World Quests and Artifact Power need to go.

Nothing has burnt me out on a game so badly.  It's almost all "solo" content, so you don't even have the social rapport of a group or raid to entertain you.  You're just mindlessly running around doing basically the same quests for basically the same rewards.

Versatility needs to go.  It was practically impossible for me to catch up to my guild when I tried because everything was coming with Versatility on it.  Huge iLevel upgrades, but tons of versatility or generally terrible secondary stats.  The same Artifact Relics from all of the WQs on the map, etc.

They need more progression dungeons like Karazhan.

They need to bring back 10 man raids.

Get rid of LFR.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    edited February 2018
    Interesting combat would at least get me to have another look.  I haven't played WoW since vanilla, but back then, the combat was almost entirely checks of whether your level and gear were high enough to proceed.  If they were, you win, and if not, you lose.  What you actually did in combat barely mattered unless you actively tried to fight in the very narrow range where there was some challenge--in which case, the game would punish you severely by making everything take you massively longer than anyone else.

My understanding is that many of the things that were so problematic in vanilla (very hard to get groups, stupidly long travel times, severe server instability/downtime, UI so broken as to be basically unplayable without add-ons, etc.) have since been fixed. I haven't seen any reason to believe that they've gone for interesting combat, however.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    New Character Models that actually look as good as Black Desert?

New User Interface.

Basically World OF Warcraft 2 on a new engine with features like Arche Age.
  • Pr3sid3ntSkr00bPr3sid3ntSkr00b Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Im an on-again off-again player.  More off than on as the years pass.  WoW does so much right yet does so much wrong as most mmos do.  But the last 2 xpacs w/ garrisons/artifact grind has pushed me away.  Hiding dailies in the form of world quests is just dumb.  Crafting needs major overhaul.  The game feels more like a anit-social mindless grind.  Like a crappy arpg diabloesque game.
  • Pr3sid3ntSkr00bPr3sid3ntSkr00b Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Renoaku said:
    New Character Models that actually look as good as Black Desert?

New User Interface.

Basically World OF Warcraft 2 on a new engine with features like Arche Age.
    1. The aesthetic/art choices in WoW has helped with its longevity.  
    2. You can create your own UI in WoW....its kinda one of its high points. lol
    3. You want it to become p2w?
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    F2P, B2P, or Action Combat.
  • MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    put it on the PS4 with proper controller support
  • RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711
    Progression type server could be enough, but it'll be a short lived return.  Once WotLK was complete, the game would end for me.  Up until that point, WOW was awesome.  After that, not so much.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, obviously.  However, Cata and beyond was the downward spiral that killed WOW.  Sure, making the game more "accessible" most certainly brought in more new players, but accessibility isn't necessarily always the best thing.  Dumb trees, with minimal choice functionally makes everyone the same.

That is boring.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Hard to tell what would bring me back I can say X this and X that but never do to bring me back.
  • rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    vanilla wow  thats all
  • natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    choice as i believe blizz have slowly over the years taken any real choice we have with anything,mainly talent trees,yes vanilla wow had its problems but i do feel like it was a proper mmo with options to build a char as you wished.
  • LadyAugustLadyAugust Member UncommonPosts: 12
    I'd only return to WoW if the community were better, and I don't foresee that happening any time ever.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    I would come back if it went totally f2p with a cash shop but Im not paying a sub for it.
  • nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
    i play wow now...ascension classless server hehe
    put it on the PS4 with proper controller support
    There is no way to properly support controllers in WoW, unless you didn't allow the controller/console players to play with the PC players.

1.  You're at a severe disadvantage in terms of performance, because you simply cannot use Accessories like Tartarus/Orbweaver/G13 and Naga (and their clones).  PS4 would only work if it was a KB/Mouse game, not controller.  And KB/Mouse latency on consoles is absolutely horrendous compared to PC.

Example:  On my AffLock, I can set the boss as a Focus Target.  When Adds spawn, I switch to them and DPS them.  To keep DoTs rolling on the Boss, I simply press the  [Space] pedal on my Tartarus and cast my dots.  The Space pedal is set to toggle to a second shift while it's depressed.  This shift has all the same DPS skills as my primary shift, except they're all "Focus Macros].  I don't even have to switch targets to DPS 2 targets.  I just have to depress one button on my PC accessory.

For using on-use effects, etc. I use my Naga Mouse.

2.  Somewhat related to #1 - you're likely to not have access to the Add-Ons that PC players have access to...

3.  Controller is too slow when it comes to target switching and movement, compared to Mouse and KB.  This is also going to affect our performance, as you will be late on everything that requires you to switch targets (on top of not being unable to DPS/Heal/Tank as well due to how PC users can optimize their setups).

Frankly, if they put PC KB/M and Console Controller users on teh same servers, the console players would be ostracized out of any level of serious gameplay (raiding, Mythic+ pushing, PvP) because no matter how good they are - they simply will not be able to compete with even worse players using better peripherals (and likely playing with better performance) on PC.

This works with FFXIV because the game was designed with slower, less dynamic casual-oriented gameplay than WoW.  It also has little to no Add-On ecosystem or extensibility.  Everything in that game is clearly telegraphed, etc.

WoW (and EQ2, to use another example) are not like that.  Console players would really need their own segregated servers, because they'd be largely relegated to playing with each other, anyways.

And I'd really push for some indicator in game letting us know which platform a player is playing on (i.e. in the Party Finder) so that I could not potentially ruin my group/raid experience by inviting them to the party/raid.  Sounds awful, but it's a reasonable request/stance and easily justifiable (FFXIV this is not the case, because the game was literally designed for this from the ground up).

Lastly, PS4 would be an awful choice, because WoW is DX 9/11 on Windows and they've pretty much deprecated OpenGL for Metal on macOS (they were very fast to move to Metal - within a couple of months of it being put in macOS - Blizzard had it implemented).  Both of those outperform OpenGL on their respective platforms, so it's likely that the OpenGL code isn't even being actively developed.

Xbox would make a lot more sense.

And if a port was to be made, KB/Mouse should be the intended input method.  Controller simply wouldn't work for WoW, at least not to any acceptable level.

If you need more ergonomic peripherals - PC really is where you should be.  Get an Orbweaver or Tartarus, a Naga, and move on.

LadyAugust said:
    I'd only return to WoW if the community were better, and I don't foresee that happening any time ever.
    The community is no worse than any other community.  I'd argue that a lot of what has been said of it is pure exaggeration borne out of "WoW envy" and the will for it to be de-reputized and killed...  Lots of people do this because they feel WoW is making it hard for their favorite games to thrive (or live).  It's still monopolizing a huge portion of the market.

FFXIV felt considerably more cliquey and elitist than WoW ever has to me, personally, and the people there aren't necessarily super social (not that there's a reason to be, since literally everything is done through a Duty Finder window).
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    edited March 2018
    I would come back if it went totally f2p with a cash shop but Im not paying a sub for it.
    Move to korea, they like to make trashy f2p and p2w games, half of which never make it here, thankfully.
    Balticthunder