Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prediction : Beta imminent

OnodrimOnodrim Member UncommonPosts: 45
ok you heard it here first :wink:

From looking at the updates on their site, things are really falling into place.

Beta: late Q2 : 2018
Release: Late Q4: 2018- Early Q1 2019
Happy new year! (Next year)
wesjrtime007

Comments

• pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    i wouldnt complain!
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Onodrim said:

From looking at the updates on their site, things are really falling into place.

Your Beta 1 start date seems plausible. But there's really no chance the game would enter Beta 1 in say May and then launch less than 7 months later. Even KS estimated something like 10 months total for all 3 beta stages to be completed and those KS estimates have so far turned out to be wildly optimistic. I am expecting something more like a Q3/Q4 2019 launch assuming Beta 1 starts in the first half of 2018.

I'm not sure I'd call late Q2 2018 "imminent" really either. Imminent would be late January or at most early February.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Onodrim said:

I actually think Beta will start in Q1 2018 :smile:

I am also hopeful for a 2018 release, probably aiming for thanksgiving but delaying til christmas. 

I'm probably wrong though! I also don't mind any further delays, I'm not financially invested and I haven't committed to an MMO for 5 years now, so I'm happy to wait as long as it takes.
    some-clueless-guyKyleran
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    MJ has stated a 2019 release and only because of the ramp up of the team size due to the new investment money. Beta announcement is indeed soon as they have already stated that. Whether that means within 3, 4 or more months I have no clue but it's a date he said he believes they can stick to very closely instead of a wild guess.

There most certainly will be some early beta stages this year at least. Maybe beta 1 and 2 perhaps with 3 and 4 next year followed by an open beta (confirmed) and likely a few stress tests then release last half 2019. Caveats include delays created if hiring the new surge of team members is too slow and any major development hiccups (which MJ stated should have minimal chance due to tackling the tough stuff early already).

You stay sassy!

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    If it's anything like they say it will, I'll be playing the shit out of the beta.
    Fingers crossed :neutral:

..Cake..

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    sgel said:
    If it's anything like they say it will, I'll be playing the shit out of the beta.
    Assuming they will be doing a full wipe shortly before launch as is traditional,  I'll only be giving it a quick trial until fully released.

MrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    sgel said:
    Assuming they will be doing a full wipe shortly before launch as is traditional,  I'll only be giving it a quick trial until fully released.
    There will be a wipe before launch.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    The suspense is killing me! I have been expecting a beta announcement sometime soon for the last two years, but it looks like it really might be just around the corner this time!
    Realizer
    Today's weekly update stream mentioned the next announcement is Beta. They aren't quite ready yet however. Within 2 weeks I would hope but it's likely a combo of getting the code in place along with aligning the new hires and team structure.

I'm not sure what the 3rd announcement is about which is after the Beta announcement. MJ stated that he is aware the backers are adamant about getting a beta date the company can stick with and that is their goal.

You stay sassy!

Tamanous said:
    Today's weekly update stream mentioned the next announcement is Beta. They aren't quite ready yet however. Within 2 weeks I would hope but it's likely a combo of getting the code in place along with aligning the new hires and team structure.

I'm not sure what the 3rd announcement is about which is after the Beta announcement. MJ stated that he is aware the backers are adamant about getting a beta date the company can stick with and that is their goal.
    The announcement of the projected Beta 1 start date should be next week or soon after. I expect the actual date to be multiple months from then.
    tweedledumb99

• tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    meddyck said:
    /snip
    The announcement of the projected Beta 1 start date should be next week or soon after. I expect the actual date to be multiple months from then.
    I'm expecting June
    edited January 2018
    meddyck said:
    Tamanous said:

I'd call that stating the obvious ... and ya, I've stated the same before. Read 6 posts above yours and you'd see I wrote the exact same thing.

You stay sassy!

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    More like beta 2018, launch 2020.
    meddyckKyleran
  • EvilgentlemanEvilgentleman Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Do not invest in this game.  Yesterday they sent out an email saying a beta test was going to start in two hours and will only be two hours.  This is only the third beta1 test I have had an email about.  What grinds my gears is they know people  who can afford to buy the beta kickstarter of this game would be working during this time.

Then after I bring this up in fourms what do they do?   Block me from forums and delete my post. If how they treat their investors is any indication of how this game will come out we all should be getting our money back.

Has anyone felt like they are worth the more and more money they keep asking for with no respect givin to those that helped them?  Sorry posted this in the wrong thread.
  • cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Considering they're testing with the Beta group now, I'd say that is very likely.
    Do not invest in this game.  Yesterday they sent out an email saying a beta test was going to start in two hours and will only be two hours.  This is only the third beta1 test I have had an email about.  What grinds my gears is they know people  who can afford to buy the beta kickstarter of this game would be working during this time.

Then after I bring this up in fourms what do they do?   Block me from forums and delete my post. If how they treat their investors is any indication of how this game will come out we all should be getting our money back.

Has anyone felt like they are worth the more and more money they keep asking for with no respect givin to those that helped them?  Sorry posted this in the wrong thread.
    You have to learn to read carefully.  They are not in beta 1 testing yet, they invited  you and other beta 1 testers to an “in-office” (break the build test) which are always conducting during the US working weekday hours.  

The email you received (if you opened it up) stated the purpose was to help stabilize the build more quickly in order to solidify it in order to start running weekend tests such as an upcoming Saturday Night Seige event.

I suspect your query on the official forums was somewhat hostile in nature, and revealed you failed to read and understand the information they sent you.    Not surprised they deleted your post, official forums are like that, though the blocking of you is puzzling unless you were extremely toxic because that’s not the best way to treat a customer.

Also, I don’t recall ever being asked to give them more money, not a single offer to buy something additional in their store, heck, I don’t even know if they have one.

One final point which Kickstarter/Crowdfunding backers must learn to understand, you are not an “investor”, you are a patron or “donator”, makes a big difference in what your “rights” are.

But you know, they still offer refunds, you can ask for your money back.

cjmarshmeddyckJamesGoblintweedledumb99YashaXcameltosisSlapshot1188Realizerjimmywolfpantaroand 2 others.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited February 2018
    Post wasn't deleted, it's still up there.

Evilgentleman's account was disabled, I'm assuming because he was or is being issued a refund, which he explicitly requested in his forum post.

His post was implicitly demanding break-the-build tech tests run outside CSE office hours, despite the fact that this would be (according to CSE) both less feasible and *far* less useful.

He mentioned he's a lead at Tesla, and that his 20+ Guildies would be leaving too.

By this afternoon, the funding ticker on the Camelot website went down by a significant amount, suggesting that the refund was indeed processed super quickly.

To be fair to Evil, that process may have/be completed after his post in this thread.

Edit: this raises the question "should a backer anywhere in the world have tech testing meet their schedule, when that testing requires CSE staff to be working while it's going on (i.e. 4-6 tests run throughout each 24 hour day of testing, with staff hired/paid overtime to manage the test during non-office hours)?"

I'd say that's not a worthwhile use of money.
    cjmarshKyleranJamesGoblinYashaXMrMelGibsonSiphaed
    AFAIK Mark does refunds in batches so the totals on the website probably went down because he processed a batch of refunds not because he reacted to one particular backer demanding a refund.
    JamesGoblinYashaXKyleransome-clueless-guyMrMelGibsontweedledumb99

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Onodrim said:

Beta timing I would agree. Product launch...mid to late 2019.
    (If they are going to hire 40-45 new people....that tells you how much work still needs to be done.)
    Kyleran
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    I'm guessing announcement either tomorrow or next Friday, with the date being May/June. Which puts beta 3 in time for Christmas break/New Years, and launch by around this time next year.  That's assuming their new hires get quickly into the swing of things. 
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    meddyck said:
    AFAIK Mark does refunds in batches so the totals on the website probably went down because he processed a batch of refunds not because he reacted to one particular backer demanding a refund.
     Well Tweedle mentioned there may have been 20+ guildies involved with the refund also.  Shame, I would have enjoyed taking Tesla's keep. lol 
    edited February 2018
    meddyck said:
    That *generally* is what happens.

But I don't think that's what happened in this specific case - based on the hostility in the initial post asking for the refund, and Mark's reply, and the account being closed around the same time the ticker went down.  Edit: also, I have yet to see an account disabled before the refund has been issued.

I think Mark wanted to make this a solved problem ASAP, and did so.
    Kyleran
    edited February 2018
    meddyck said:

But I don't think that's what happened in this specific case - based on the hostility in the initial post asking for the refund, and Mark's reply, and the account being closed around the same time the ticker went down.  Edit: also, I have yet to see an account disabled before the refund has been issued.

Any idea how much the funding ticker went down? Was mentioned as a significant amount, that could be $2K (20 people at $100 each) or some amount more. (Or less)

MrMelGibson

Beta Date announcement Monday Feb 12. 
    KyleranJamesGoblintweedledumb99YashaXRealizerMrMelGibson

You stay sassy!

Kyleran said:
    meddyck said:

Any idea how much the funding ticker went down? Was mentioned as a significant amount, that could be $2K (20 people at $100 each) or some amount more. (Or less)

It was about $2,000, maybe a bit more?
    JamesGoblinYashaXKyleran