Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Capcom Announces MHW As Its Fastest Selling Game to Date with 6M Copies Shipped - Monster Hunter Wor

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageCapcom Announces MHW As Its Fastest Selling Game to Date with 6M Copies Shipped - Monster Hunter World - MMORPG.com

Monster Hunter World News - Capcom has announced on its Japanese site that Monster Hunter World is the fastest selling game in the company's history. To date, over six million copies have been shipped for consoles. Sales figures for MHW will doubtless rise greatly once the PC version is launched in Fall 2018. Currently, MHW is the top paid XBox One game and is at the #1 spot on the PlayStation Store as well.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    I'm hoping for a pc beta
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Are you putting this news piece out because you're trying to influence us to follow the links and go buy it? Journalistic integrity...

It's not like Capcom has released that many games so big deal.

Got those out of the way.

Really, I am going to be getting it. Just waiting on the PC release and to see how the port turns out. Been waiting in anticipation this long, what's a few more months? PC is my weapon of choice, but if it is janky I'll get it for one of the other systems.

That's probably a lie. I'll most likely wait a couple more weeks and cave in on the PS4 then still get it for PC when that arrives.
    SBFordJeffSpicoli[Deleted User]wingoodMange1infomatzPsym0n
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    The game deserves it.

Chances are, I'll be using my existing ps4 copy as my solo play through, then buy the pc version (if the port is good) instead of buying PS+ for a multiplayer playthrough. I just can't think of anything else that I would buy a PS+ subscription for. 
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

frostymug said:

Are you putting this news piece out because you're trying to influence us to follow the links and go buy it? Journalistic integrity...

Really, I am going to be getting it. Just waiting on the PC release and to see how the port turns out. Been waiting in anticipation this long, what's a few more months? PC is my weapon of choice, but if it is janky I'll get it for one of the other systems.

That's probably a lie. I'll most likely wait a couple more weeks and cave in on the PS4 then still get it for PC when that arrives.

Its not a bad thing when they push good games, i dont mind, Now keyboards with no letters on the keys and "gaming desks" designed for 12 year olds, thats a different story
    Samhaelfrostymug
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    6m copies sold, 15% player retantion rate. No longterm appeal.
    TheScavenger
  • JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

exile01 said:

Based on what comprehensive analysis? Game is great. It's not an MMORPG. 125+ hours in and still a lot to do seems pretty good for $50
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Yeah, this is going to do damned well on PC, too. That number will double with the PC launch, i'd bet.
    [Deleted User]wingood

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    exile01 said:
    Where are you seeing information about retention rate? I can't seem to find anything.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    I jumped the gun and got it for ps4. Thought I would regret not waiting but am loving every minute so far. Lots to do, each big monster feels very different and plays out different. Grind for new gear doesn't "feel" grindy and soo many little things added that there is something there for literally everyone.
    [Deleted User]
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    Wow those are some MONSTER sales.  

See what I did there?

Anyone?   

Yes?

I'll just... I'll go over there now. 
    Sovrath[Deleted User]rojoArcueidwingoodTacticalZombeh3dominfomatz

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    Waiting patiently for the PC version. If the port is good, this could be an awesome game and help fill in for the lack of good/average MMO releases for the last few years.
    [Deleted User]
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Wow those are some MONSTER sales.  

See what I did there?

Anyone?   

Yes?

I'll just... I'll go over there now. 
    Yup... keep going... and don't look back.

That was terrible.
    :)
    maskedweasel

..Cake..

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Jimmydean said:

exile01 said:

Based on what comprehensive analysis? Game is great. It's not an MMORPG. 125+ hours in and still a lot to do seems pretty good for $50
    Well there are people that spend 500h in puzzle pirate, what does that say to you, what does that say about quality?
    Games these days sell by good marketing. This game is everywhere you go. Does that mean we have a quality product here? What is the competition here, where is it? There is none, there is no blockbuster challenging them. Its overhyped by marketing. Thats what it is. 

What can you do there? hunt big monsters to get new armor? come on. Destiny 1 and 2 had over 10mil copies sold in the same timeframe but look at that piece of shit.

TheScavenger
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    exile01 said:
    Jimmydean said:

exile01 said:

Well there are people that spend 500h in puzzle pirate, what does that say to you, what does that say about quality?
    Games these days sell by good marketing. This game is everywhere you go. Does that mean we have a quality product here? What is the competition here, where is it? There is none, there is no blockbuster challenging them. Its overhyped by marketing. Thats what it is. 

What can you do there? hunt big monsters to get new armor? come on. Destiny 1 and 2 had over 10mil copies sold in the same timeframe but look at that piece of shit.

He asked for you to back up the numbers you spouted. Not make faulty comparisons to other successful games by different developers, inject pure opinion, and argue that bad games can also be popular.

If you state that a game has a 15% retention rate, back that up. Otherwise, you've just pulled it out of your ass.
    maskedweasel[Deleted User]LackingMMO
    exile01 said:
    Jimmydean said:

exile01 said:

great can you point us to where you were getting your information about retention rate.

maskedweasel[Deleted User]

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• RolanStormRolanStorm Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Stop it! I get the game is good, I am not buying console!

:D :D :D

Really would try this one.
    Sovrath[Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Stop it! I get the game is good, I am not buying console!

:D :D :D

Really would try this one.
    I'm in your boat. waiting for PC version ... waiting for PC version ... WAITING FOR PC GODAMMIT!!!!
    [Deleted User]TacticalZombeh

thunderC said:

frostymug said:

Its not a bad thing when they push good games, i dont mind, Now keyboards with no letters on the keys and "gaming desks" designed for 12 year olds, thats a different story
    The keyboard without letters. Yeah. I thought the whole RGB thing was the ultimate over the top style over substance, but there are surprises lurking around every corner.
    Awesome game and it deserves the success it is having. I will buy it again on PC so I can play with my PC pals.  2018 is shaping up to be a great gaming year already! Now I am waiting for my preorder copy of Far Cry 5 to arrive next month! Good time to be a gamer :) 
    FC5 is another one I'm planning to get lost in. Even UPlay can't temper that. 
    [Deleted User]infomatz

I know this is OT. Keycaps without printed legends isn't a new flashy trend. It's a popular configuration for certain developer and content creation types. Often blank caps are colored sets representing key function groups. I know they seem strange to those unfamiliar with them or the groups that employ them.
    Strange that it is marketed for bad ass typists and gaming enthusiasts though, where it is completely style over substance. Most of the ones I've seen as you describe are more keypads or the original DasKeyboard before it was for gaming enthusiasts.
  • Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266

exile01 said:

fake news

About 100 hours in and still going strong, the game has a life span like any game does but the retention rate is certainly not an issue. I'm ahead of the curve according to reddit and I still got dozens of hours worth of things I need to do still.
    frostymug[Deleted User]
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    So glad i did not play follow the leader and jump off that same bridge,the game does not warrant my time,nor is it good enough to warrant any longevity.

I have already seen giant sized mobs,that kiddie stuff doesn't excite me anymore,just like Ark,Dinosaurs are cool but again  i am a big boy now,cutesy gimmicks do not bait me in.Just based on watching not playing,MH is barely a 5/10,if it was a 6/10 i might actually play it for a bit but i won't because it doesn't look good enough.
    I am pretty sure Capcom doesn't miss my few dollars if they are making millions,guess what ,the feeling is mutual as  i don't miss playing a game i feel is not good enough.
    AeanderrojoArcueid

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    exile01 said:
    Jimmydean said:

exile01 said:

I always love it when the uneducated come out to "tell it like it is." The series is 14 years old, has sold 45+ million copies and has spawned an entire genre. You don't like it? Sure, but the rest of what you spout is utter, uninformed nonsense.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]rojoArcueid
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    I honestly don't find that 6M copies sold is a good argument for me to buy it, in fact most of the games I tend to enjoy just doesn't get that big sales. I'm just not that fond of games that appeal to mainstream gamers.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.