Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation: 15 Minutes of World-Spanning Gameplay

2»

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited January 2018
    bcbully said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Looks good and all but if no pve servers then no go for me, I am not interested in being content for pvpers and the like.
    Get over yourself. Stop playing the victim. Get better. Hell pretend it’s an awesome AI Hunter NPC huntimg you down. Figure out how to avoid him! Lol
    Not about playing the victim. No interest in PvP at all. Only PvP I've done was in WoW battlegrounds when I want to.

I also lack the reflexes to play against other players and I don't enjoy losing all the time so I just don't play. Well if games don't want to cater to people like me I guess I will have to find other games. That is not a threat just the reality. If they refuse to create MMORPGs for PvE players than there's always single player games or older MMORPGs.
    Cazrieldelete5230
    Chamber of Chains
  • PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Its fine if you guys aren't interested in PvP, however if that is the case you really shouldn't be here. It is a core part of this game and it is dependent on PvP for the game to function. There is a 0% chance there will ever be any type of PvE server. Not every game has to cater to every type of player. Gotta find another game.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Really...a game that is 2 years away . Why ?
    Who are you even responding to?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    edited January 2018
    To report on what's going on, to keep people up-to-date on the development, because it's a site that lists news for mmorpg's/online games/related games?

Was this really hard?

I should add that they've had information about games that were yet to come to the West right up to the point they were announced "coming to the west".

They report on Pantheon with no release date, same with Camelot Unchained. etc, etc.
    ConstantineMerus
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    This reaffirms a terrible game designer.
    Why is literally every attack a SOLO combo,to me that is pathetic.The combat actually looks very weak,just spam combo combo ...combo combo.
    The world looks ok but seeing him run through water did not interact like water at all.

AI looks awful,mobs might as well be target dummies.

I would say they have a lot of work to do but i doubt this will change at all.
    Rpg's doing pvp is laughable,pretty much i can only see a reason is to support p2win because GOOD quality pvp is about balance/fairness,something rpg's cannot attain.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Wizardry said:
    Why is literally every attack a SOLO combo,to me that is pathetic.The combat actually looks very weak,just spam combo combo ...combo combo.
    The world looks ok but seeing him run through water did not interact like water at all.

Rpg's doing pvp is laughable,pretty much i can only see a reason is to support p2win because GOOD quality pvp is about balance/fairness,something rpg's cannot attain.

Balance and fairness about you having the same game I have. What more do you need?
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    cheyane said:
    bcbully said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Looks good and all but if no pve servers then no go for me, I am not interested in being content for pvpers and the like.
    Get over yourself. Stop playing the victim. Get better. Hell pretend it’s an awesome AI Hunter NPC huntimg you down. Figure out how to avoid him! Lol
    Not about playing the victim. No interest in PvP at all. Only PvP I've done was in WoW battlegrounds when I want to.

I also lack the reflexes to play against other players and I don't enjoy losing all the time so I just don't play. Well if games don't want to cater to people like me I guess I will have to find other games. That is not a threat just the reality. If they refuse to create MMORPGs for PvE players than there's always single player games or older MMORPGs.
    Ashes of Creation actually has open PvP?  *checks the game website FAQ*  ...hunh, well I'll be.  It does.

All this time I was under the impression from the way people talked about it on these forums that it was supposed to be "PvE themepark, but better".

..................good luck to them with that, I guess.  They'll need it with all those extra cans of worms they'll have to deal with.
    saker
    Wizardry said:

The only ability that has a combo feature is the weapon ability. If you combo it right you get a small boost in the resource that is generated. Every other ability has no combo. It is tab targeting with movement allowed as you cast. The person who compared it to GW2 is probably the best comparison. Also keep in mind everyone that this is still only months after the kickstarter ended. Like what are you guys expecting? It still has 2 more years to develop.
  • GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Wow... those flowers are huge
    JamesGoblin
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Pretty typical MMO combat as they show it now, to see what they add up on such as development continues.
  • Aliantha_AngelAliantha_Angel Member UncommonPosts: 225
    bcbully said:
    Asm0deus said:

Maybe you should cut him a break and get over yourself.  Not everyone wants to be PvP content.  I just tried a beta and quit 15 minutes later because I couldn't even get out of town and learn the game.

If a game has a reason for PvP like DAoC used to or even ESO then great, but a lot of people don't find fun in being beaten into submission for no apparent reason other than it makes someone wet himself with joy because he was able to wantonly kill just because.

I have no issues with PvP but I cannot get invested in a game that is going to die a slow or quick death because PvPers drive everyone else away.  That might be great fun but doesn't lead to longevity.

What's more, if a game has a PvE server and those people are helping fund your PvP servers, why would that bother you?  It's not like the people rolling on the PvE server were going to roll on your PvP server otherwise.
    Asm0deus
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    On the  PvP front, those anticipating a bit of a gankbox will be disappointed.  The game is not PvP-centric.   PvP appears to be an integral part of the game, hence no PvE servers, but not what the game is all about.  Only those playing Alpha know what this means. 

In some of the interviews a hefty corruption system has been described for griefers and gankers to discourage this behavior.   Corruption is what happens when a flagged player attacks an unflagged player.  The more you grief lowbies or PvE players, the more corruption you gain.  Then you get hunted down by bounty hunters and when you die an ignoble death, your loot drops and you incur an xp debt.

We're a long way from knowing if these dis-incentivizing will work, but it's clear the devs intend for it to work. 

Of all the recent KS games that seem designed to be gangboxes, this is the only one I've found that considers itself a PvE game with PvP; rather than a PvP game with PvE.   

[Deleted User]delete5230
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Rhoklaw said:
    From this video I gathered 2 things.

#1 - Final Fantasy visuals
    #2 - World of Warcraft combat

This video if recent had really no impact on me whatsoever. In fact, I enjoyed the gameplay from a year ago more than this. How is that even possible?

Me too lol.

It looks no different from that footage which I think is what makes it disappointing.  Animations still look like hell, combat still looks boring and generic, etc.
    JamesGoblin
  • GuizeeGuizee Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Mikeha said:
    It's looking gorgeously beautiful for a pre-alpha. Congratulations! That first cave with those glowing flowers <3 loved it. But there's one thing that I'm not really liking and that's the class. Too generalistic (even cliché). I'm not really into this game's news and how it's been growing it's just that I don't see like other mages doing different things, it's always the same fire + ice + lightning and a couple of "out-of-themed" skills. I don't know how the class and skill system works in this game so maybe what I'm writing is nonsense  :# but I'd love to see "specializations" - like gravitational mages, mages that bend space-time. Mind mages, conjuring illusions and using 'telepathy' and many other kinds I can think of.
  • LuidenLuiden Member RarePosts: 336
    Looks like there is a Global Cooldown at play, really don't like that.
    Kajidourden
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    edited February 2018
    bcbully said:
    Asm0deus said:
    A little bit of a case in point right here. 

I used to pvp quite a bit but in my "old age" I find myself not so interested in pvp or the teabagging and the your momma jokes and that kind of epeen.

In life eventually you find your tastes will evolve, at least you would hope so unless you actually want to end up like the guys in Cruising Bar, which means changes in play style preference as you grow, nothing wrong in that and there's no playing the victims about it.

[Deleted User]

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    edited February 2018
    Asm0deus said:
    bcbully said:
    Asm0deus said:

I used to pvp quite a bit but in my "old age" I find myself not so interested in pvp or the teabagging and the your momma jokes and that kind of epeen.

In life eventually you find your tastes will evolve, at least you would hope so unless you actually wan to end up like the guy in Cruising Bar, which means changes in play style preference as you grow, nothing wrong in that and there's no playing the victims about it.

During my midlife crisis I went for hardcore PvP again. With a little help from enhancements, I pawned quite a lot of them millennials' butts. Felt good.

disclaimer: By enhancements I meant love and honesty, kids. Those two are the pillars of inhuman reflexes and Deadshot-level accuracy! ;)
    MadFrenchie
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    edited February 2018
    Asm0deus said:
    bcbully said:
    Asm0deus said:

In life eventually you find your tastes will evolve, at least you would hope so unless you actually wan to end up like the guy in Cruising Bar, which means changes in play style preference as you grow, nothing wrong in that and there's no playing the victims about it.

During my midlife crisis I went for hardcore PvP again. With a little help from enhancements, I pawned quite a lot of them millennials' butts. Felt good.

disclaimer: By enhancements I meant love and honesty, kids. Those two are the pillars of inhuman reflexes and Deadshot-level accuracy! ;)
    Nothing wrong with that, point is things change and so do tastes for myself I went from playing lots of pvp game to losing complete interest in them and I now prefer pve based ones.  For some other it may be the total opposite and they might go from pve games to pvp ones.

Cazriel said:
    On the  PvP front, those anticipating a bit of a gankbox will be disappointed.  The game is not PvP-centric.   PvP appears to be an integral part of the game, hence no PvE servers, but not what the game is all about.  Only those playing Alpha know what this means. 

In some of the interviews a hefty corruption system has been described for griefers and gankers to discourage this behavior.   Corruption is what happens when a flagged player attacks an unflagged player.  The more you grief lowbies or PvE players, the more corruption you gain.  Then you get hunted down by bounty hunters and when you die an ignoble death, your loot drops and you incur an xp debt.

We're a long way from knowing if these dis-incentivizing will work, but it's clear the devs intend for it to work. 

Of all the recent KS games that seem designed to be gangboxes, this is the only one I've found that considers itself a PvE game with PvP; rather than a PvP game with PvE.   

I played a pvp game way back where it had a similar system. Everyone started out with a "white" name and if you pvped white names, IE players not interested in pvp but rather stayed to pve, you earned points and got a "red name".

Having a red name incurred XP penalties, was a korean game with already harsh XP and sp requirements at leveling both lvls and skills, and some pretty good stat nerfs.

Likewise you could earn a "blue name" by killing red named players which did not incur penalties like having a red name. It didn't really stop anyone from ganking and all the usual kind of behavior that goes along with it.

I don't mind games that have pvp areas like ESO, as you can just stay out of them when not interested in pvp, but full on pvp anywhere kind of ruins it for me when I just want to explore the world and chill with my son and wife and I'm not interested in "drama".

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    bcbully said:
    Asm0deus said:

Maybe you should cut him a break and get over yourself.  Not everyone wants to be PvP content.  I just tried a beta and quit 15 minutes later because I couldn't even get out of town and learn the game.

If a game has a reason for PvP like DAoC used to or even ESO then great, but a lot of people don't find fun in being beaten into submission for no apparent reason other than it makes someone wet himself with joy because he was able to wantonly kill just because.

I have no issues with PvP but I cannot get invested in a game that is going to die a slow or quick death because PvPers drive everyone else away.  That might be great fun but doesn't lead to longevity.

What's more, if a game has a PvE server and those people are helping fund your PvP servers, why would that bother you?  It's not like the people rolling on the PvE server were going to roll on your PvP server otherwise.
    Sounds like you were playing terrible mmorpg or a survival game.

World pvp with no purpose like WoW and all its clones is terrible. Purpose with risk and reward makes all the difference, see games like Wushu and EvE. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    The way this game was designed it NEEDS PvP. Towns created on certain nodes unlocks certain dungeons. The only way for you to experience other dungeons/events is to destroy cities so others can be built (since there can only be 3 metropolis cities at a time). 

The whole node system is built around this.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited February 2018
    Ponzini said:
    The way this game was designed it NEEDS PvP. Towns created on certain nodes unlocks certain dungeons. The only way for you to experience other dungeons/events is to destroy cities so others can be built (since there can only be 3 metropolis cities at a time). 

The whole node system is built around this.

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Asm0deus said:
    Thats ok, the game is not going to cater to PVE only players.   This game will force you to make friends and not play the WOW Clone striped PVE content.   This game will make you be friend people because yes a PKer can kill you and take a percentage of your resources.  But also the Karma system in the game will make it that if a person is a real jerk that you can kill him easier than he can kill you and you take everything on him.    There is a major Risk vs Reward system in the game that PKers will have a higher risk if they are always playing in a negative way in the game.  Yes you could catch a player with half their stats at max level and kill him with little effort and get a treasure trove of stuff because he was stupid.    

The risk to PVE players will be more focused around losing a percentage of crafting materials and some time.   The idea that the developers are going for is you might lose a few minutes worth of time by being PKed in the world vs a PKer can lose everything on them.    Yes Caravans can make you risk stuff, but on the flip side have a few friends and likely you will not run into but a few attackers.    With no quick travel there is no way to get across the map in time to stop a caravan.   

I am way more of a PVE player myself, however with that said the balance they are putting in this system with the Karma system and its not full PVP looting I do not risk a lot of time.   I also plan to be a heavy crafter in this game.   Guess what, my friends will be protecting me in this endeavor to get cheaper gear.   

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Torval said:
    FYI, Ashes is streaming live at 1300 Pacific time today. That's in 5 minutes. :smiley:

Too bad I couldnt watch it because I was getting my kids, its my weekend to have my kids.  I will have to watch it another time.